Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Wiring diagrams needed

Posted By: fletchen on 10/07/09 08:27pm

Need to find a website where I can download wiring diagram for the 110 volt circuit in a Fleetwood Wilderness. 5th wheel camper. I have down loaded the 12 volt circuit but can not remember what site it was on. Tried Fleetwood.com-nothing there. Any help will be appreciated.
Fletch

Posted By: pulsar on 10/07/09 08:39pm

Moved from Forum Technical Support to Tech Issues.

Posted By: hankpage on 10/07/09 08:53pm

I have never seen a wiring diagram for any RV. It seems the wires go where ever the manufacturer feels like putting them that day. Individual systems may have schematics but that's about it. Good luck!

Hank & Lynn
07 Cougar 290RKS 5er E-Z Flex + 16" XPS RIBS
04.5 Dodge 2500 HO 5.9,QC,2wd,LWB,Prodigy, Ride-Rite ">
REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
'07 Cougar Mods

Posted By: suchristo01 on 10/07/09 10:22pm

The old Fleetwood would send you one free on request. Not sure what the new Fleetwood will do but I did read on another post someone got one from them recently.

Tommy USMC,Susie USN Ret, Dog Buddy
2000 Fleetwood Flair 25F WH P32 7.4L 19.5"
2002 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L 5 Spd Man
Blue Ox Base,Aventa II,4 PIN Locks
US Gear UTB, Power Gear Man Lev, Onan 4KW
Tent,GP Tent,Tent Trailer,2 Class A's
Are We There Yet? ">

Posted By: djevans on 10/08/09 06:31am

I don't know for sure, but they (the old Fleetwood) sent ours along with the plumbing diagrams - ask for both and see what they say - If you don't mind, let us know what they (the new Fleetwood) say - they also sent the dash "breakdown" diagrams when I was working on the stereo (sub woofer removal) Those were VERY helpful!

Don . . . near 36.171N 086.784W, TN near here
WA4ZFN
2003 Fleetwood Revolution 40C - HONDA Element
350hp Cummins ISC
2006 GL1800 HONDA GoldWing
- - - P i c t u r e s - - -

"HOPE" is not a strategy . . .

Posted By: coug on 10/08/09 07:28am

I called Fleetwood a few years ago for wiring diagrams and they sent me everything I asked for plus a few that I did not even mention. No problem at all.

----------
2010 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Chevy 2500HD LTZ

Posted By: Hurricaner on 10/08/09 07:28am

djevans wrote:

I don't know for sure, but they (the old Fleetwood) sent ours along with the plumbing diagrams - ask for both and see what they say - If you don't mind, let us know what they (the new Fleetwood) say - they also sent the dash "breakdown" diagrams when I was working on the stereo (sub woofer removal) Those were VERY helpful!
Don, how helpful would those AC diagrams be? My guess is they are pretty generic from what I have seen but maybe fleetwood does a better job. I could certainly see where a dash diagram would be valuable.

Sam

Sam & Kari
Hurricane, Utah

2019 Winnebago Sightseer 33C

Posted By: mchero on 10/08/09 08:41am

You have never seen them because you apparently have never asked. You can get diagrams from Fleetwood, Call & ask.

hankpage wrote:

I have never seen a wiring diagram for any RV. It seems the wires go where ever the manufacturer feels like putting them that day. Individual systems may have schematics but that's about it. Good luck!

Posted By: janstey58 on 10/08/09 11:04am

Email them and they will send them back quickly (in my case about an hour)

Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Posted By: Triker33 on 10/08/09 02:38pm

Ask & Get them Here from Fleetwood

Posted By: jdewald on 10/08/09 03:45pm

I got the diagram for my 1990 Southwind from Fleetwood about 2 weeks ago. Call the Customer Service number -- the very nice rep faxed the diagram to me in under an hour. No charge, either.

Jeannine DeWald
1990 Fleetwood Southwind
The "Sow's Ear"

Posted By: circusbear on 10/08/09 04:33pm

What model of wilderness fiver do you have. I have the plumbing and all electrical schematics for a 295 bhds. Let me know if this is the trailer you have and I'll send them to yah.....

2012 Chevrolet Silverada 2500 HD DA CC 4X4
2010 3250TS Big Country

Posted By: stevesandidge on 10/08/09 05:00pm

just solved a problem on a tiffin coach that i never could have found ifn i hadn't been sent that paticular mh's ac wiring schemo. i had to make my own for my rambler using a circuit detector to do it.
steve

steve sandidge
RVIA certified rv tech
camping world rv university
class 54
fix-it rv service
USMC 1982-1994
91 holiday rambler imperial 37'

Posted By: djevans on 10/08/09 07:36pm

Hurricaner wrote:

djevans wrote:

Don, how helpful would those AC diagrams be? My guess is they are pretty generic from what I have seen but maybe fleetwood does a better job. I could certainly see where a dash diagram would be valuable.

Sam

Sam . . .

They were reasonably good. They are coach specific. The only problem was that they were incredibly "dense" .pdfs. I had them enlarged to architectural "D" sheets before you could truly trace anything - the plumbing sheets were excellent. ('course, there wasn't much to them either)

Now the chassis electrical sheets are very good - I got them though, from "accessfreightliner.com" (free, but takes a good bit of effort to get set up on their site, must go thru a sponsor dealership willing to fill out the paperwork on your behalf) Freightliner grants you access only after the dealer does their thing and you still have to call Freightliner tech support to get one's login credentials)

The diagrams I didn't have (didn't come with the coach) for coach appliances and systems, either came from Chris Bryant or the manufacturer sites - I'm pretty much set

Yes, the dash dis-assembly diagrams were extremely helpful. I did not get it apart until they sent them - they will absolutely not send "as built's" for the whole coach at any price - they will (or used to) however, send you nearly anything you need - for instance, my AC compressor failed taking a hidden fuse in the dash out - they sent extremely detailed location sheets for every fuse that dealt with the compressor - since it was in a shop at the time, they also faxed them to the dealer within an hour of asking for them - they found the fuse in 5 or 10 minutes and had it going almost immediately (they even included pictures of the panel(s) to remove)

I can only hope for even "nearly similar" help from AIP - The girl I usually write to is still there - It may take her as long as 2 days to reply depending on what I ask, but I must have asked her a dozen mostly minor questions about the coach - she researches every question and get back to me. I know some of them she had to have walked out in the build area and asked someone.

The engine electrical is available from CUMMINS QUICKSERVE site - anyone can get those for (I think) $50.00 a year - I downloaded from the site for weeks! [emoticon]

Print  |  Close