RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Sliding dinette table – lock replacement

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Sliding dinette table – lock replacement

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/09 10:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MTBob wrote:

Mike:
Do you have any photos of the rotating table mod that you can post?
Bob

Not yet, I actually am still testing the idea. So far what I have done is to add another board to the bottom of the table with a turntable swivel in between. Reason is several fold (in my mind at least). First I use the table as my office when on the road and I hate it when I have to lean way over to get to the table, with the swivel I can turn the table so the top comes closer to me and I can work on the laptop when I am sitting back. Second is that when the boys are with we like to play cards and I do not have the face to face benches so this way we can turn the table so it goes from the wall out giving us more space to play games without seeing the others cards. Finally it is a pain to get out and in and with the table turning you can get more space to get in and out of, great for the kids so they are not bumping the table.

So far I have just been using some old OSD board to see if I like it, I want to get some nice plywood to use instead as it is not the best looking plus I need to round off some of the corners to finish it but I was wondering how to go about locking it in place, now with the locking idea I will start cleaning the design up. I will try and get some pictures if all goes well soon and put a post up about the modification.

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Sliding dinette table – lock replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.