|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Last Chance Get Away Of 2009.part8

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/10 09:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last Chance Get away of 2009

Our original plan was to visit Yosemite National Park and explore the surrounding area, but due to the spreading fire we change our plans at the time. After much discussion and some Internet searching it was decided to go a couple of areas that we hadn’t ever been to and re-visit a couple of national parks we’ve been to before.

Zion Nation Park
Part 8
Leaving Zion, Hello Bryce

Oct.04, 2009

Julie and I were up early this morning, it was cooler than previous morning that we’ve had since our arrival. Dark clouds brought in the morning chill to the point I thought it was going to snow, but it didn’t. As usual Julie in the kitchen making our breakfast and I’m outside snapping some morning photos.
[image]
Click on pic for video
[image]

Saying good-bye to some of the folks we met at Mosquito Cove we head out and to Springdale to find a laundry facility, which we did.
[image]

While the machines cleaned our clothes and dried them, Julie and I walked across the street for of all things some ice cream. Watching the above clouds float on by, the sun spayed some rosy light on them.
[image]

Laundry done and loaded up in their storage bins off we go re-entering Zion.
[image]

The Human Museum would be our last stopping point in Zion before leaving out through the east entrance.
[image]
[image]

Arriving to a quite parking area we saw that the flag was at half stall, we would learn it was for some fallen firefighters.
Julie and I only spent a short time here looking at a few things
[image]
[image]

The road up to Zion tunnel has always provide us with eye pleasing views
[image]
[image]

Once you get close enough a view port in the above tunnel can be spotted from the roadway as well as this arch in the making.
[image]
[image]

As usual we have a line to wait in before getting our turn to go through Zion’s Tunnel. The driver in the car in front of me is very impatient and leaves the line, heading back down. He should have waited; it’s our turn now.
[image]
[image]
click on pic for video
[image]

Julie was hoping that the little parking area upon exiting the tunnel would have room for us, but that was not to be.
[image]

Just driving through Zion’s hiway9 there is plenty of eye candy to be seen.
[image]
[image]

Zion’s east entrance is in sight and the flag is being blown straight out from the flagpole.
[image]

Wind blown dirt would follow us for most of the rest of the day. Julie point out restaurant I’d been talking about, making sure I wouldn’t miss it. Let’s stop there for lunch says I and we did.
[image]
[image]

The Buffalo Grill turn out to be a very good restaurant and high quality food, for they raise all their own buffalo. Julie had order a BLT (buffalo, tomato& lettuce) sandwich.
[image]

While I had one of their out standing buffalo buglers with a egg on top, both meals came with house salads that were as out standing as the sandwiches.
[image]

Finishing our wonderful meal we hit the road making our way to Hwy89N and the wind would play with us most of our joinery to Bryce.
[image]
[image]

Hwy89 is a fine road to drive with a good number of southbound TCs
[image]
[image]

As we near Hwy12 on Hwy89 the valley opens up with a flowing river running besides the hi-way.
[image]

Making our turn on Hwy12 the reddish mountains ahead come up quickly as our road threads its way through a couple of arches.
[image]
[image]

Bryce being a few short clicks from here, a few things have changed here since our last visit, but not too many.
[image]
[image]

Finding a campsite for our rig was of no problem, for North Campground had few visitors. After setting up our rig at our chosen site we took a little walk along the rim heading north.
[image]
[image]

The little summit was soon reached giving us a fanatic panoramic view of the east side.
[image]
[image]

I was scanning around when I noticed that the above clouds had some color to them. The clouds where acting much like a prism as sunlight travels through it.
[image]

Wandering back to our site a few birds have invaded our site and didn’t seem to be much afraid of our presents. I had a reason for picking this site, for it’s the same site we had from our first visit to Bryce NP.
[image]

Dark skies were approaching quick enough as the as the retreated behind the far away mountain and I can hear dinner calling my name. Morning would come fast as it is and we are getting up early so I can shot some dawn risen photos of the Grotto at Bryce Point, till tomorrow good night.
[image]

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

DEcamper

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/10 02:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You and Julie always have such serene, peaceful trips. I really envy you!
Thanks for the pictures,

Nina

Todd & Nina
2009 Ford F-450 4X4, Torklifts w/Fastguns
2010 Northstar Igloo U
Honda EU2000i (Camo)

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/10 04:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice, thank you. Neat "click on picture for video" thingy.
Steve

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Last Chance Get Away Of 2009.part8
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.