|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Question for Monaco and Holiday Rambler tech's

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Moxy

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/10 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My dash hvac will not change vents, I am told that because the diesel does not create vacumm that there is a separate vacumm pump that makes vacumm for the hvac, does anyone know where said pump is located and where the fuse is for it?

Thanks

Moxy

rayhough

Cairo, NY, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/10 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look here. Find your control and click, there are diagrams and trouble shooting charts. Hope this helps.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper
the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.
Enjoy it what's left.
Happy traveling, Ray ">

Thunder Mountain

Lost in the Four Corners

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/10 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rayhough wrote:

Look here. Find your control and click, there are diagrams and trouble shooting charts. Hope this helps.

Good job helping the OP.

* This post was edited 01/23/10 06:14pm by an administrator/moderator *

Moxy

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/10 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rayhough wrote:

Thanks a million, I'll check it out.

Moxy

Moxy

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/10 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thunder Mountain wrote:

rayhough wrote:

Good job helping the OP.

Yes it is nice to see a response to the question vs well you know.

rbdtanasi

Foley, AL

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/10 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moxy it would help if you told us the year and model of your motor home. Look in the compartment under the driver's window. If there is a large black box there with three wing nuts to remove the cover, the fuse should be in there. The back side of the cover will have labels as to what each fuse position is for.

The vacuum pump will be electric and mounted on the firewall behind the generator access door.

Rex - 01 Monaco Diplomat being pushed by an 08 Honda CR-V

Galvanizd

Puerto Penasco Mexico.... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/10 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine had a similar problem. Sounds like same as yours. My vents were stuck in the default defrost position and would only blow air through windshield vents.

I would check your vacuum pump and reservoir first. It should be located in the front compartment above the generator. Check the pump first (you can hear it if its running with just ignition on) Check if air is being pushed out to the hoses by removing a hose and putting your finger over an outlet. Then check the hoses for cuts/leaks. Mine was a leak in the hose coming from the reservoir. No fuse prob on mine.

Interesting part is that the pump was a ford product on my Monaco.

Hope this helps

PUMP
[image]

RES
[image]

Scrooge39

Marietta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/10 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going by the thread subject line, I am assuming you have a Monaco/Holiday Rambler product. I have a 2000 HR Ambassador DP. I had the same problem with the AC/heater vents.
Mine does not have an electric motor that runs a vacuum pump to generate vacuum, it is done strictly by pressurized air flowing over a hole. The pump uses air pressure from the air tank to create a vacuum. The 12V is for a solenoid that allows the pressurized air to flow over a hole that generates the vacuum. When the vacuum is below 15 lbs., the vacuum switch closes causing the solenoid to open which allows pressurized air to flow over the hole. When the vacuum gets up to 15 lbs., the switch opens causing the solenoid to de-energize and stop the flow of air. The cycle is repeated to maintain vacuum.

My vacuum pump didn't generate any vacuum so I tore it apart. There is a very small hole that the pressurized air passes through and it was clogged by debris. Once I cleaned the hole, the pump worked great.
Hope this helps.

rayhough

Cairo, NY, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/10 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moxy wrote:

Thunder Mountain wrote:

rayhough wrote:

Good job helping the OP.

Yes it is nice to see a response to the question vs well you know.

I always thought that is what this forum was for. I know I've gotten lots of help here.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/10 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Vac pump is on the same circuit as the Ignition override for the entry step. If you do not know which or how to check for a blown fuse. Extend the entry steps and then turn the entry step switch OFF. This will leave the steps extended when the door is closed. Then Turn the Engine ON (entry door closed) and IF the steps retract, you have power to the Vac Pump for the AC controls. If the steps do NOT retract, then the fuse is blown for both. Doug

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Question for Monaco and Holiday Rambler tech's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.