|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Lake Havasu BLM camping

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Foxkorea

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/09 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any advice on free/cheap and quiet spots on Lake Havasu? BLM land?

Thanks.

rv2go

Fulltime 15 yrs (Knoxville, TN).or someplace else

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/09 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not on the lake, but north of town just north of the airport on the right(east)is a large BLM camping area.

Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Gadget Guy

Calgary

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/09 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The area on the north end is called Craggy Wash. Great area for Boondocking, if you want quite just travel back on the trail at least a mile. Good ground to travel on even for large Class A or 5er's. There is another area south of town. I prefer Craggy Wash.

rv2go

Fulltime 15 yrs (Knoxville, TN).or someplace else

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/09 06:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gadget Guy wrote:

The area on the north end is called Craggy Wash.

Thanks Gadget Guy, I could not remember the name.

campNride

Lemoore, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/09 08:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For Craggy Wash I heard you have to drive back in 1 or 5 miles to camp now. Sorry I forgot what I heard it was. Does anyone know for sure??? How is the road going in and the room at the end? I will be passing through there in about a month and thinking of calling that home for a night or two as I visit a buddy there in Havasu. I don't want to get out to the end with a 40' 5th wheel and not have a place to turn around. I saw it when I was out passing through back in April but that was before they put up a cable barrier.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500
2004 Wanderer Wagon Toyhauler
1997 XR400R Plated
2003 Polaris Trailboss 330

was_butnotnow

Fulltime: Emery, SD

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/09 07:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read on the web restrictions north and south of Lake Havasu for the BLM boonddocking something about a HW 95 beautification project that now they are making you boonddock a 1/2 mile back from 95 HW. Not a big me deal me thinks.

Update from RV Boondocking News...
Posted by Bob Difley at 4:29 PM
In my post on October 13 on boondocking at Lake Havasu City, Arizona, I received the following comment by "Anonomous."

"They've closed a lot of the boondocking in craggy wash this year. Have to go way back to the 'meadow' now. Do they really want us boondocking rvers using OUR public lands and is it resort/campground pressure or the BLM ? As we travel south we've seen smaller areas to use. Plamosa road area in Quartzsite is downsized also. Don't think they'll force people into their resorts and campgrounds, we'll just pass the town by."

I emailed the BLM and received the following response from Recreation Technician, Paul Hoyt:
"In reply to your questions about Craggy Wash, yes there was a change to the camping there however it is minor.The authorized camping starts one mile from Highway 95 or approx .5 mile from the start of BLM property going into the campsite. This is in compliance with BLM Recreation Management Program dtd 2007 along with the Highway 95 Beautification Program . There is another change and it will be in the Standard Wash area south from Lake Havasu City to the Bill Williams River and that change is there will be no camping within the first 1/2 mile of Highway 95. These are the only changes from the Lake Havasu Field Office."

So here you go the skinny on this...

* This post was edited 11/22/09 07:55pm by was_butnotnow *

Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle Hitchitch.com
Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

campNride

Lemoore, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/09 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My buddy who lives out there called and was saying the resorts there in town were putting pressure on the BLM thinking that the boondockers were taking money from them. Like others have said it is a matter of just passing the town by instead and the town will lose money. I am interested in the Craggy Wash info as I will be heading out that way in a couple weeks and was hoping to stay there for a night or two so I can visit my buddy in town. Comes down to it I will stay the night up at the truck stop and ride the bike down into town....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Lake Havasu BLM camping
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.