|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> 55 + campground in New Mexico

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
dad-0

upstate new york

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/09 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for a nice campground to winter in New Mexico any suggestions? Would prefer center of state or north east. Were from upstate New York and travel from here to there just to look for campgrounds are out of the question. Internet sites are some times decieving as you do not get the full picture. Thanks for any help.

leaddog

All over the USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/09 08:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you realize how cold it gets in the central & northeastern part of New Mexico during the winter? If you are looking for a warm spot, then you will have to go to southern Arizona or the RGV in Texas.

2008 40ft Tiffin Allegro Bus
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

akrv

Green Valley , AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/09 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So what time of year are you planning on being there.

2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT

DesertHawk

Las Cruces, New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/09 11:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see a 55+ campground off I-10 just west of Deming, NM in the southern part of NM. 81 Palms

Reviews of RV Resorts in Deming.

Hidden Valley Ranch and Low Hi Ranch RV Park

Here are some in Las Cruces. But I do not believe we have any 55+ Parks, but I put them in for you to see.

Hacienda RV Resort

Sunny Acres RV Park

Less than a mile away from my daughter's house in Tucson is a 55+ RV Resort which is gated & looks nice from the road. There are two Rincon Country RV Resorts West or East. She lives near the East one.

Another 55+ RV Resort in Tucson: Western Way

Desert Trails is out on the western edge of Tucson, not seen it, just read about it a few weeks ago. Review at Cyberspaces

"This park is hard to rate. If you want peace and quiet, especially in the summer, this is the perfect place. You are away from Tucson and miss typical airplane, train, or highway traffic noise. And we had a great space next to some desert brush. The owner is a terrific guy and gives you a great orientation about places to go and things to see. His orientation was very helpful to us. But, the park does need some serious work; especially the water slides that need to be removed (since they are non-functional now). Nevertheless, I would stay here again, versus another park that is just next door, but very bare. Our rate reflects the CCUSA discount. We camped here in a Motorhome." AND "We chose this park based on the rave reviews by others, but were somewhat disappointed. It appears that it is the friendly owners and guests as well as the activities that make this such a popular place to spend the Winter. The park would benefit greatly by some demolition of the old water park buildings, more modern facilities and cable TV. Many of the sites are just unappealing bare gravel, but since most of the snowbirds had left, we were able to park in a very pleasant spot with lovely desert vegetation all around. Wi-fi reception was spotty and TV reception poor. We would probably try to find a park closer to the city if traveling through here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel." RV Park Reviews

Green Valley is near Tucson a retirement community in fact. Reviews

Small town of Wilcox maybe an hour or so from Tucson. Reviews & Others

Closer to Tucson in Benson there is a 55+ RV Resort, NO make that TWO. - Others & Reviews

Other nearby Cities from Benson With RV Parks
Saint David, 4.78 miles SE
Huachuca City, 19.73 miles S
Tombstone, 22.34 miles SE
Sierra Vista, 28.53 miles S
Fort Huachuca, 28.73 miles SW

North of Tucson towards PhoenixCasa Grande 55+
Neat area north of Tucson Picacho Peak
55+ RV Resort

It would be warmer in Tucson than in New Mexico, but more than likely, less expensive in Southern NM; which is far from as cold as NY or Ohio or Dallas. We seldom see any snow, and any we get is gone in a day or two if not sooner in Southern NM. Never had an ice storm in the 38 years I have been in Las Cruces. I was able to ride my motorcycle all last winter without any special winter gear.
Tucson ETC

Las Cruces is located in southern New Mexico. We are on the edge of the Chihuahuan Desert, at the foot of the Organ Mountains and along the banks of the Rio Grande. Las Cruces is 225 miles south of Albuquerque, NM, 275 miles east of Tucson, AZ and 42 miles north of El Paso, TX.

Las Cruces enjoys 350 days of sunshine a year. Temperatures in the summer months routinely reach the high 90s, with nighttime lows in the 60s. The fall air is a bit cooler with daytime highs of mid 70s to low 80s. During the winter, when northern states are digging themselves out from under the snow, Las Cruces basks in daytime temperatures ranging from the upper 50s to lower 60s. As spring arrives in March and April, temperatures climb steadily from the low to high 80s. Las Cruces receives an average of 8.5 inches of rain per year and no more than two inches of snow in the winter.

Deming is about 60 miles west of Las Cruces and enjoys about the same weather.

Las Cruces Photo Tour.

About 80 miles north of Las Cruces is Elephant Butte with some RV Parks. Simular to Las Cruces but slightly cooler temps. Reviews

Alamogordo is about 75 miles from Las Cruces with simular temps.

There are lots of the 55+ parks in the Phoenix area, but they are in the Phoenix area. Ha! Las Cruces Attractions
More Stuff on LC

* This post was last edited 10/25/10 05:14pm by DesertHawk *   View edit history

">DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

PenMan

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/09 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you go to Northeast NM make sure you have plenty of supplies as you could get snowed in for a week or more at a time. In central NM (like Albuquerque where I live) it will get pretty cold but you are not likely to get snowed in. It may get down in the teens at night but usually back up above freezing during the day. I ride my motorcycle pretty much all year with a good leather jacket and gloves. If you're looking for warmer weather you may want to stay in Southern NM or Arizona instead. I mostly boondock and don't know anything about 55+ campgrounds in the area.

Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Bearnkat

Fort Worth, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/09 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just stayed in a 55+ RV Park in Santa Fe, NM.

Trailer Ranch RV Resort

It's a real nice park, we'll definitely stay there again.

Chuck & Terry
2005 Pilgrim 281RB-S
2006 Ford F250 Lariat CC 4x2 PSD
My Lap-Band Journey!
Chuck and Terry's Pilgrim Adventures
C & T's Photos
Lone Star Dutch Oven Society

kelvin sky

Sterling Ma / Naples Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/09 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check it out ...
Not 55+ ?
But top 10 and worth a look see.....[emoticon]
[image]

TOP 10

h2guy

Ain't seen a sign yet!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/09 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'd do well to use your internet connection and check on temps in that part of NM. You're gonna think you're in NY again during winter.

Rick & Carolyn
01 Ford SC 4x4 DRW
01 CarriLite 5ver

routeforty

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/09 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My brother-in-law lives about 30mi. from Albuquerque and he jokes about coming to Ohio in the winter to have a warmer environment.

2018 coachmen leprechaun class c

WTTCS

freedom , U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/09 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you go down on I-10 there are MANY rv parks from El Paso to Lordsburg and some around there. Do not worry, they will not be full. Anything north of I-10, I would be doing a disservice to tell you about in the winter, UNLESS you are the abdominal snowman.

But if you want the best rv park in NM , IMO, then go to Circle B rv park in Ruidoso NM. Take the chains and an extra few bottles of propane, cause you WILL need them.

1997 chev crew cab 454, 5 sp. 4.10

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> 55 + campground in New Mexico
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS