|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My EASY LED Upgrade

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next
Sponsored By:
trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/09 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like many here, I've experimented with a few things over the years....Here's one option I pursued ....... just got two of these last week, they are very nice...

time to order a few more.

PLUG-n-PLAY!!!

As for the Lumen output, they are just a few lumens dimmer than the 1141 they replaced - the difference is so minimal, it's pretty much not noticeable.

http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/other/RV-1141.htm

[image]

here's what it looked like in my rig:

LED on the left, 1141 on the right.

[image]

* This post was edited 01/26/10 10:28am by trail-explorer *

Bob

John & Christine

Milford

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/09 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah I saw those in another post while researching LED's and they look great. Unfortunetly I found your post just after I purchased THESE. Not sure I will like the Bright White.

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/09 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's another picture of it.... with the lenses off.

[image]

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/09 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John & Christine wrote:

Yeah I saw those in another post while researching LED's and they look great. Unfortunetly I found your post just after I purchased THESE. Not sure I will like the Bright White.

I tried something similar, but had fewer LEDs, and the "blueish" colored light a true white LED emits was kind of annoying. after time, it messes with your eyes. I'd estimate they had a color temp of somewhere between 5600k and 6000k.

THe new ones I got are more of a "warm" what color... color temp is under 4000k and more closely duplicates light of an incandescent bulb.

surveyguy

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/09 10:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the flat type with 20 led's, they're white (not the super-white) and under the lens the light color is just right for me. (answering the question of if you'll like the bright white). as far as that post for $10 for two of those on ebay? WOW!

thanks for sharing everyone, i just hope we have better luck with these new ones, i've heard some guy's say they've not had them last long.

'03 F250 SD CC SB 7.3PS timbrens, 1 1/4" anti-sways, 4" exh, many mod's.
Lance squirelite,

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/09 11:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

surveyguy wrote:

i've heard some guy's say they've not had them last long.

the ones (the 1141 replacements) I got are brand new on the market, so I can't say that they've been around long enough to have anyone say they fail after a short time.

surveyguy

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/09 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well definately the price is right. thanks for sharing!

Chuck and Di

Yukon, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/09 06:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd be very interested to see how long these bulb replacements last for folks. If you are using them, have you had any failures yet?

LED technology's major difference from traditional lighting is that the light source is a piece of electronics and is consequently heat sensitive. When used with a proper heat sink, LED's will last 30+ years. Any design that does not use a properly designed heat management approach is going to die quite early. (weeks or months - sometimes minutes!)

I'm not convinced it's possible to do a simple RV bulb replacement with a proper thermal design - I believe you would need to incorporate the fixture into the overall design to wick away heat in order to get something with longevity. Certainly none of the stuff on the referenced sites appears to be designed with longevity in mind. Don't be fooled by a spec sheet that says "up to 50,000 hours life" - 1 hour meets that spec!

There is quality product out there - but not at $10 - $20 per source. This technology is still early days, and there is a lot of junk. You need to work hard to find the good stuff until the market shakes out.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/09 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found some info. from a company that i bought from . http://www.superbrightleds.com/carbulb-notes.htm

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/09 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chuck and Di wrote:

I'd be very interested to see how long these bulb replacements last for folks. If you are using them, have you had any failures yet?

No failures yet, but I've only had them a week, so it's too realy to judge them.

The advantage to the ones I got is they fill the lens with light because they reflect light off the back of the fixture, unlike the "PCB style" lights sold by superbrightleds

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My EASY LED Upgrade
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS