|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> THOUSAND TRAILS MEMBERSHIP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
POOH

Midlothian, Va.

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/02 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been members of ttn since 198? and think it is a great bargain. We love the parks and security. Increases in dues are based on cola until age 65 then locked.
Our membership is good nationwide and unlimited to the number of nights we are allowed to use it.

*This Message was edited on 22-May-02 05:40 PM by POOH*

kwash

San Diego, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/02 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Rosser, I hope you do the right thing for yourself. My wife and I did a lot of research, and TT was not high on our hit list. But, that does not mean others might have had a different idea about it than we did, as you have read the other post you can see that is true. Just make certain that you feel good about whatever deal you might get or you will regret it later, and make sure that you are going to use it enought to justify the expense. The big thing to look for is to make certain that you yearly maintenance fees are locked for ever, and that in case they are bought out or whatever that your membership either transfers or will stay the same. This is what happened to my wife and I. We bought a local membership in a small campground org. then they got bought, but with the way our contract was written the new owners had to honor our original contract as long as we paid our dues. So whatever way you decide, just be happy and camp the hell out of it.

See ya all on the road this summer
[emoticon]

2004.5 Dodge 3500 Cummins HO w/Prodigy
2002 Keystone Hornet 27B Bunkhouse
1 Wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and oh yeah me.

Beware the power of stupid people in large groups.

Louie

Sun Lakes, AZ USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/03 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought a resale Thousand Trails from this company--Dec. 19, 2003. How long did it take you to get paperwork from Thousand Trails itself? We haven't gotten anything from them yet so we can pay the transfer fee.
Dianne and Louie

Louie & Dianne

40' HR Endeavor, 2004 Honda Pilot Towed
FMCA 331057,Good Sam,Thousand Trails/NACO/Leisure Time

MovinSue

_ , Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/03 06:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I "just" purchased an unlimited membership for $1995 and $500/year dues (increases based on CPI). We are still "researching" and using the recission time to be as prepared as possible. We believe we will like and use the membership and the upfront cost will have a reasonable payback. They have embarassing and somewhat insulting sales and marketing methods, as do the timeshare people. Started the spiel at $6995 and quickly came down to $1995 for the exact same benefits. Go figger--the saleslady could have been home with her family instead of getting a headache from us saying NO to the exhorbitant price! So--keep saying NO until THEY do!

Snaveth

Palmdale, ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/03 10:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which State did you purchase your membership in. I was just offered a membership starting at $8999

bounder98

S. Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/03 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi. We had belonged to T.T. for 4 yrs., after not being able to use it for 3 months in Fl.,after paying $1,400 for the membership,we gave it away. There is no way we were going to pay $598.05 a year for parks that we could not use. By what we just heard, a"holding company" purchased T.T. a couple of months ago,what thier plans are for the parks, I have no idea,but we are glad we are out of that mess. Lou

ehouk

Roamin', WY

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/03 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I talked to folks who have 1000 Trails and like it. But...look at buying used membership. They are often cheaper. Can also dicker with 1000 Trails. Tell them you can buy used for X$$$$s. See what they say.

-Ed
2006 Newmar Mountain Aire 4034

My web pages
More photos

QULIB

Cincinnati, OH

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/03 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Run!Run! Don't look back!

I joined years ago. I can't remember all the lies we were told by Spanky at Orlando but among them were that TTNC were not in finacial trouble. They were actually in Chapter 11 bankrupcy at the time. They said they were growing and adding more parks all the time. They were actually cutting back on preserves at that time and continued to cut back about 20 or 30 parks over the next two years. In spite of my better judgement I purchased a used membership for $1700. New memberships were selling for about $8700, and I thought I was being wise, but I quickly became disillusioned.

Parks that I wanted to use were being closed. Reservations at the popular parks were hard to come by because the old hands knew how to beat the system. No smoking restrictions were not always enforced particularly at Wilmington OH which was the preserve closest to my home. I found that there was high discrepency in the dues rates of older members and newer ones. There was high pressure tactics to join some alliance program that would increase our dues and save the company from going under.

I finally got fed up and stopped paying my dues. Then the fun and phone calls began. They did not stop until I hired a lawyer, we secured the papers from the State Attorney of either the state of Washington or Oregon where TTNC was declared illegal and shut down. They had to move their headquarters to Dallas. We convinced them that if they pursued in their action against us and with the telephone calls, we would file the same suit in Ohio.

The phone calls stopped and we never heard from them again. You can now buy a used membership for almost nothing but still watch out!

Bill & Betsy

2004 32' Winnebago Brave 2003 Honda Element

You are invited to visit our personal website on our travels. It is a work in progress and includes Alaska and Mexico at the present time. www.QULIB.com

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> THOUSAND TRAILS MEMBERSHIP
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.