Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close
Page of 228  
Prev  |  Next

Topic: What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Posted By: Sprinks542 on 03/27/12 07:42pm

Fired up the Genny and slid the slides out. Everything came through pretty well being covered up this winter. Getting it ready for Easter weekend. 1st trip of the year then trout season starting in April.

15 Ford F-350 DRW PSD CC
17 417 Fuzion
15 Xds Turbo Maverick.
13 Maverick X rs
07 Can-Am Outlander 800
08 Can-Am Renegade 500

Posted By: Vulcanmars on 03/27/12 08:29pm

Use it to study after dinner. (Nice and quiet out in the front yard.)

Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

Posted By: aemedic on 03/27/12 08:32pm

Vulcanmars wrote:

Use it to study after dinner. (Nice and quiet out in the front yard.)

That is how I finished my Master's...

Chris

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380

Posted By: Happy Prospector on 03/28/12 08:39am

1L243 wrote:

Macetator when boondocking?

I use the macerator to pump waste into a blueboy type tank, in back of the truck, to dump. I full time and this is much easier than to pack up the trailer to go to the dump station. Life is great when every day is a Saturday.

Kevin

Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

Posted By: BobWanderer on 03/28/12 11:10am

Happy Prospector wrote:

1L243 wrote:

Macetator when boondocking?

I use the macerator to pump waste into a blueboy type tank, in back of the truck, to dump. I full time and this is much easier than to pack up the trailer to go to the dump station. Life is great when every day is a Saturday.

Kevin

I use mine on longer trips to empty the tanks into a 55 gal barrel in the bed of the truck. Usually just the "grey" tank.

2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

Posted By: 1L243 on 04/13/12 09:49pm

Of course you will have to follow whatever directions that come with your AC.

Adding a second AC to garage area.

I have a 15k BTU but needed a little more for those really hot days. I have been wanting to do this for a while but just did not want to spend the big bucks for a new AC. I have been watching Craigslist and finally found a unit the same brand and style. A Dometic Duo Therm that was in really good shape. It is a 11000 BTU with heat strip. The Price was right so I bought it.

My Toy Hauler has 50 amp service and was prewired from the factory for a second AC which included a seperate circuit breaker and electrical junction box at the rear garage vent.

First You have to remove the vent and all the sealer that the factory poors over the screws on the roof.

Don't get anything sharp near your roof. You can use a metal putty knife to remove the sealer as long as you stay on the top of the vent flange...Repeat don't go near the ceiling with this tool.

[image]

When you expose the screw heads you can use your cordless drill to get them out. Mine were square head and there were alot of them.
[image]

Once you have the screws removed you can use a plastic putty knife but even these I would take off the corners.
[image]

When you think you got as much sealer off as you can use the plastic putty knife to pry under the vent flange.

[image]

When you get the vent removed you will have to clean up the area around the vent hole.

[image]

You may want to seal the holes left by the old vent. These should be coverd by the AC gasket but you can't be too safe. I have an aluminum roof. I used a strip of aluminum foil tape. It will be under the AC gasket so should be OK. I have heard that a little sealent on each hole would be ok or even putting flat head screws back in the holes till they were flush. I also read that if the gasket sits over the holes you dont have to do anything. I did not like that idea.

[image]

Prepare the AC. I cleaned it all up and cleaned the shroud.

[image]

I wish I had got a picture of us lifting the AC up to the roof. Took four guys, two 8 foot ladders. So you don't damage the AC gasket you dont want to slide the AC along the roof. Get it over the hole as close as you can then you can center it from below by lifting up and moving it a fraction one way or the other.
[image]

Work on the inside.

I have a 6 inch ceiling so I had to order the optional bolt and duct kit. There are four bolts that clamp the AC to the Roof. Mine were 1/4"x 8" . The scary part is just how tight should the bolts be? The instructions say 50 inch lbs of torque or till gasket is 1/2". I did 35 inch pounds. It passed the water hose test. I ran wire from the factory provided junction box and used aluminum duct tape on all cracks and voids. I installed the inside control panel.

[image]

Inside complete
[image]

Check circuit breaker
[image]

Done
[image]

2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

Posted By: Securiti on 04/14/12 03:27am

1L243 wrote:

Of course you will have to follow whatever directions that come with your AC.

Adding a second AC to garage area.

I have a 15k BTU but needed a little more for those really hot days. I have been wanting to do this for a while but just did not want to spend the big bucks for a new AC. I have been watching Craigslist and finally found a unit the same brand and style. A Dometic Duo Therm that was in really good shape. It is a 11000 BTU with heat strip. The Price was right so I bought it.

My Toy Hauler has 50 amp service and was prewired from the factory for a second AC which included a seperate circuit breaker and electrical junction box at the rear garage vent.

First You have to remove the vent and all the sealer that the factory poors over the screws on the roof.

Don't get anything sharp near your roof. You can use a metal putty knife to remove the sealer as long as you stay on the top of the vent flange...Repeat don't go near the ceiling with this tool.

[image]

When you expose the screw heads you can use your cordless drill to get them out. Mine were square head and there were alot of them.
[image]

Once you have the screws removed you can use a plastic putty knife but even these I would take off the corners.
[image]

When you think you got as much sealer off as you can use the plastic putty knife to pry under the vent flange.

[image]

When you get the vent removed you will have to clean up the area around the vent hole.

[image]

You may want to seal the holes left by the old vent. These should be coverd by the AC gasket but you can't be too safe. I have an aluminum roof. I used a strip of aluminum foil tape. It will be under the AC gasket so should be OK. I have heard that a little sealent on each hole would be ok or even putting flat head screws back in the holes till they were flush. I also read that if the gasket sits over the holes you dont have to do anything. I did not like that idea.

[image]

Prepare the AC. I cleaned it all up and cleaned the shroud.

[image]

I wish I had got a picture of us lifting the AC up to the roof. Took four guys, two 8 foot ladders. So you don't damage the AC gasket you dont want to slide the AC along the roof. Get it over the hole as close as you can then you can center it from below by lifting up and moving it a fraction one way or the other.
[image]

Work on the inside.

I have a 6 inch ceiling so I had to order the optional bolt and duct kit. There are four bolts that clamp the AC to the Roof. Mine were 1/4"x 8" . The scary part is just how tight should the bolts be? The instructions say 50 inch lbs of torque or till gasket is 1/2". I did 35 inch pounds. It passed the water hose test. I ran wire from the factory provided junction box and used aluminum duct tape on all cracks and voids. I installed the inside control panel.

[image]

Inside complete
[image]

Check circuit breaker
[image]

Done
[image]

Nice Job!!!

Pictures of all
1996 Dodge 3500
4.88 Gears
GearVender Transmission
Extra 115 Gal Fuel tank
Banks Power Kit
K&N Air filter
5 Inch Exhaust
2007 Wide Open Endura Max

kevin.emerick@facebook.com

Posted By: ASB 77 on 04/14/12 07:22pm

I changed my black water dump valve so it no longer dribbles on the ground, and the fan in the bathroom that flew apart when the previous owner was showing me around the day I bought it (about 2 months ago).

Posted By: RickSo on 04/15/12 04:55pm

Installed 705 watt solar system this week. [emoticon]

[image]

Rick
----------------------------------------
2015 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, 500/1850
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4x4 Dually
2012 Excel W41GKE Wild Cargo Toy Hauler
2010 BMW K1300GT / 2008 BMW R1200GS
2016 Polaris RZR 1000S

Posted By: 1L243 on 04/15/12 05:38pm

Wow, Nice! I have always wondered how do those panes hold up in a hail storm?

Print  |  Close
Page of 228  
Prev  |  Next