|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report, Florida Keys and more. With Pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fotosleo

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/10 11:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sirdrakejr wrote:

What was the brand name on that hard side TC you saw? The cab over looks a little low.
Frank

Looks like 'Roamer'

[image]

[image]

nycsteve's trip report picture below

[image]

* This post was edited 03/31/10 05:34am by fotosleo *

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 03:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sirdrakejr wrote:

What was the brand name on that hard side TC you saw? The cab over looks a little low.
Frank

you mean the Igloo Cooler TC ? I'll zoom in on the picture in photoshop tonight when I get home and look at the logo. Im gone for the day, taking my now 16 yearold upstate to look at a collage. She's a HS junior and doing the college pick thing. Long trip to Binghamton, around 250 miles.
I tryed to meet the TC owner last year to ask about his camper but he was never at his campsite,to busy having fun elsewhere.His was the first of its kind I haveseen.
Steve

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 03:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fotosleo wrote:

sirdrakejr wrote:

Frank

Looks like 'Roamer'

[image]

Ahh didnt see fotosleo's answer before I posted. The Roamer logo looks similar to the igloo's moniker.I'll still check later.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 04:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Its never too late for a Florida Keys trip report [emoticon] Well done. Have you got the costs for each of the locales you stayed at in the Keys (with exception of the ACE facility, of course) ?

BTW, the Roamer was a camper that pushed the clam-shell design way past the envelope. Built in Florida (buy direct mostly) for years, I think it is no longer in business. From earlier web-site clicking (when the company was still around) I saw window implementations that were like nothing else ever done on a truck camper. Like nearly wrap-around fuselage windows! Too bad they are no longer around. And, oh, there was nothing to rot on the inside; the inside was finished fiberglass (like the exterior).

I checked for used units, and a recent sale for a 2006 unit (looked like a 9-footer) was advertised for ~~ $26,000. I can't find anything of theirs produced after 2007.

This was their address:

Roamer Campers
Roamer Industries
3440 Technology Drive
Nokomis, FL 34275

I'll put this trip report into TR now....

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

SingleAction

New York

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the report!

Can't wait, we will be going down to the Keys, the beginning of May!

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2008 Pilgrim 1500 Lite 27PRB
2000 Lance 835

Sue Bee

NW suburbs of Chicago

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Nice forced perspective [emoticon]. That heron looks like it is 12 feet tall!

Great report. Looks like we will be traveling to Florida now that the inlaws are getting to old to travel up here, the keys are not all that far from Fort Myers.

Harleybullet

Holbrook, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/10 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice work Steve

Is there a listing of Army Core of Engineneer sites?

Where in the world do you park in NYC?

Dave

88lover

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/10 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Cat man at Mowrey square has been performing there for at least 30 years.
He put 4 kids through college with his act. Every time I go to the keys I always watch him. He has cats performing tricks that a dog trainer couldn't match. There was once an old woman who sold cookies with the add "Buy a sweet so I can eat". Those who bought cookies put them in the first trash bin they came to. [emoticon] Mowrey square at sunset is the favorite spot in Key West to watch the sun sink into the Gulf. Of course there are other attractions like Hog's Breath, Sloppy Joe's and a host of shops and museums. Most people miss however a day trip to the Marquises' , Dry Tortugas, and Ft Jefferson where Dr. Mudd was in prison after Lincoln's assassination .

Bahia Honda has a state park but it is always full. The bridge is new and there is a great little resturant on little Torch key and also another on Big Pine Key just before crossing the bridge to No Name Key which operates on self generator power.

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fotosleo beat me to the zoom tool. Roamer it is.

silversand, Bahia H is probably 38-40 as of this year, as is Pennekamp. The more northern state parks can be as low as 16 per day with elec and water.

Sue bee it wax still one big bird, easly over 5 foot. I have a better picture , more true to life.

sigle action we are going back again this year..... the beginning of May too. Maybe our paths will cross. Maybe a PM?

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I returned a little while ago from the college tour trip. It was a long day with lots of miles, 6am to 930pm .So any try at a part 2 will have to wait a bit till recovery. No TC today, no quick naps on the road.
Oh, Harlybullit, I park 5 miles south of you in my driveway in Blue Point. The NYC is for spending my first 34 years as a city resident, and working for the city for 24 years.
Steve

Harleybullet

Holbrook, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/10 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Small world... I grew up in NYC and then worked in Bluepoint for 30 years.

It is amazing how things just go round and round!

Dave

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report, Florida Keys and more. With Pictures
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.