RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Outfitter Trip Report: Northwest Passage Second Curtain

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter Trip Report: Northwest Passage Second Curtain

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/09 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello there guys, thanks again. Glad to know we're all a tag team here and support each other. It was pretty country and pretty much took it's own picture. All a guy has to do is point
a camera. And I know now that I did miss the Hoh Forest & River, another very good reason to go back. Thanks and have a great week...

sf3291 wrote:

Not to highjack the thread, but do you notice the extra weight with the canoe and cargo box when opening the top? I presume yours is a power top. Mine seems to struggle (seems being the key word here) and hasn't left me with confidence to stow anything on top without first removing it before raising the top.

Oh yeah, there were some strength issues. I realized I need to work out a bit! I don't have the power top but if it can be added I might look into it.

sf3291

La Mesa, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/09 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

sf3291 wrote:

Not to highjack the thread, but do you notice the extra weight with the canoe and cargo box when opening the top? I presume yours is a power top. Mine seems to struggle (seems being the key word here) and hasn't left me with confidence to stow anything on top without first removing it before raising the top.

Oh yeah, there were some strength issues. I realized I need to work out a bit! I don't have the power top but if it can be added I might look into it.

Wow that is impressive to be cranking that much weight up by hand.

I had my camper retrofitted from the hand crank to the power top as it seemed unloaded it was getting difficult to crank up. So, yes it can be done. I drove back to Longmont and left the camper with them for 2 days and it was done.

2007.5 Dodge 6.7L 3500 SRW, SWB 4x4
2007 Outfitter Apex 8

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/09 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Outstanding photography and story as always, Whazoo. I love Victoria, great city. My wife did a marathon there a few years back...your photos brought back some fun memories.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/09 09:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice Dave. Glad you got to see what you did, at the speeds with which you had to travel, especially considering you lost two days. Glad you enjoyed Salt Creek. It's a favorite of ours. We're looking forward to the next installment of Whazoo's World.
J

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

weymard

NORMANDY

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/09 04:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks , always a great pleasure to read your posts.

FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

Jumbo Jet

Ozark Mountains, Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/09 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the pictures and commentary.

Just to clarify:

whazoo wrote:

This time we are facing the Strait of Georgia. Now I was born in Georgia, and I for one never knew we had a strait, especially on the other side of the country. It doesn't make sense to me. But then the Arkansas River doesn't start in Arkansas either, so there you have it.

Some rivers are named by their terminus - Missouri and Arkansas to name a couple. Could be that who ever named them was lost! Some are named by a State they pass through - Ohio river. Some are named by a State they pass next to - Mississippi (which has it's head waters at Lake Itasca in Minnesota and terminates in Louisiana)

BTW - folks in Kansas call the Arkansas Ar-Kansas (pronounced OUR KANSAS).

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD 4x4 SRW - 2007 Lance 1055 - Torklift Tiedowns, Stableloads, Derringers, Pigtail - Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar - Rickson 19.5" wheels - Michelin XRV tires - Lance Cabover shocks, 2003 Keystone Laredo 29BH

c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/09 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see that the Whazoo Travel Company is busy scoping out beautiful places for us,as with many of your trip reports you seem to have the ability to assemble awe inspiring photos that that I drool over (where the napkin)and descriptive wordage.

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/09 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much for the pictures and commentary. We just sat, looked, and said WoW! Over and over again.

You are the king,

Chet and Janet... the sleepys

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

petekerwien

Camano Island, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/09 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Camano Island Chamber of Commerce called and they want to send you a check because since you posted your travel log, TC tourists have flocked to the island.

Before you get your hopes up, the Check doesn't speak English, but knows Russian pretty good.

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/09 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

petekerwien wrote:

The Camano Island Chamber of Commerce called and they want to send you a check because since you posted your travel log, TC tourists have flocked to the island.

Before you get your hopes up, the Check doesn't speak English, but knows Russian pretty good.

Now that's funny, and just what I needed tonight. Thank you!!

Everyone here is so generous with support and compliments. I look forward to adding mine for others, we are truly a team! BTW Peter, where do you keep the keys to your awesome Camaro? Is there a straight stretch on the island where she can open up? And can I call it the Kerwien Camano Camaro?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter Trip Report: Northwest Passage Second Curtain
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.