|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Thetford toiled valve leak

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
RandK-M

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/10 02:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Discovered a leak on the toilet water valve over the weekend while camping. I have a new Jayco 17Z and there was an intermittent leak on the Thetford Aqua magic V toilet. I called Thetford to verify the part number since it would be easier and cost less in gas to replace the valve myself, rather than taking it to the dealer under warranty.

Thetford said they had a batch of bad valves and they would send me a new one at no charge. Apparently, the Aqua Magic V and several other newer models use this valve and it has a built in vacuum breaker. Some of them develop leaks out of the vacuum breaker, but they have since corrected the manufacturing problem.

I just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has an issue. The valve part number in question is 31705. They actually call it a water module assembly.

Ray

Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

Trailer Trash 2

Santa Fe Springs, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/10 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Ray for the information I'll right that part number down.

Don & Georgia
AKA: Trailer Trash 2
Real trucks don't have spark plugs.
2009, Dodge, 3500, Q Cab, Cum/Diesel, D.R.W.
Pulling a Super Fine Montana 2980RL

nbounder

Arizona mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/10 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A WATER MODULE ASSEMBLY?? The dude who thought up that name should be promoted to janitor, class D.

Nbounder
KG7DKF

VirtualGarage

Vancouver, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/10 09:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a coincidence. When we took our TT for it's shakedown trip last weekend we noticed a leak in the toilet. It only occurs when we try to fill the bowl with fresh water. I took a picture of the toilet this afternoon so that I could email my dealer and show them where the leak was. It sounds exactly like what you describe.

[image]

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali ~ 2010 Keystone Premier 31BHPR ~ Sold: 2009 Tango 289BH
ProPride 3P Hitch ~ RV Modifications ~ Gear & Accessories ~ Road Trip 2010

RandK-M

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/10 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VirtualGarage wrote:

What a coincidence. When we took our TT for it's shakedown trip last weekend we noticed a leak in the toilet. It only occurs when we try to fill the bowl with fresh water. I took a picture of the toilet this afternoon so that I could email my dealer and show them where the leak was. It sounds exactly like what you describe.

[image]

Yup, That's where mine was leaking. Just not every time it was flushed. Seemed intermittent. It's over an hour to my dealer, so I was just going to buy the valve for my own convenience. I got prices online as low as $25.00 Amazon I think. But, Thetford is aware of the problem and sending it to me at no cost.

Also, if you call Thetford, They asked for the VIN number and the serial number + Model number from that silver sticker on the toilet.

Ray

CampinEarls

Schertz, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/10 01:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks! Mine does the same thing!

2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

WEREGEL

Upstate NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/10 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holly Cow! I love this place!

I have had a number of water supply leaks, as well as other small annoyances, in my brand new Wildwood. Loose feed pipes under sinks, miss installed and pinched toilet seal. Mostly factory build or complete lack of prep-inspection at the dealer problems. Took delivery in February, freezing weather, winterized system, etc. I have been learning all about TT plumbing and other construction bits since it's not worth the 120 mile round trip and weeks of waiting to have the dealer do minor warranty repairs.

Mid way in our first trip the toilet supply valve stuck open and if my granddaughter had not noticed we would have flooded the place. Then we found the valve leaking a bit when you opened it for water. Now it is leaking like a sieve from the same place at the top when you open it. Just as I was deciding where to order a new water valve when I found this thread while searching for parts and re-build instructions. I will be pulling my numbers tonight and calling Thetford tomorrow to see if this unit fits their problem.

Thank you RandK-M!

2012 F350 Crew Cab 4X4 6.2L Gas "Surf Fishing Beach Truck"
2010 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS

WEREGEL

Upstate NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/10 08:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spoke to Thetford today and was very impressed. For anyone with this issue, please note that you don't need to pull the unit or crane your neck to get the SN and MOD info off the label. I peels right off. I temporarily stuck it on plastic to be able to put it back later.

Thetford has an 800 number right on the label sticker(1-800-521-3032). It took about 2 min. on hold to get to a very helpful representative, who took the TT information (make/model/vin#) and the model and serial number on the toilet. After a couple seconds clicking keys, he then told me what my problem probably was and was exactly correct, water shooting out of the top of the valve. and also make sure of his assumption that since I was calling myself I would have no problem installing it myself and gave me a confirmation number and said a replacement will be on its way. Very pleasant to deal with.

Pending its actual arrival in a timely manner, they get an A+ for customer service in my book.

VirtualGarage

Vancouver, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/10 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I had it at the dealership and despite sending them that picture and explaining how it leaked, they told me they had it hooked up for hours and couldn't find a problem.

I'll probably have to fill my fresh water tank and test it out again, or perhaps call Thetford myself because it's a hassle taking it in for service.

Gallifrey

Omaha, Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/10 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same thing is happening to me on my brand new KZ Spree. Thanks for the info! I'll also call Thetford myself since it would be far more work to take haul the entire trailer to the dealer (where they may or may not find the leak since it's intermittent) than to install the replacement part myself.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Thetford toiled valve leak
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS