|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter Trip Report: Whazoo finds Woop Woop, finally

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/10 03:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great timing on the flowers blooming Whazoo.
Here's to the roads less traveled and the mysteries revealed.
Jeff

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

kbaum

Thermopolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/10 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another classic, sign me up for the EXPO!

2013 Northern Lite 10 cdse
2012 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 Cummins Crew Cab

Newmar Dutch Star 4018 (home)

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/10 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where I come from that would be Woop Woop, without the Prickly Pear(Cacti).
My question does the TC ford rivers? and is it watertight? That was comparatively a pretty smooth road in comparison to some of the "tracks" that RVers use here.Still I would not take it on congrats on doing the trip.

sundowners

suffolk UK

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/10 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fantastic trip and report----keep it up
Nigel

fuelhauler

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/10 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everytime you post a trip report Dave I say you've out done yourself. Then comes another trip report & you've out done yourself.
Thanks to bear for the great pics. Please give him a big T-bone from us.

2005 Dodge q/c 4x4 dually six speed pac brake
2014 Arctic Fox 990
2014 16' smokercraft

Clattertruck

Centennial Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/10 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As usual, great photos and great trip!

Clattertruck
2008 SD F450 Pickup PSD 6.4L CC 4X4 DRW, Lariat Auto trans 4.30 LS, 2013 Lance TT 1885, Toyota 2014 Tundra Crew Max 5.7.

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/10 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy from Whazoo,

Hey Silver, you like the pants? I'll tie-die a shirt to go with! Hope to start seeing some trips from you soon. Surely winter must be about over?? I'll be needing to see more green in a month or two, when our green turns brown.

Hi Ya Othertonka, I'll bet your wife would go down those roads, if you let her think it was her idea. Glad to know someone else gets it too. Thanks!

HotelOne, And "props" back at you for your reply. I gave up on the new lingo a couple years ago with "crack-a-lackin." Glad you like the photoshop!

travelnutz, I absolutely love your handle. I'm a little nutz too, but try real hard to hide it. And yes, let's hear it for IFS...

Thanks RicJones, a lot, I'll try to do that.

Well Hi Clarryhill, Me jest? Only on occasion. And a big thanks to you for your reply, made my day!

Ah Cal, And it is a clean truck again. When are you heading on your great road trip? And will I see you at the Overland Expo?? It's not far from your house you know...

Bent Arrow, Hey Harley, how are things? I'll bet you wouldn't back off that hill either. Any Utah trips planned anytime soon? I miss Utah! Thanks for the reply.

Weymard! You should be out driving your new truck, not reading trip reports. But I love hearing from you. And as long as it's the French Forum and not the French Foreign Legion waiting for me, I'm good!

Howdy Jeff, We did hit it just about right for flowers. A week or more into the 80's and things dry up pretty quickly. Lynn and I are in discussion right now about another trip up to camp the Oly, and to see you and Tiz. What's the weather on the Penninsula like end of May and first of June? We want to head your way and then over to Montana. It may come down to a trip...or new carpet. Unfortunately, I need both.

Hi kbaum, I don't know about classic, maybe for Mad Magazine. Thanks though!! So you'll possibly be at the Expo? That would be great. I have another good friend Steve Standefer coming down from the Bay area too. This could be a fantastic weekend. I'll hope you make it.

Mr. Robert Ryan, So I now know how to get you to make a reply, I'll just put Woop Woop in all my trip report headings!! Is my tc watertight, you mean like a frogs arse? I would definitely say no to that. Can it ford a river? Maybe in the fall. In that we are always 4wheeling solo, and having watched my 6 month old Bronco back in "79" slip beneath the surface of a fast flowing river with a sandy bottom (up to the light bar on the roof) I am a bit leery of fording much. And I will say that the "expeditions" I post here are not on the same scale, or even close, to yours. I can only dream of those kind of trips. Thanks for your reply Robert!

Hello there Sundowners, thanks for your time Nigel. It's great hearing from the UK!!! Glad to know our collective hobby knows no boundaries.

Oh boy fuelhauler, now that's a super nice thing to say, thank you. But as I'm hungry right now, Bear and I might fight over that bone. Although it is pizza night. See you again I hope...

Hi Clattertruck, thanks for the great reply. Hope all things are well with you.

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/10 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a nice trip. Are the flowers always that beautiful in the desert this time of year? My favorite photo was ...
[image]
Gorgeous blooms, background, and such a blue sky!

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/10 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GoinThisAway wrote:

Sounds like a nice trip. Are the flowers always that beautiful in the desert this time of year? My favorite photo was ...
Gorgeous blooms, background, and such a blue sky!

Hi GoinThisWay, I wish the flowers were like this every year. But no, only after a wet winter, and preferably a wet fall to start things off. Last year was meager, and the year before the best I've seen since 1993. And we certainly think alike, that was my favorite photo too. Thanks a lot!

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/10 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup, the best color of flowers and other things too. I'm partial to the Blue and Gold before age 18 1/2 and then follow it up with Maize and Blue for maybe 5 years or so. Go Blue!

OH, BTW, great pic....

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter Trip Report: Whazoo finds Woop Woop, finally
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.