|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quick trip: XP and me at the lake

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Murgatroid

Nevada City, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DosX wrote:

I hope the XP Camper lines up better then Marc's shirt. (The roast picture).

Looks like a great spot.

Marc's attention to detail on his camper is amazing. His clothing - not so much! [emoticon]

BT and others,

The roast was very good, even having been dropped in the rosemary bush!

-steve

2009 Northern Lite 9.6Q Classic
2012 Cyclone 300C
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB CTD 2WD for towing
2004 Ford F250 ExCab LB P/S 4WD for hauling

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yep, that branch would have ripped a hole in the outfitter or cracked it, either one I guess. great photos!

54suds

adk mts.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/09 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

???????? wonder why side torn up but the plastic window only lightly scratched?????

2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

Murgatroid

Nevada City, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

54suds wrote:

???????? wonder why side torn up but the plastic window only lightly scratched?????

The window was already scratched from his adventures in AZ and Death Valley a couple months back. He was hung up on the branch pretty good, but stopped before hitting the window. I was pulling on the tree while pushing against his flat bed with my foot. He was able to turn the truck and camper to the left, swinging the back out and away from the branch. We tried hard to avoid taking out his window!

The branch mainly just scraped the paint off and left a slight impression. It's an easy repair, although I told Marc to leave it as a battle scar and testament to the durability of the shell!

-steve

54suds

adk mts.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/09 02:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks for the reply [emoticon]

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 03:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Murg:

...I couldn't quite make out the brand of beer you had sitting just to the right of your fire extinguisher in photo 1521; however later in your post you answered my curiosity...excellent choice [emoticon]

What a great set of photos; this place (and the TCs in it) make us want to "be there...too" !

Thanks for your effort; into TR it goooooesss....

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Murgatroid

Nevada City, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand wrote:

Murg:

...I couldn't quite make out the brand of beer you had sitting just to the right of your fire extinguisher in photo 1521; however later in your post you answered my curiosity...excellent choice [emoticon]

Good eyes! I was wondering if anyone would notice the beer sitting there. I sure needed it after the drive in!

silversand wrote:

What a great set of photos; this place (and the TCs in it) make us want to "be there...too" !

Thanks for your effort; into TR it goooooesss....

Cheers,
Silver-

Thanks, Silver!

-steve

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Good eyes!

...I can't help it...I'm into the "details"; it's a bad habit I picked up scouring satellite images ![emoticon]!

Cheers,
S-

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know another thought that comes to mind is that usually chefs are very picky about their cooking gear. The fact that Marc seems to be happy cooking on the diesel stovetop is a good sign. Of course to me the only REAL way to cook while camping is in that dutch oven. [emoticon] We did chicken enchiladas last weekend in one of our dutch ovens - after smoking the chicken first in a charcoal smoker. The smoking added a lot of time over just grilling it, but man were they good.

Murgatroid

Nevada City, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/09 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

btggraphix wrote:

You know another thought that comes to mind is that usually chefs are very picky about their cooking gear. The fact that Marc seems to be happy cooking on the diesel stovetop is a good sign. Of course to me the only REAL way to cook while camping is in that dutch oven. [emoticon] We did chicken enchiladas last weekend in one of our dutch ovens - after smoking the chicken first in a charcoal smoker. The smoking added a lot of time over just grilling it, but man were they good.

Marc was telling me that there is a learning curve to using the stove. It's unusual, thats for sure. You basically only have one controllable burner. The smaller burner is getting residual heat from the main burner, so is always on a low setting. You also have to be sure the cooktop is cool (15 minutes or so) before lowering the top! Marc had thought of taking it out and putting a propane cooktop in it's place, but now is used to the Webasto and doesn't mind cooking on it.

Your smoked chicken enchiladas sound amazing! I'll be picking up my own dutch oven soon. What's a good one to get?

-steve

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quick trip: XP and me at the lake
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.