RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Adding a second grey tank Need help

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

 > Adding a second grey tank Need help

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
CatalinaDaveinSanDiego

San Diego, CA

Full Member

Joined: 09/09/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm looking to add a second grey tank on my TH.I will need to pump tank 1 into tank 2 when full. Has anyone done this mod? Which pump would work best? Had no luck searching the threads

Dave


2007 SL3005 WW
F350 4x4 CC
3 kids and a Golden retriever">
Oldest son first year US Naval Academy GO NAVY

SooperDaddy

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 08/13/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's been done, you need to find a way to vent it, attach it under the trailer, and plumb it into your existing tank. Or remove the current tank and replace it with a bigger one.

But you might also consider getting a Barker Blue Tote-a-Long tank instead. More versatile, you can also use it for black waste and it's portable so if you need to, you can trundle it over to a dump station.


My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. ">


my3wags

Corona, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 10/26/2004

View Profile



Posted: 01/22/10 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put a 40g gray tank in. I was able to put it right next to the original tank and just "tee" it into the drain side. The two tanks fill at the same time and drain at the same time. I did'nt use a pump, (no need) Like said above, make sure you put a vent on the new tank. now I have 68g of gray

good luck
E


Big E and family of three
2002 F250 SUPERDUTY CREW CAB 4X4 7.3 PSD
Most of the goodies !!

2004 KEYSTONE SPRINTER 297 FWBHS
All of the goodies
Hunting in the Imperial Valley !!!


Blackdiamond

So. Cal

Senior Member

Joined: 06/10/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 10:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's nothing a slow drip won't fix.


03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

MQUnlimited

*SoCal*

Senior Member

Joined: 08/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

K&N Customs in Romoland have done this mod and I think Warrior Lifestyles can also. Im going to have it done to my Warrior soon. Never understood why I can carry 150 gallons of fresh but only have 50/50 grey/black.


www.youtube.com/mqunlimited
2008 Weekend Warrior SLC3905

olddesertrider

SoCal

Senior Member

Joined: 05/01/2005

View Profile



Posted: 01/22/10 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MQUnlimited wrote:

Never understood why I can carry 150 gallons of fresh but only have 50/50 grey/black.


The earlier Warriors had 120gal. fresh with 40/40gal grey and black. I was told by factory tech. the extra water was because trailers mainly used in the desert under boondock conditions and water figured for drinking and cooking, and emergency breakdown/stuck offroad away from towns. The newer Warriors fresh was increased to 150gal. when they started offering an optional pressure washer for cleaning bikes/vehicles before loading. (think muddy environment.) I've always thought they could have offered a larger grey tank but don't know why they didn't. I added another 50gal. to mine for a total of 100gal. grey. It makes for no tank overflow worries even on extended trips.[emoticon]


olddesertrider

Macs Dad

SoCal

Senior Member

Joined: 04/04/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

olddesertrider wrote:

MQUnlimited wrote:

Never understood why I can carry 150 gallons of fresh but only have 50/50 grey/black.


The earlier Warriors had 120gal. fresh with 40/40gal grey and black. I was told by factory tech. the extra water was because trailers mainly used in the desert under boondock conditions and water figured for drinking and cooking, and emergency breakdown/stuck offroad away from towns. The newer Warriors fresh was increased to 150gal. when they started offering an optional pressure washer for cleaning bikes/vehicles before loading. (think muddy environment.) I've always thought they could have offered a larger grey tank but don't know why they didn't. I added another 50gal. to mine for a total of 100gal. grey. It makes for no tank overflow worries even on extended trips.[emoticon]


olddesertrider


Ya no kidding. The WW SL's mostly came with 100 gal fresh and 30/30 black and grey tanks. The black has never been full of 30 gallons of waste but our grey fills up all the time. Especially when we shower. And those are navy type showers. There does look like there's room for a bigger grey tank under the trailer. I've been thinking about replacing the 30 gal grey with a 50 if I could find one that fits.


2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski


CatalinaDaveinSanDiego

San Diego, CA

Full Member

Joined: 09/09/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Macs Dad wrote:

olddesertrider wrote:

MQUnlimited wrote:

Never understood why I can carry 150 gallons of fresh but only have 50/50 grey/black.


The earlier Warriors had 120gal. fresh with 40/40gal grey and black. I was told by factory tech. the extra water was because trailers mainly used in the desert under boondock conditions and water figured for drinking and cooking, and emergency breakdown/stuck offroad away from towns. The newer Warriors fresh was increased to 150gal. when they started offering an optional pressure washer for cleaning bikes/vehicles before loading. (think muddy environment.) I've always thought they could have offered a larger grey tank but don't know why they didn't. I added another 50gal. to mine for a total of 100gal. grey. It makes for no tank overflow worries even on extended trips.[emoticon]


olddesertrider


Ya no kidding. The WW SL's mostly came with 100 gal fresh and 30/30 black and grey tanks. The black has never been full of 30 gallons of waste but our grey fills up all the time. Especially when we shower. And those are navy type showers. There does look like there's room for a bigger grey tank under the trailer. I've been thinking about replacing the 30 gal grey with a 50 if I could find one that fits.


My rig is on 07 WW SL, already replaced the 30 grey with a 52gallon grey. The manufacturer that WW used was (LINK)Inca Plastics. They are located in Riverside/Ontario. They have all shapes and sizes of Tanks. A 50 gallon tank runs about $280 They will put in vents and fittings to your specs. I'm looking to add a second 50 or 55 gallon grey.

justALnow

Ft Myers, Fl

Senior Member

Joined: 02/02/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I plumbed this contraption a while back so I can run grey water into the black tank (on the left), when the grey tank gets full. We have 58/58 with only the toilet going into the black tank. Lot's of unused capacity there that I can now use.


[image]





ScottE28516

Highland, Ca.

Senior Member

Joined: 06/06/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/22/10 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My trailer came from the factory with two 50 gal fresh water tanks, a 70 gal black tank, and two 40 gal grey tanks(1 for the galley, and 1 for the shower/bath sink). You may want to look at adding a seperate grey water tank exclusively for the galley sink.


01 Volvo 660, ISX 500 Cummins, RV Hauler
05 Sierra Sport F37SP Toyhauler, flipped axles
09 Playtech 5 seat long travel sand rail
07 Yamaha Rhino 660 4 seater
04 Kawasaki KFX 700
04 Kawasaki KFX 400
07 Polaris Phoenix 200


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

 > Adding a second grey tank Need help
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.