|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Campground advice near San Diego

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
WTTCS

freedom , U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/09 09:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have a 40 footer, you can forget state parks in calif near san diego. And I suspect you asked about state parks due to the great one in your state. RV parks that are big rig friendly in Calif are very expensive and you need to get reservations in advance.
Sante lakes is a nice place , but do not attempt to drive it during the rush hours. You will not like it. I hope you have a toad.

1997 chev crew cab 454, 5 sp. 4.10

SoCalDesertRider

Arizona desert

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/09 03:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.ParadiseByTheSeaRVResort.com

They're not a state park and not near Sea World or the Zoo, but are a very nice place to stay near the beach in north San Diego County in Oceanside. Not many places to camp with a big motorhome near the beach for long in north county.

01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

sp8gold

Colorado Springs, CO

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/09 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a wonderful stay at the SD Koa a few years ago.

dolphindog

San Diego

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/09 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My first choice would be Chula Vista RV Resort and Marina and second would be Santee lakes. We have a 37 ft. and always get the pull throughs at either park. Chula Vista probably a little closer.

The only park the others listed that I would avoid would be Campland on the Bay! But,if your kids are teenagers they will love it.

RRTom

California USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/09 10:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikim wrote:

We prefer the Chula Vista RV Resort in Chula Vista, CA. Not as close to Sea World but really not that far either.

Very nice place to stay, as is Santee Lakes. Chula Vista is close to the trolley. So you could take that to downtown San Diego. But the trolley won't get you close to Sea World or the Zoo.

If you are a baseball fan, try to take advantage of the guided tour of the baseball stadium. Very interesting.

If you have any questions about S.D. please feel free to PM me. We are not far from there and try to get there a couple times a year.

2020 Georgetown GT 31LS

leesan

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/09 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Starting 1-1-10 San Elijo will no longer take motorhomes that exceed 35" in length You can try searching San Diego county parks, some of them have hookups.

dennydecuir

Once removed from the State Hospital, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/09 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Santee Lakes last April. Arrived on Easter Sunday. It looked like a carnival or festival. The park is in the middle of a residential neighborhood, and the line of passenger vehicles out the entrance gate was about a quarter mile. I really thought I was in the wrong place, and was looking for a quick escape. However, the campground is about a half mile from the gate and segregated from the park.

The campsites are clean and spacious, but pretty meager. There are no firepits, but they tables are covered and clean. There was no shade in our site.

I think it took us about twenty minutes to drive to all of the major attractions. There are freeways, literally, everywhere in San Diego.

Santee is hardly a destination in and of itself, but is more than adequate as a starting point for exploring San Diego, and offers a clean, secure place to spend the night.

mwallace61

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/09 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We spent a month at Santee Lakes. Unless something drastic happens to them, we'll be doing that again on our next trip to San Diego. Great park.

Mike & Karen
ForrestGump the Wonder Dog
USA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Campground advice near San Diego
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.