|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Calico with MJR IDTT

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fotosleo

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm obviously not familiar with jeep forum terminology...

* This post was last edited 03/31/10 07:54pm by fotosleo *   View edit history

fotosleo

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/10 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr DonCurley wrote:

Well, that was my best guess off a Google map.

This is the truck camper forum. We don't 'guess' here. We deal in facts. I think...[emoticon]

FishPOET

La Habra, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/10 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fotosleo wrote:

I'm obviously not familiar with jeep forum terminology...

You're obviously not familiar with courtesy on any forum. Why would you hijack a trip report with your gobleygook? If you had an genuine question you could have either asked it without importing the stupid smiley, googled it or PMd me.

fotosleo

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/10 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, I'm sorry, but this isn't a PM situation. Everything is in code. Why not spell out the words and information so everyone can enjoy your story and pictures? If you look at the other posts, I'm not the only one that found it confusing.

It does look like a cool trip, I'm not trying to detract from that. I just wish, as a typical member, I could understand it better.

* This post was edited 04/02/10 09:14pm by fotosleo *

FishPOET

La Habra, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/10 11:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fotosleo wrote:

Everything is in code.

Everything is in code? Norco and Calico are names of places.

Norco is the name of the town I live in. It is not slang. Although it originally stood for North Corona Land Company it has been incorporated as Norco since 1964. How exactly would you like me to decipher it? Do I really need to take the time to google it just for you and add the history just for you?

Zip Code 92860

Statistics & Facts:
The population of Norco is approximately 27,263 (2007).
The approximate number of families is 6,277 (2000).
The amount of land area in Norco is 35.488 sq. kilometers.
The amount of land area in Norco is 14.4 sq. miles.
The amount of surface water is 0.638 sq kilometers.
The distance from Norco to Washington DC is 2389 miles. The distance to the California state capital is 389 miles. (as the crow flies)
Norco is positioned 33.92 degrees north of the equator and 117.55 degrees west of the prime meridian.
Norco elevation is 678 feet above sea level.
Norco per capita income is $20,710 (2000).
Norco median income is $76,300 (2005).
The Norco median home price is $540,000 (2007).

Norco location: Located in western Riverside County near the junction of the 91 Freeway and Interstate 15, about 50 miles south and east of Los Angeles. Nearby communities include: Corona (4 miles), Home Gardens (4.7 miles), Mira Loma (5.1 miles), El Cerrito (6.9 miles) Pedley (7.2 miles), Glen Avon (7.9 miles), Ontario (9.8 miles), Chino (10.8 miles) and Riverside (11.4 miles).

Geography
The geography for Norco is a valley with hills along its eastern border. The Santa Ana River follows along its northern border, above its river bluff. The area is not altogether flat, though some areas are not hilly at all.

Climate & Weather
The weather in Norco is mild with no real extremes in weather. A few hot spells in the summer may go over 100, winter temperatures rarely drop below 40.
Norco average annual rainfall is 13.2 inches per year
Norco average temperature is 63 degrees F.
Return to Index

Norco history:
In 1846, the area that is now Norco was part of a Mexican Grant from Mexico to Vicenta Sepulveda and was called the Little La Sierra Rancho. The area passed through several owners including the San Jacinto Land Company. James W. Long purchased the Norco area land around 1908. He organized the Orange Heights Water Company. Development began and in 1910 the area became a subdivision of the Corona Land Company for citrus growing. In 1921, the property was purchased by the North Corona Land Company. The name of Norco came from the North Corona portion of the company name.

From fewer than 100 families in the valley to the present, Norco has changed much. The Norco Store was the hub of the city during this early time. Rex B. Clark purchased the company during the 20's. He then set about developing the city of Norco. Clark was responsible for most of the early buildings in the area, such as: the Norco School on Acacia. This is used today as the Norco Community Center. In 1929 Rex B. Clark built a resort, the Norconian Club and Hotel near a hot sulfur well he discovered in the area. The hotel became the "in" place to visit for the Hollywood movie crowd. The depression hurt the economy as it did all over the country and the hotel closed down. The property was sold to the federal government in 1941 for use as a naval hospital. Later, after the hospital was closed down, the site became the Naval Weapons Center and the California Rehabilitation Center. These two are still active in the community today, providing many jobs and helping our community.

Norco has grown larger and gained many new businesses and families. It was incorporated as a city in December of 1964. It is well-known for its animal-keeping orientation. Lot sizes in Norco are a minimum 1/2 acre in size. Nearly any type of animal may be found in town. Interstate 15 goes through Norco and has brought business and exposure to the city. Notable additions are the Norco Auto Mall and Gateway area development. There are no sidewalks or curbs in much of Norco, instead horse trails are the norm. It is a great family-sports-animal oriented community. For additional history information, please contact the city historian through the city.

Lake Norconian Club Preservation Foundation
Preserve, Protect, Renovate and Restore the extraordinary Lake Norconian Club Resort built in 1929. Grounds include a 60 acre lake with lake pavillion. Please visit the website to learn more about the Lake Norconian Club Resort!
The settling of Norco: 1910
The incorporation date of Norco: 23 December 1964.

Calico
Calico was developed in 1881 during the largest silver strike in California. Located at the side of towering King Mountain, the town was named for the variety of colors in the mountain that were "as purty as a gal's calico skirt." Calico boomed during 1881-1896; but the end came to the silver rush in 1896 and by 1904 Calico had become a ghost town. Calico

fotosleo wrote:

Why not spell out the words and information so everyone can enjoy your story and pictures?

Because I didn't spell out MJR, IDTT and MIB folks cannot enjoy the story and the pictures?

fotosleo wrote:

When a seasoned veteran like DonCurley can't decipher some of your info, it might be time to change the title, and or abbreviations into actual words.

Seems to me like Don pretty much answered your questions concerning the abbreviations. What exactly did Don have trouble deciphering?

fotosleo wrote:

It does look like a cool trip, I'm not trying to detract from that. I just wish, as a typical member, I could understand it better.

It was a great trip. I took the time and effort to crop and size the pictures to meet the TC forums standards. I took the time and effort to include the names of the mines and canyons that I knew. I took the time and effort to include the name of the place I left from and the place I was headed to. I specifically used IDTT for reasons that I prefer not to share with you or this forum. I specifically used MIB because that is what we call him. I have linked My Jeep Rocks to the TC forum on multiple occasions. My mistake that I did not link it on this thread.

Most of the typical members enjoyed the pictures and report whether they understood the abbreviations or not.

Perhaps you should actually try posting a trip report before hijacking and detracting from other trip reports.

bedrocker

lompoc ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/10 12:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good job
Love that area [emoticon]

seldomseensmith

Flagstaff, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/10 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishPoet,

While I also scratched my head to a small degree over the rather cryptic abbreviations in your post title (I have to admit at first I thought the title went something like "Calico with major idiot" [emoticon]), in NO WAY did it detract from my enjoyment of your adventure. I gotta get me one of those jeep things...

TFP (thanks for posting!)

The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

fotosleo

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/10 01:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishPOET wrote:

You're obviously not familiar with courtesy on any forum.

Yes, on EVERY forum I look for things that I don't understand so I can attack the OP. I think it stems from not being held enough as a child.
Courtesy begins with posting non-cryptic information so people don't have to google, guess, and be confused as to what you're trying to say.

FishPOET wrote:

Do I really need to take the time to google it just for you and add the history just for you?

I didn't ask for any of that information. Calico, MJR, IDTT, Norco, MIB...is what I (and probably 95% of this forum) didn't understand. Calico could be your freaking cat for all I know! So you can put a big X through all of that history info.

FishPOET wrote:

What exactly did Don have trouble deciphering?

Norco

Quote:

I specifically used MIB because that is what we call him.

So, MIB is a person? I thought you were talking about a new global positioning system.

Quote:

I specifically used IDTT for reasons that I prefer not to share with you or this forum

Yet you shared IDTT...so what was the point of saying it at all?

Quote:

I took the time and effort to crop and size the pictures to meet the TC forums standards. I took the time and effort to include the names of the mines and canyons. I took the time and effort to include the name of the place I left from and the place I was headed to...

Thank you for taking the time to do all that.

* This post was last edited 04/01/10 07:22pm by fotosleo *   View edit history

Dome

Southwest Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/10 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also was lost with all the abbreviations, but the trip looked like a good one and because I'm also a Jeeper it was even better. Maybe a little less abbreviations would help us old folks. ;o) Then again maybe I can try to learn some of this stuff and come out of the dark ages.
Steve

* This post was edited 04/01/10 02:12pm by Dome *

FishPOET

La Habra, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/10 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fotosleo wrote:

I didn't ask for any of that information. Calico, MJR, IDTT, Norco, MIB...is what I (and probably 95% of this forum) didn't understand. Calico could be your freaking cat for all I know! So you can put a big X through all of that history info.

You think you speak for 95% of this forum. Amazing.

You don't understand my trip report so I am suppose to dumb it down to your level. I then dumb it down to your level and you want me to delete the dumb down. Seems like nothing will make you happy except of course hijacking and detracting from my trip report thread.

fotosleo wrote:

So, MIB is a person? I thought you were talking about a new global positioning system.

So in the very first post when I posted a picture of MIB with the caption MIB you thought I was talking about a global positioning system? Perhaps you need a refresher course in English comprehension.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Calico with MJR IDTT
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.