RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Range Hood Vent Mod (Inside Open/Close)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Range Hood Vent Mod (Inside Open/Close)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
EricCO

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/10 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having trouble finding the mod in the FAQ. Can someone point me to the link again?

I want to mod the outside vent flap to be able to be controlled from the inside. I remember it using a coat hanger and a paper clip but can't find the link to it now.

Thanks for your help.

2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD
2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra
2009 Lund 208 Pro-V GL with 250 hp Verado

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi EricCO, That was me who did that...went to look for the post and I can't find it either...I will make you a new one. Be right back!

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, I will try and make this simple.
There is not only just the outside flap but an internal one to and this is what it looks like.
[image]
If you look up underneath the hood, here is that flapers instuctions and mechanism, just so you know it's there, which most don't know about.
[image]
[image]
Back to the hood, just remove the fan shroud and take that inside flap out.
[image]
On the outside, you could leave the small tabs that close the outside flap or remove and seal the holes, mine broke off so I removed mine. Once you remove the shroud, drill a small hole near the top of the outside flap.
[image]
Get a lenght of hanger wire and bend the end like this.
[image]
Be sure your hole will line up with the hole you will drill in the front of the hood. This is the view looking up under the hood with the wire going through.
[image]
Attach the wire to the outside flap and then through the hole in the front of the hood and straighten it out the best you can.
[image]
Now, once your straight wire is through the front push it in, bend a loop, once the flap is fully OPEN!
[image]
Pull the loop back to close and clip it shut, no more going outside to unclip that flap that's 10 feet in the air!
[image]

EricCO

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/10 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awesome! Thanks!

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/10 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you search for something that is over 1 year you have to select it in ADVANCED search, put a word in the search word or phrase..."vent" and then the fourm...TC or mutiple forums....
Select over 1 year....

Here it is...

vent mod

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/10 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your all welcome...thanks bigfootford for the heads up on old posts!

EricCO

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/10 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If anyone thinks of a work around for keeping the inside flap and still having this work let me know.

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/10 03:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm glad you brought this one back up - I've been planning on doing this someday (like everything else) but my flapper vent is literally 10' in the air. If there is a rig that could use this mod, it's mine. Thanks kk.

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/10 01:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do believe that they make a range hood that does have an automatic flap that opens to the outside when you turn on the fan. This was just a fix for what I had at zero cost but an hour of time. I will verify it for sure and if this breaks ,I'm going to the upgrade. Get back to you when I find it....Kev

EricCO

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/10 03:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KKELLER14K wrote:

I do believe that they make a range hood that does have an automatic flap that opens to the outside when you turn on the fan. This was just a fix for what I had at zero cost but an hour of time. I will verify it for sure and if this breaks ,I'm going to the upgrade. Get back to you when I find it....Kev

I'm waiting for a call back from Ventline about an upgrade. They don't make it for the P series as the hole in the side of the camper is bigger than the one they offer the upgrades for.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Range Hood Vent Mod (Inside Open/Close)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS