|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pioneer Beach RV Resort Port Aransas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
steelshooter

texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/09 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are planning a trip next May to Pioneer Beach and was wondering if anyone has stayed there and what you thought. Also, how close to stores for groceries or restaurants?[emoticon]

traindriver

illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/09 09:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have stayed there for the last four years in the winter. I like Pioneer very much. A little pricey compared to other places, but you get what you pay for. Port A has a IGA right in town, I would guess it is about 3 miles into town. Many restuarants in Port A, also not to far to Corpus. I'll be ther next winter, my wife won't let me go snywhere else.

Tripalot

Golden Horseshoe, Ont. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/09 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a look at this c.g. a couple of years ago. It looked very nice. It should be noted that the trolley stops there so you could hop on and ride to town or wherever if you did not want to drive. We were there in January so I assume the trolley runs all winter.

2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

houstonstan

Houston, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/09 03:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pioneer is our choice in Port Aransas and we have stayed there several times. Sites are a little tight but very nice. Office personnel are great and very helpful. Reservations are probably a must since it's very popular. Three miles to town to good eating and well stocked grocery store. Drive or take the trolley. Pelican's Wharf has good food. We like the crab stuffed shrimp.
Surf fishing can be good and the beach is fine.
Some very pretty sunsets too.
[image]

Stan and Carmen "> ">
2002 GMC 2500HD Sierra 8.1L, 4x4 ext cab.
2006 Aspen T29RL

great dane

borrego springs ca.usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/09 05:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don`t mean to hijack the tread, but do any of you have problems with the BIG black mosquitos at Pioneer, two years ago they ate me up, I would like to go back but I cannot handle the buggers.
GD

steelshooter

texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/09 05:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

houstonstan, when I called to inquire about the park the office staff were very friendly, unlike another park in the area. I wasnt aware you could not make reservations very far in advance. When we went to Colorado I mader reservations 14 months in advance. The unfriendly park told me no more than 2 months in advance. I dont like to make plans on such short notice especially when it will be my primary trip for the year. Pioneer wouldnt let me make reservations now for May of 2010 but I can call in Oct. The other park said no earlier than April 1 for May 7. Doesnt make much sense to me. A work camper told me that in Florida they start 12 months out. So I dont mind paying a little more if we can get what we wand and have friendly host.

steelshooter

texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/09 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnanann, thanks for the post. We really enjoyed the pics. Hope we can make reservations and get something close to the beach.

johnanann

South Lake Tahoe, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/09 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Pioneer last December through January and loved it. The park is very nice. There are lots of activities and everything is clean and well taken care of. The beach is fabulous. There is a small WalMart in Aransas Pass that we shopped at for groceries since IGA was expensive. There is lots of major shopping in Corpus Christi too. We can't wait to go back. Would highly recommend it. If you would like to read our travel journal and see pictures of our stay, go to: http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/johnanann08

mudhen

dallas tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/09 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stayed there a week in April, very nice. All paved, great WiFi and cable. Beautiful beach you can drive on. We got a premium site which is a little closer to the beach, would get a standard next time and save a few $$.

steelshooter

texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/09 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mudhen, we dont mind a few extra $ if we can get the site we want. What site were you in?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pioneer Beach RV Resort Port Aransas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.