RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: rv park Wheatland Wyo

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> rv park Wheatland Wyo

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
hunt182644

home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/10 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone know anything about rv parks in Wheatland?

DesertHawk

Las Cruces, New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/10 04:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have stayed several times in the last couple of years at the free campground at Wheatland's Lewis City Park.

A very nice park, camping sites. Here are some directions: North Bound traffic, after getting off I-25 at the first exit to Wheatland, turn right at the first traffic light follow this street to the second traffic light and turn right, go one block turn right again follow this street to the park. South Bound Traffic after getting off I-25 at first exit to Wheatland, keep on the road until you get to the first traffic light, turn left, go one block, turn right following this street to the park.

3 night stay limit. Sites with electric, not too many with water, but a water outlet by the donation box. Dump station up the street from the campground, across from the park's playground. Train tracks run by across the street, can be loud if a train goes by. Some nights, yes, some none.

[image]
Wheatland's Lewis Park Aug 2009.

North of Weatland, Douglas also has a free campground at Riverside Park, but we have not stopped there. It sounds nice with it being on the North Platte River on the northeast side of the bridge with free showers, dump station, water, and flush toilets. But not sure of electric, seems not.

Not tooo far from Weatland and before Douglas, Glendo State Park is located off Interstate 25, Exit 111. We have driven by this one many times, my son stayed at it a year or so ago. Very nice campgound he said.

Also in the area as well, Guernsey State Park off of I-25 towards Ft. Laramie; provides seven campgrounds. Five are around the lake; located off Interstate 25, Exit 92 to U.S. Highway 26 and then State Route 270. We stayed at this one years ago near the canyon area of the lake. Close to Ft. Laramie and Oregon Trail sites. **** Oregon Trail Wyoming ** Trail Ruts WY & Ruts Site & nearby Register Cliff

Fort Laramie City Park

As for Private RV Parks: Mountain View & Park's web site and maybe Arrowhead RV Park as well. Do not know anything about them.

Past Buffalo: Fort Phil Kearny and Fetterman Site as well as Fort Fetterman near Douglas

* This post was last edited 01/02/11 04:24pm by DesertHawk *   View edit history

">DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

wcferb

Wi

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/10 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Riverside Park at Douglas is nice. No electric. Clean restrooms and showers. Water available. 48 hour stay. we have stay there several times. Or ask about camping at the State Fair Grounds. I beleive they have power.

ethomps1

Dearborn Heights, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/10 12:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll post my kudos for the free city park. It was nice, clean, great sunset. Although the storm that rolled through at 1am, and took our tent down wasn't that fun. I would still go back - either with my TT now or a better tent.

Liz (the Bad Liz)
2004 Amerilite 21MB
2005 Ford Exploder Sports Trac
3 small dogs
1 husband

The Bad Liz
Camper pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> rv park Wheatland Wyo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS