RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Summer in the North West.(Lots of Pictures)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Summer in the North West.(Lots of Pictures)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/09 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll second what Weymard said, beautiful places and great pictures. I hope to see some of that for myself soon, well at least some of the Olympic Peninsula area. Thanks for posting!

Lots of Stuff wrote:

A nice camp and swim area on the coast of Washington. Facing the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

So at the camp & swim area you had a "Strait" face?[emoticon]

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/09 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Isn't the NW great! Been to many of those places you posted and more to do aswell! Thx for reminding me of all the sights and sharing them. Capt PJ

2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

Bear461

Winter Haven, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/09 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife and I visited Mt. St. Helens in 2006 as well as the Puget Sound area. It was a first for both of us. I absolutely loved the area and can't wait to return. I would leave Florida in a minute and move to the northwest in a heartbeat if I could convince my wife. Unfortunately, she like sun and sand at the beach - I find the mountains much more inviting and relaxing.

Less Stuff

WA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/09 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wolf_rver wrote:

Great Pics.

Were all those shots from road accesible locations, or was some hiking done to get to the great vantage point?

I noticed the sandals your son was wearing so I'm assuming you can drive right up to those beautiful views, or your son is one heck of a hiker!!!

Thanks again for the great pics.

Eric

The walks to the picture points are very short.
I guess you can call it accessible. But the 60+ mile loop we drove took the best part of two days. Dirt and very rough. Lots of SUV's do it faster. With the camper on and in no hurry we took longer and spent the night.
Worth every minute!
The dirt will wash off the experience won't!

Big sign at the top warned that the second half was NOT recommended for RV's. I sure agree with that but Truck Campers on 4X4 trucks are not regular RV's. We had no problems as we took it very slow.

DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2015 RAM 1500 V6 8 speed
Regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive.
Leer 180 Topper

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/09 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice! We've traveled to the NW several times but this was before we bought our TC. Your photos make me want to load up and head out tomorrow. The one of the steel bridge on the road up to Windy Ridge at Mount St Helen was particularly interesting. Is this on the last half of the road that you said was not recommended for RVs? Is it wide enough for a dually? I love being up high and it would be cool to drive over that bridge [emoticon]

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

sdavis622

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/09 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful pics! We live in some of the most beautiful country, the Pacific Northwest! From mountains, to desert, to ocean, to sand dunes, lakes, rivers, rain forest, etc. We have it all!

-2007 Ram 2500 Laramie CTD
-2006 Arctic Fox 25S
Trailer Mods! Trailer! Truck!

Dewclaw

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/09 12:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GoinThisAway wrote:

Very nice! We've traveled to the NW several times but this was before we bought our TC. Your photos make me want to load up and head out tomorrow. The one of the steel bridge on the road up to Windy Ridge at Mount St Helen was particularly interesting. Is this on the last half of the road that you said was not recommended for RVs? Is it wide enough for a dually? I love being up high and it would be cool to drive over that bridge [emoticon]

At the risk of butting in, I think he is talking about the Steens Mountain loop road. The road after the top is a little rough in places as I remember it. There are a few chances to enjoy being "up high" with a cliff on one side and a gorge on the other. [emoticon]

2008 Northern Lite 9-6 Q Classic SE
2007 GMC 2500HD

Less Stuff

WA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/09 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dewclaw wrote:

GoinThisAway wrote:

At the risk of butting in, I think he is talking about the Steens Mountain loop road. The road after the top is a little rough in places as I remember it. There are a few chances to enjoy being "up high" with a cliff on one side and a gorge on the other. [emoticon]

Dewclaw is right the dirt road is the Steens Mountain loop road.

The road with the washout(steel bridge) is paved all the way. Though it's also rough in spots. But most any RV can make it. My Rand McNally road atlas shows it runs from Randle. WA. to Sprit Lake in the Mt St Hellens Nat'l Volcanic Monument.

Come on up you will have fun!!!

accrete

WET! Coast Of Oregon USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/09 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto on the pics being nice! good job of cataloging the adventure.

FWIW, anyone venturing on I-5 north of Vancouver WA should take the short drive east of I-5 to Ape Caves. They are the lava tubes created by the Mt St Helens Volcano. My family and i visited them one day when it was 104 outside, and a refreshing 46 in caves.

[image]

Happy Trails,
Thom

2007 TACOma V6 TRD 4x4 driven by my DW
and navigated by this gadget geek. . .
pulling a 2008 Aliner EASE
Off road and unplugged,
Gold Panning in various rivers of the Pacific Northwest
accrete.com

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Summer in the North West.(Lots of Pictures)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.