RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Bryce, Zion, and other Utah park campgrounds now?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Bryce, Zion, and other Utah park campgrounds now?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
mike-uswest

Central Point, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/09 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am headed out Monday for a few weeks in the Utah parks, and would like to know how crowded are the campgrounds in the parks at this time of year? We have no set schedule, and have no reservations. We don't need hookups, just a place to park the rig, and I understand that most of the campgrounds in the parks are that way. Thanks.

Mike

2003 Dodge 2500 CTD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y

wbp

Soddy Daisy, TN, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/09 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have done Captol Reef, Bryce and Zion in the past several days. Every one of their campgrounds has had a Full sign out each evening and several early. We have been able to get in to commercial campgrounds by calling ahead, but most of them have been full too by dark. We have been surprised by the large number of people from Europe in rental motorhomes. The cheap dollar seems to be making travel in the US a bargain that they can't resist.

wbp

mike-uswest

Central Point, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/09 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That isn't exactly what I wanted to hear, but thanks. Sounds like you have to be in the right place at the right time.

Mike

Dennis37

Full Timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/09 09:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been in UT for the last three weeks and as WBP says we have not seen any park campgrounds that did not say FULL.

m.j.mckay

Ogden, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/09 09:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This coming Thursday and Friday (Oct 1st and 2nd)here in Utah is UEA. All of the public schools are out and they'll all be out and about for the last camping trip of the season. Good luck to you. Perhaps pull into Utah Sunday afternoon and enjoy yourself then.

Aloha Utah

Southwest Corner of Utah

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/09 09:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remember that cooler weather makes Southern Utah much more appealing. September and even early October are "prime" time for visiting this area.

Me, a curmudgeon of sorts
One Dear Wife - I mention "one" since this is Utah ">
Max the Maltese
2005 Nissan Titan, Offroad Crewcab 4x4
FunFinder X-210
Lots of goodies

gadabouts

Anderson

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/09 10:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been out a month and have gone to those places in addition to South Dakota, Yellowstone, and a few other national parks. We went with *no* reservations and have not been turned away or had to park in Walmarts -- not that there are many of them in Utah!

BUT -- it's unusually crowded and the private cgs are almost full. The national forest and park cgs are almost always full though, if that's what you want. But "almost full" means there are spots available. Go for it![emoticon]

jbbrick

Near San Francisco

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/09 10:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Usually you can always get a spot if you're in the park by 2pm or so. I'm surprised things are that full, I'd bet it'll slow down within a week or so. Check out Goblin Valley state park if you get that way. Lots of fun and one of the most unusual you'll see.

'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/09 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting statements -- Just been 'touring Utah' for the past two weeks, only one time did I find a full CG and that was late in the day. But, I did spend several nights in the BLM land, by choice not because I couldn't find a site. One recommendation, go to the NP CGs early in the day and get a site, THEN, do your local touring and sightseeing ... the people in the site often are one-nighters, and gone in the AM, so if you arrive early and check in, should be all set.

If you do run into a 'no-site' night, BLM land or NF land is always an option, can set up at no cost, and some of the best spots are right there on the BLM portions of the areas. Course, you're boondocking -- but what is camping all about, anyway?

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

mike-uswest

Central Point, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/09 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boondocking is what I like best. How do you know when you are on BLM land, is there a map that you can get of the state with NFS and BLM lands marked? We often go where there are no fences, find a nice area off the highway, and stop.

Mike

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Bryce, Zion, and other Utah park campgrounds now?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.