RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Plan B - Part I (lots o' pics!)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Plan B - Part I (lots o' pics!)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

God sure did a great job, didn't he?.............[emoticon]

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/10 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW!! Very nice!! [emoticon]

As usual!! [emoticon]

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 06:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You Outfitter folk are the TC Conestogas of our time. Beautiful photos and narrative. We made it to Owachomo (the eay one) but no flowers at the time.

2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

W8NONU

Everywhere you want to be

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What kind of camera were you using?

DonCurley

La Sal, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 07:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seldomseensmith wrote:

This year I had originally planned to revisit the Dark Canyon area, especially the western end and see more of what looked like really interesting country, but alas my plans and those of Mother Nature could not be reconciled.

I've mentioned on numerous occasions how snowy this year was for us in the Southwest, and that extended to the southern and central part of Utah as well. There won't be any travel in the high country for at least a month, maybe more, and many roads and trails that lead to places I wanted go are still closed.

For instance, the road into Beef Basin over the flank of the Blue (Abajo) Mountains is one such snowbound route, and a couple of days before I arrived in the area the Blues got a fresh coat of white.

Another great write-up and pics Eric. We love Natural Bridges and have done the canyon bottom hike several times over the years.

By the way, I don't want to steal Brian's thunder on his on-going Needles area trip report, but on our last day (4/24), we went up the Beef Basin access road which starts off of Hwy 211 near the Dugout Ranch. When we got up to about the 8400 foot level, we ran into a pretty hefty snowbank that only some dirt bikes had skirted the extreme lower edge of it and had gotten through. Brian & his wife scouted up ahead on their dirt bikes and found that after one more snowbank of note, that it was pretty much clear sailing ahead as the road began to drop down in elevation, so we blasted through the first snowbank and were the first 4-wheeled vehicle to make it through for the season. We subsequently made the intersection of the Elk Ridge road and the road continuing on to Beef Basin (another 12 miles on). Although there were some faded tracks on the Elk Ridge road (coming over the Abajos from Natural Bridges to the south, they looked old (maybe from last season?).

-'07 Dodge 3500/QC/SB/SRW/4x4/6.7L CTD/6-spd auto/35" Toyo MT's/Ride-Rite air bags/RS9000XL shocks
-'07 Apex 8 fully optioned w/220W solar/2 T-145's/2KW Prosine/Honda EU2000i/Tundra fridge/AC/etc
-'00 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4, highly modified w/5.9L Magnum V8

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That trip is as good as it could possibly be. Did you have to arch your back for those pictures, or did you bridge the feet of your tripod? Superb pix there Seldom...

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/10 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

National Geographic, move over, SSS is here!!!
Great write up....I think this one is the best you've done.

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

weymard

NORMANDY

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 08:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW ! Thanks for your report, very nice, I believed that I was in Western movie !

FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

turtletalk

NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We enjoy and always share your great trip reports with family and friends.
Thanks for the time and work to share with all of us.

Tiger4x4RV

Inland Empire, Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 09:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's my kind of camping - great scenery and hiking, and few people. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos and observations, especially of the trails. It looks like I'd better work on ladder skills before my next trip.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Plan B - Part I (lots o' pics!)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.