RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Page Arizona for 2 days...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Page Arizona for 2 days...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
super_camper

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/09 06:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Planning our vacation west this summer to arizona, utah, and colorado. After reading and researching alot most of our stops have been pretty easy to plan in terms of deciding what to do. Page is little different for us as there looks like alot to do in the area but our stay is quite short (2 nights)

For those with experience in the area - what would you recommend to a first timer to Page with only 2 days?

USAFBILL

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/09 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slot canyons are a must in Page. Be sure to get reservations and try for the photo tour on the upper canyon. The lower canyon is self tour.

spitfirepete

Great Outdoors RV resort

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/09 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just passed thru Page and stopped to see the huge dam that created Lake Powell...It's only 16 feet shorter than Hoover Dam...Worth an hour of your time

Peter and Linda
2011 Tiffin Phaeton
2007 Saturn Vue toad
Bichon and Cocker (spoiled puppies)

Itchey Feet

Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/09 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plan on "Antelope Canyon" @ 12: 00 noon, (use a guided tour and ride from downtown Page) that is when the sun shines down onto the floor of that canyon, try and find a way out to "Horseshoe Bend" , this is a walk over to the edge of the river below the dam (the upper most) part of the Grand Canyon.

My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

sparker1

St Petersburg, Fl, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/09 05:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recommend both Upper & Lower Antelope Canyons. For good photographs, you need a tripod. Horseshoe Bend is another "must see". Near Page, you can find North Coyote Buttes (home of The Wave), which requires a permit, Wirepass and Buckskin Gulch (slot canyons), Cottonwood Canyon (scenic drive), Paria Valley (scenic drive), Rimrock Hoodoos, Stud Horse Point, overlooks of Lake Powell, etc, etc. In other words, two days isn't nearly long enough for this area. Check out the Arizona and Utah sections of my photo gallery for ideas.

Stan

2002 Monaco Windsor DP
2003 Honda Pilot

Travel photos at Photo Gallery

Red Eagle

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/09 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AS mentioned , Antelope Canyon is a great little slot canyon (located on Navaho land,so there is a fee charged). Be sure to take water & sunscreen & camera. Lake Powell provides a great place to rent a boat and go exploring upriver. If you head south toward Flagstaff and take 89A, you can stop at the Navaho bridge over Marble Canyon. That is where the rafts put in at Lees Ferry nearby to float down the Colorado River. Also, a long day trip would be to drive over to Monument Valley (where a number of western movies were filmed). Take your pick and enjoy time at each site you choose to visit. P.S. At night, you might just see something if you check out the sky (lots of stars,airplanes, ufo's). Haave a great trip.

super_camper

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/09 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've read quite a bit about antelope canyon and some of the feedback I've read is to steer clear as it's quite busy with lots of yours, shoulder to shoulder people and being rushed.

Boat rentals sound good, any recommendations on rentals and/or tours

thanks in advance

sparker1

St Petersburg, Fl, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/09 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

super_camper wrote:

I've read quite a bit about antelope canyon and some of the feedback I've read is to steer clear as it's quite busy with lots of yours, shoulder to shoulder people and being rushed.

Boat rentals sound good, any recommendations on rentals and/or tours

thanks in advance

Upper Antelope is quite popular. I went in March, so it wasn't crowded. Lower Antelope is less crowded, but has more interesting patterns (IMO). Canyon X is even less crowded.

There is a boat tour to see Rainbow Bridge. Was once a 1/2 day tour. If the lake level is still down, the boat docks about 1-2 miles from the arch and you hike there and back to the boat. It is a full day tour then.

Brodie3Az

Chandler, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/09 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you will be in town on June 13 & 14, there will be offroad racing across from WalMart. Motorcycles, Quads, UTV's, China Lites, and Trophy Karts with competitors aged 4 yrs and up.

Busskipper

Grasonville,Md/Superior, CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/09 05:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sparker1 wrote:

I recommend both Upper & Lower Antelope Canyons. For good photographs, you need a tripod. Horseshoe Bend is another "must see". Near Page, you can find North Coyote Buttes (home of The Wave), which requires a permit, Wirepass and Buckskin Gulch (slot canyons), Cottonwood Canyon (scenic drive), Paria Valley (scenic drive), Rimrock Hoodoos, Stud Horse Point, overlooks of Lake Powell, etc, etc. In other words, two days isn't nearly long enough for this area. Check out the Arizona and Utah sections of my photo gallery for ideas.

This is really good advice.

BOL,

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Page Arizona for 2 days...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.