RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Texas information

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
wedream

United States

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/09 10:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texas information was great. We are leaving Minnesota two days after Christmas, headed for Texas. This is our first winter trip in our Forest River Lexington motorhome, so we are feeling our way, listening, and taking all the advice we can get. We were thinking of first stopping between Austin and San Antonio, then to Corpus Christi, and down around South Padre area. Thanks to all you pros.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/09 09:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a great trip and WAVE when you go by [emoticon]

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

lizbard

Nacogdoches, TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/09 08:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are two outlet mall in San Marcos on the east side of IH 35. They have RV parking and a shuttle bus comes around. There are several RV parks. I hope you have already called 800-8888-tex for you information book about Texas, a map and info on camping in Texas. Welcome to Texas. Take your time and explore along the way.

Ron Butler

Federal Way WA./Sun City AZ. or points between.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/09 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're enjoying the hill country right now, even though it rained all day today! Will be heading down into the gulf coast and RGV areas in several weeks.

Don't forget the wineries around Fredericksburg!

Have a great trip.

[b]Ron & Carolyn Tucker - Wire Hair Fox Terrier Federal Way WA./Sun City AZ. [b][COLOR=#000066]GO HUSKIES[/COLOR][/b] [url=http://picasaweb.google.com/RonButler6][b]Our Trip Pictures[/b][/url] [url=http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/ronandcarolynstravels][b]Ron & Carolyns Travels[/b] [/url]

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

Retired andLoveIt

Charles City, Ia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/09 09:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We plan on leaving Iowa on Dec. 29. We will also be stopping in the San Antonio area. We are planning on staying at Stone Creek just north of San Antonio. I won't be in too much of a hurry. Just would like to be able to get far enough south the first day to stay in 5er. We will spend at least two months in the San Antonio area. We are dedicating this winter to my wife's sister who has lived there for 45 years. They need to spend some time together. I do like Hill Country. We will see if we really like the weather this winter and also spend some time in the Valley then decide if we want to buy something.

Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro

Dr Quick

M'boro, Tn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/09 07:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you are in Austin and San Antonio keep your camera handy while on the interstate. There are bridges and interchanges there that I have never seen anywhere else. Reminded me of the old TV program "The Jetsons" or a "Disney Cartoon". I wish I had gotten a picture of them as most people will not believe what you saw.

Dr Quick

cantfish

san antonio / portland TX

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/09 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dr Quick wrote:

When you are in Austin and San Antonio keep your camera handy while on the interstate. There are bridges and interchanges there that I have never seen anywhere else. Reminded me of the old TV program "The Jetsons" or a "Disney Cartoon". I wish I had gotten a picture of them as most people will not believe what you saw.

LOL. the jetsons?

thats funny.

i think its only a texas thing. due, to houtson & dallas are making them the same way.

CampinHappy

Odessa, Texas (west Texas)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/09 12:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try Fredricksburg for a day trip, tons of shops and biergartens!

CampinHappy
West Texas Region
2021 Premier 29RK, 2017 F-150 pulling it fine
Former covered wagons include:

2007 K-Z Spree 240 BH with triple bunks for my 3 amigos
Formerly a 99 Coleman Niagara PUP
wife version 1.0 (so far ">) 4 boys who have flown the coop ">

H & E

North Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/09 06:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If coming down I-35W through Ft Worth try to go through town on a Sunday. The traffic through the north end of Ft Worth is mostly the stop part of stop & go during the weekdays. If it doesn’t warm up here soon we may have to go to the RGV to thaw out.

Sooner Schooner

On a Roll

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/09 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless you just want to take I-35 through Texas, I recommend getting on 281. You can access it as far north as Wichita Falls, TX and it is prettier and quicker than I 35.

2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.