|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pacific NW great camp areas for kids

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mom2girls

Snohomish, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/09 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, especially from you locals. You gave me exactly what I was looking for. We only have a couple weekends left that we can try out our new trailer so I wanted to be sure we found something close and super fun for the kids. Thanks everyone!

tiptoe tommy

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/09 02:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some great suggestions here and I won't repeat them because many of them are favorites of mine as well. Here are a few others:

Bayview SP--near La Conner. Great huge field to play in, beach, nearby nature museum and a paved bike trail along the dike. Close to lots of fun things.

Fort Flagler SP--a beautiful, remote park 40 miles out of Port Townsend. Great forts, bike trails, tidepools and woods.

Dungeness Spit and Salt Creek Clallam County Parks--two great places. The spit is near Sequim and is a great rainy weekend option. Beautiful sites with a playground and privacy. The spit is within walking distance and is a great beach and nature preserve. Salt Creek is even better with tidepools, beaches, mountain trails, forts, and trails.

Kalaloch--outstanding wild Olympic beach campground.

Cannon Beach RV--great park with a sweet pool for the kids and a great hot tub for Mom. Easy drive if you cut over on Hwy 30 from Longview. Game room, playground, hoops, and just a really nice place for kids.

All of the Mount Rainier NP campgrounds are beautiful, packed with families, and have excellent ranger programs.

Lake Wenatchee, Wenatchee Confluence, Lincoln Rock, and Steamboat Rock are all excellent state parks on the east side of the mountains.

There are many, many more places our family has loved, but these are a few more for you.

Family that loves to camp as often as we can! Two kids, 16 and 13

1999 Coleman SeaPine PUP
GO COUGS!

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/09 12:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lake Kachess. It's a National Forest Campground at Snoqualmie pass just over the top. More primitive than State Parks but that has benefits....like big sites. You will be dry camping. Lots of forest and a lake. Lots of nature to see. Really big trees. It reminds me of campgrounds I went to as a kid. They shut down in mid September for the winter. Some sites reservable and some are first come.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pacific NW great camp areas for kids
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.