RV.Net Open Roads Forum: North Carolina: OBX storm hunt Pt I & Pt II & Pt III & Pt IV

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> North Carolina: OBX storm hunt Pt I & Pt II & Pt III & Pt IV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/09 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didnt' see this message group yesterday and know you are way past us in Maine by now. You are welcome to camp at our place anytime.

Do pop ups float in high water? (Just kidding!)

Joe

2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

trails2004

Outside

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/09 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seldomseensmith wrote:

capterik wrote:

your an xxxxx-nuff said! You are also not going to get any action.

Very thoughtful of you.

Those that make a living on the water- have a different point of view. And rightfully so-

* This post was edited 09/06/09 09:54am by an administrator/moderator *

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/09 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Whazoo:

Just pulled in at Saugerties (Woodstock, NY)...and wouldn't you know it, we missed the concert [emoticon]

Seldom:

Thanks for the Irish wisdom! Actually, I thinks we'll print and frame those sayings [emoticon]

Florida guy:

....we hear you. We're not as dumb as may believe, or as this post may have indirectly implied [emoticon] We know when/where to get in, get out or get going. Between the 2 of us, we've got numerous hurricanes (I mean direct experience) under our belts (I've been through a Cat 5, the largest hurricane ever to hit this Century; and rode out a Cat 2 in my beach house in Honduras, water up to my neck). I think the most intriguing experience was blasting across the Caribbean in my 300HP twin inboard, dodging between 11 massive waterspouts on 12 foot rollers, just 15 miles off Nicaragua's Caribbean coast [emoticon] Now that was insayne [emoticon]

Joe:

We would love to stop by!! However, we'll be seeing you at the PA Rally on our way back from OBX...hopefully with some great stories.

Trails:

What are those meds you are referring to [emoticon]

We'll post our day's doings as we had visited several interesting places through Vermont & New York states, with photos on our arrivat at Norfolk, VA manana [emoticon]

Cheers,
Sand & Dunes

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

seldomseensmith

Flagstaff, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/09 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trails2004 wrote:

seldomseensmith wrote:

capterik wrote:

Very thoughtful of you.

Those that make a living on the water- have a different point of view. And rightfully so-

[emoticon]

Perhaps so, but courtesy should never be a casualty of one's chosen profession or the expression of their opinion. Just my different point of view.

* This post was edited 09/06/09 09:56am by an administrator/moderator *

trails2004

Outside

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/09 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seldomseensmith wrote:

trails2004 wrote:

seldomseensmith wrote:

capterik wrote:

Very thoughtful of you.

[emoticon]

Perhaps so, but courtesy should never be a casualty of one's chosen profession or the expression of their opinion. Just my different point of view.

Well said-

* This post was edited 09/06/09 09:56am by an administrator/moderator *

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/09 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Silver, you didn't miss the concert by much LOL. In fact I hear it's still going on, in some people's minds. And I did get the gist of your original post, seems someone else missed it judging by the cryptic and snarky reply. Here's to hoping you get some great pictures and have a great time, like you usually do.
capterik wrote:

You are also not going to get any action.
...??? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? (got that from Murgatroid, I like it haha) I thought most of us got some action, every now and then.[emoticon]

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/09 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Action:

We're in it....right up to the running boards of the truck!! Campsite flooded out...had to get out to higher ground. Intermittent internet. Can't log on long enough to post photos...yet.

Huge rains here and wicked winds. Over 9 inches since Sunday night in norther Outer Banks; brutal. Virginia/North Carolina border south of Norfolk flooded in many places, over 4~6 inches still expected. Trying to get through (many hydroplane accidents). Passport, wallets, everything totally saturated, papers soggy or destroyed. Will check in again from Central OBX when we can...

Sand & Dunes

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/09 06:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

...looks like slight reprieve in storm shortly...will open the pop-up and dry it a bit before continuing. 1st time we have some beads of water coming in through 2 seams in soft-wall (even though all seams are sealed with clear rubber compound)! 1st tropical storm the camper has seen... had to close down pop-up in a hurry...

Silver-

TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/09 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sand & Dunes - Since you are a real weather chaser, even with the papers wet, bet you are loving it. At least it isn't snow. Supposed to be in the low 80s with only 30% chance of rain tomorrow and sunny by Thursday. Hope the truck is okay.

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/09 07:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I guess you did get some action after all. Hope your camera is waterproof and everything dries out!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> North Carolina: OBX storm hunt Pt I & Pt II & Pt III & Pt IV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.