|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
Less Stuff

WA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/10 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I type this tucked into the only RV Park in Hermosillo, Mexico.
Free Wi-Fi! $20 a night with full hook up's. Only one other RV, so it’s almost boon docking with full hook up’s!

Wow what a day!
Driving around Hermosillo is a bit traumatic for this retired Gringo. Hermosillo is a town of 700,000 people. Met a lot of nice people, a few of which spoke much better English than my pitiful Spanish.

Wow what a trip rain and snow has followed us all the way from Washington State. It even rained last night here in Hermosillo, all night that is.

We had lunch at a public market in the Centro Zone. Wow the sights and sounds of a large Mexican Market very fascinating. We looked until we found a crowded lunch counter and had some great tacos.

After lunch a siesta in the camper parked on a nearby street is such a luxury. Being 6’7” tall and having a blond Danish wife means we tent to stand out in Mexico and the camper is sure a nice refuge for some down time. Truck camper’s rock! (Someone once said)

We are going even farther south until we find some El Sol or bust.

DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2015 RAM 1500 V6 8 speed
Regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive.
Leer 180 Topper

kylekai

San Diego, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/10 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about some pictures!!

rkortes

Citrus Heighs, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/10 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice pics.... good stuff. Be careful down there!

Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 SRW Duramax/Ali
Toy Hauler - 2008 Ragen FA3005
The Journey Is The Destination!

Carter13

Ridgefield, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/10 09:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How can you stand being in a regular cab? I am 6' and my F350 CC is just barely enough leg room.
I give you kudos for driving into mexico. Four weeks ago my wife and I took a three day cruise out of San Diego to Ensenada and there is no way I would take our truck and camper over the border.
BTW you have been missing lots of clouds and rain here in Washington State. [emoticon]

turtletalk

NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/10 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope you continue your trip reports so we can all enjoy.

Less Stuff

WA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/10 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few photos.

El Sol at last today was wonderful. The sun shines in Hermosillo!!
How big an RV would you like to drive down these streets???

[image]

Plaza Zaragoza as seen from the top of Cerro de la Campana.
The Plaza is under the trees flanked by the Cathedral of the Assumption and the Palacio de Gobierno. (government palace)

[image]

Just to show it did rain yesterday. The wife standing in the courtyard of the Palacio de Gobierno. Yes she needed the rain coat.

[image]

Today a very wonderful thing happened.
Just after I woke up from my siesta a High School Drum and Bugle band started practicing right next to our camper.
Wow what a nice way to end a siesta.
Yes I was awake BEFORE they started.

flaxi

Germany

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/10 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

more pics please.......... !!!!!!! :-)))

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/10 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for checking in!

Please keep us posted with pix and stories as you travel ever deeper into Mexico [emoticon]

Precisely what route have you taken to get to where you are? Where are you headed ?

I'm looking at the near real-time GOES satellite feed, and it doesn't look good at all for any significantly clear weather in ~~80% Mexico's territory!

GOES feed (water vapor) here-->

Looks like the only bet is extreme south Mexico from Tonala to Huixtla (the Costera road); and about 150 miles up or down coast of Acapulco...that's about it. The huge streams of moisture coming off the Pacific over Mexico are relentless this year.

Good luck,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Less Stuff

WA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/10 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First to answer some questions:
Carter 13:
Try a Chevy;
I really feel they have more head and leg room than Ford or Dodge. But I don’t know what the official numbers are.

Silversand:
We entered Mexico from Lukeville, AZ. Then Mex 2 to Santa Ana, Mexico turned on to Mex 15 to Hermosillo, Mexico. This morning we left Hermosillo on Mex 15 and arrived in San Carlos we plan to spend at least two nights here we’ll see.
Destination is unknown at this point I have 6 months to travel Mexico and will go where fancy takes. Though our FMT says we are going to Colima, Colima state Mexico. And we may actually do that.

And yes the wife will only give me a month and a half for this trip sooo she will get to fly home and I will wander Mexico alone unless my son takes his mothers place for a week as he has talked about.

Now a couple more pictures from San Carlos and yes El Sol was out today.
Rats the free internet connection here is worth just that! Can't down load any pictures well another day.

ironworker025

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/10 09:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The main thing is to have fun. The people are great and the food is fantastic. We have traveled all over Mexico and loved every bit of it. We are in Miramar right now and heading south. If yu wold like to see our travels, on my profile is our travel blog. Happy Trails.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.