RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 2011 Eighth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B8)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 2011 Eighth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B8)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Next
Sponsored By:
AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/10 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread has been created for organizing the subject rally and for discussion about the rally after the site has been selected.

Rally information at b-rally.org.

* This post was edited 01/24/11 09:01pm by AsheGuy *

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/10 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread has been created for the 2011 Eighth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B8) in the RV.net Rallies, Shows and Gatherings forum. This thread should be used for nominations for a B8 rally site and any discussion of the 2011 B8 rally. The B8 nomination process will take place during June & July and then discussion and a vote for the 2011 site will take place in August as per the Class B Rally Process.

Since we got a lot of comments at B7 about how hard it is for the casual Internet user to find the RV.net rally thread, here is some info to hopefully make it easier.

A link to the RV.net B7 and B8 threads can now be found in a prominent location on the b-rally.org website main page. Adding the b-rally.org web site to your Favorites/Bookmarks is an easy way to kill two birds with one stone, i.e. view the Class B Rally website and then with one click find a rally discussion thread. These links on the b-rally.org website will be updated as these discussion threads come and go over time.

Any members/former members of the past B Rally organizing teams or any prior rally participants feel free to jump in on this thread with comments/suggestions on the process or the B8 rally.

Any comments about the b-rally.org website can be directed to myself or Lynne (Lynne Jayzee).

Legal Lady

Boston MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/10 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's great that we're already up an running on B8! I look forward to next year's rally, wherever it is.

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/10 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only way practical to track this thread in the Rallies Forum is to subscribe to it with or without e-mail notifications because it would then be a click away under My Forums here on RV.net. Otherwise it will quickly get buried under a lot of threads you may have no interest in.

Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B
Visited states in an RV

Lynne Jayzee

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/10 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you, God, for David (AsheGuy). Please keep him and Margaret safe while they are crossing the Pacific Ocean in their LTV on their way to Hawaii. [emoticon]

- LJZ

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/10 07:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynne, you are right. David does so much of the rally work while sitting in the background and not getting anywhere near the credit for all his efforts - nor does he ask for it. He's like the glue that binds us.

Thanks David, for all that you do.

Jim Tewell
2015 Arctic Fox 811
2015 GMC Sierra Denali, 3500, Crew Cab, Standard Bed, 4WD

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/10 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was there any discussion at B7 of desired places?

charles

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/10 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As usual I'm the last one to find threads like this. David, you've come through once again, this will be much easier to follow. Thanks for everything you and Lynne have done for the Rallies and especially for all of the technical help you gave me while working on B-6.

Nick

2012 Pleasure-way Excel TS

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/10 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davydd wrote:

Was there any discussion at B7 of desired places?
My view is that a discussion of desired places is pretty much an academic exercise, it doesn't lead to a rally site. Participants that are willing to nominate a site that they will sponsor as organizer of a rally are what will lead to a rally site for the next rally. There are plenty of participants that will step up to help the person(s) that will take this lead, i.e. finding an appropriate site with the capacity for a rally, ability to reserve spaces nearly a year in advance, and a meeting pavilion able to handle a 100 people or so.

Hopefully, several will step forward this year with nominations to give us a choice for the next rally.

* This post was edited 06/12/10 05:49am by AsheGuy *

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/10 03:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynne Jayzee wrote:

Thank you, God, for David (AsheGuy). Please keep him and Margaret safe while they are crossing the Pacific Ocean in their LTV on their way to Hawaii. [emoticon]

- LJZ
Margaret said to tell you that she will not be going on the trip to Hawaii just as she didn't accompany me to Alaska. [emoticon]

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> 2011 Eighth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B8)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS