RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Annual Assateague excursion, Spring 2010

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Annual Assateague excursion, Spring 2010

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
RICKIM

The Ocean State

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/10 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Figured I would try posting some pictures for the first time of our annual excursion to Assateague Island this year. Here goes....

Stopped at Rehoboth Beach on the way down to stretch our legs and walk around a bit. They just finished a beach and boardwalk re-hab which looks a-lot nicer than it used to.

[image]

When we arrived at Assateague SP, the first TC we see in the campground is Skip and Linda.(skipbee)
What a great couple, unfortunately we didn't see Linda this year but had a chance to talk with Skip, what a great guy with some really cool adventures to share. And Skip, if your reading this, didn't mean to laugh about the eagle and dog story in Alaska, as I am an animal lover also......but I thought that was a really cool story! I hope he will contribute that story to us all.

[image]
[image]

Here we are set up for a nice quiet weekend.

[image]

Kim is telling me to hurry up with the pictures so she can go find some ponies on the beach.

[image]

This is my sister and brother-in-laws TC, they must be out scouting for ponies already. Nothing like waiting huh?

[image]

We didn't have to wait long for our fellow campers to show up.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

This little guy would show up every day looking for a hand-out. When we told him that we couldn't give him anything, he would just lay down, hang out then fall asleep.

[image]

Some foot-prints in the sand.

[image]

Some hoof-prints in the sand.

[image]
[image]
[image]

And finally some beach pictures, we all know how much we like looking at everyones pictures.

[image]
[image]

Well thats all for now, Happy Camping and Safe Travels.

Rick

2018 AF1140 DB, 2.2KW Honda, 400 watts solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XT's,
1KW inverter, rear deck, Turbo/Maxx fans
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, EB, 19.5s, Custom TC bed, on board air, Bilsteins, Fast-guns, “The Velvet Locomotive”

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/10 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Rick~UR !

Thanks for posting the pics! It is nice to get a change of pace in the photos from a TR, and from the Left Coast too. Looks like TC life is in your family too. Please send more, as you enjoy your TC.

bryan

poriggity

Reno, Nv

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/10 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's awesome.. These are the kind of trips I can only dream to go on at this point until my truck is setup for my camper.
Scott

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, Long bed quad cab, 315x70x17 Falken AT3W, Timbren SES

No RV at the moment, but in a couple weeks will be the proud owners of a new 2019 No Boundaries 19.5 TT.

Sue Bee

NW suburbs of Chicago

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/10 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice, thanks for sharing. Love the little bay pinto with the "pawprint" spots on his (her) legs. They look to be in good shape for wild ponies.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/10 12:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rick:

Nice coverage of Assateague and environs!! Very well done!

Cheers,
Sand & Dunes

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

foosh1

Annapolis MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/10 01:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sue Bee wrote:

Nice, thanks for sharing. Love the little bay pinto with the "pawprint" spots on his (her) legs. They look to be in good shape for wild ponies.

If you're talking about one with the long silver mane, that's the one Skip's granddaughter named "The Dreamer." He's becoming a legend on Loop H (which is the only electric and water hook-up area), and that's been his territory for years, along with his mares.

He has many 1000s of fans made over the years, and we also have many pictures of him. The wild ponies of Assateauge are a national treasure, and are very well-protected by the Federal and MD-state park rangers.

08 Winnebago Journey 39Z, Cummins ISB 350 & Allison 3000MH
US Gear Unified Braking System, Blue Ox tow equipment
10 Wrangler Toad

nancyinj

At the shore in central New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/10 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the pictures. They remind me why we look forward to our trip there each September. This year we'll be in loop H site 32.

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/10 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is really cool! I devoured all the Misty of Chincoteague pony books as a kid (along with all the Black Stallion books, the Flicka books, the ... well, you get the idea). I'll have to put that place on my short list! Thanks for posting [emoticon]

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

DEcamper

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/10 02:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. My inlaws camp here every summer and sometimes we go with. It is such an enchanted place!

Nina

Todd & Nina
2009 Ford F-450 4X4, Torklifts w/Fastguns
2010 Northstar Igloo U
Honda EU2000i (Camo)

RICKIM

The Ocean State

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/10 05:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is a really fantastic place to see, visit and camp. We probably never would have thought of camping at Assateague if not for some of you people here on the TC forum. Really great information and advice that you fellow campers contribute. Thanks again. Hope to see you soon. Rick and Kim

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Annual Assateague excursion, Spring 2010
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.