|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quick Trip to Horse Thief Reservoir

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JacintoKid

San Antonio, Texas (formerly sheepdog)

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/09 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice. You seem to have come up with an excellent solution for displaying your registration stickers on the inflatable

2014 Toyota tacoma 4WD
2014 FourWheel Camper Fleet model
OME full suspension swap

middlecalf

Sweet, ID

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/09 07:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DJ-
Glad to see you're being law-abidding with the boat registration - but you don't need them unless you have your motor on, and the registration sticker is suppose to be on the port side[emoticon]

Seriously, you mention a pressue guage - what is it and what type of valves does your inflatible have? Horse Thief is on my list of fishing places, but haven't made it there yet. Paul

cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/09 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

What kind of bike do you have ... I'm thinking of that set-up also ..

Don't tell that the Whazoo is getting too old / tired / lazy to hike??
(or would a bike just be a way out of a REALLY bad road?)

Cal

Camp, Forrest, Camp!

Boise, ID

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/09 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

middlecalf wrote:

DJ-
Glad to see you're being law-abidding with the boat registration - but you don't need them unless you have your motor on, and the registration sticker is suppose to be on the port side[emoticon]

Seriously, you mention a pressue guage - what is it and what type of valves does your inflatible have? Horse Thief is on my list of fishing places, but haven't made it there yet. Paul

Since we're being picky, there's no invasive species permit on that either. I'm turning you in!

DJ - I haven't been to Horsethief since college (back when Warm lake was still hot), but I pass it about once a year on the way to Deadwood.

-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/09 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

middlecalf wrote:

~DJ~ wrote:

middlecalf wrote:

DJ-

I can't tell if you are kidding or not but the boat #'s have to go on each side. I know I don't need them without the motor. Since I left the boat down at the lake each night I thought someone may think twice about stealing a registered boat with some kind of serial number!!! It seemed to work!!! [emoticon]

The gauge is similar to this. Except I got mine at the local Army Navy for 12 bucks. I don't recall the name of the valves but they work great. Two locking rings. loosen the outer to fill and no air escapes the boat until you loosen the 2nd ring.

Almost serious, as I meant the registration decal (the one with the "09" on it, that goes on the port side (along with the invasive species fund sticker), and the registration numbers on both sides.

DOH[emoticon] - I just set up my boat, and the "09" sticker is on both sides. I have no idea what I was thinking. So ignore everything I've ever said, I can't be trusted. I'm thinking of maybe politics, eh?[emoticon]

But I do have Boston valves on my inflatible (no, really, the truth this time), so I'll have to keep looking for a guage that works with them.

Good luck on Deadwood, I was there the week after Father's Day, Kokanee everywhere to about 13 inches, cutthroat near/in the river mouth (truth again, maybe).

I thought I was the only one with those brain f@rts!!! LOL

Yeah, Boston Valves. That is the name!!!! [emoticon]

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/09 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

middlecalf wrote:

DJ-

I can't tell if you are kidding or not but the boat #'s have to go on each side. I know I don't need them without the motor. Since I left the boat down at the lake each night I thought someone may think twice about stealing a registered boat with some kind of serial number!!! It seemed to work!!! [emoticon]

The gauge is similar to this. Except I got mine at the local Army Navy for 12 bucks. I don't recall the name of the valves but they work great. Two locking rings. loosen the outer to fill and no air escapes the boat until you loosen the 2nd ring.

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/09 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camp, Forrest, Camp! wrote:

middlecalf wrote:

DJ-

Since we're being picky, there's no invasive species permit on that either. I'm turning you in!

DJ - I haven't been to Horsethief since college (back when Warm lake was still hot), but I pass it about once a year on the way to Deadwood.

I'm headed to Deadwood on Monday. But I am taking this boat!!
[image]

middlecalf

Sweet, ID

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/09 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

~DJ~ wrote:

middlecalf wrote:

DJ-

Almost serious, as I meant the registration decal (the one with the "09" on it, that goes on the port side (along with the invasive species fund sticker), and the registration numbers on both sides.

DOH[emoticon] - I just set up my boat, and the "09" sticker is on both sides. I have no idea what I was thinking. So ignore everything I've ever said, I can't be trusted. I'm thinking of maybe politics, eh?[emoticon]

But I do have Boston valves on my inflatible (no, really, the truth this time), so I'll have to keep looking for a guage that works with them.

Good luck on Deadwood, I was there the week after Father's Day, Kokanee everywhere to about 13 inches, cutthroat near/in the river mouth (truth again, maybe).

* This post was edited 07/16/09 09:38pm by middlecalf *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Quick Trip to Horse Thief Reservoir
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.