|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Hornet Reservoir, Idaho

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
brianjw

Here and There

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/10 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The truck looks great, looks like a good trip!
I think I already told you, but I am really happy with the Detroit rear locker and Eaton elocker in front of my f150.

2006 F150 SuperCrew FX4 - Bilsteins, Hellwig sway bar, Firestone air bags, BFG KM2s, 4.56 gears, F&R lockers, Torklifts w/ Fastguns
2011 Travel Lite 700

Matho

New Mexico Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/10 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now I get to say "Lucky Dog". Yea, I would believe those were tough roads, they look darn right exciting.
I bet you got the Jeep folks thinking.

Thanks for the report.

2015 Chevy 3500 SRW 4X4 6.0 CC SB Big Wig 2016 Northstar Laredo SC Off Road

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/10 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Idahoan wrote:

Looks like a place I'd love to CAMP! But I got the toy hauler, so no way I'd make it back there. Might settle for riding the quads up there and just checking it out. To get there would you happen to take a left where 95 takes a right at Ronnies grocery and head up hornet creek road. I've camped up there once, but cant't even remember the creek we camped by. That is the area I am going to be living in in 3 years so will get to know it well!

Yep. That's the right road!!

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/10 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was thinking looking at the first few pics if you had let some air out of the tires for the traction and softer ride. Glad you made it up the hill without much trouble, but I can feel your panic attack, especially if the jeepers had already left.

Thanks for taking the time to share the story and pics. Looks like a great place I would love to find.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

stump_breaker

Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/10 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice!

Idahoan

Layton, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/10 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a place I'd love to CAMP! But I got the toy hauler, so no way I'd make it back there. Might settle for riding the quads up there and just checking it out. To get there would you happen to take a left where 95 takes a right at Ronnies grocery and head up hornet creek road. I've camped up there once, but cant't even remember the creek we camped by. That is the area I am going to be living in in 3 years so will get to know it well!

2017 RAM 3500 CTD
2017 Sandstorm 286GSLR
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 450
2017 YZ250FX
2011 KTM 250XC
2013 Kawasaki KLX140

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/10 09:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice report.
Sorry about the fishing rod, may it RIP.
J&K

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/10 11:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pics. But it DOES prove I am not nuts enough to be a fisherman. And it is too late in life for me to start. [emoticon]
Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

Owyheedog

Weiser, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/10 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm impressed. I went into Hornet Res. a couple of years ago in my Jeep and debated whether I would take my truck sans a camper in there so that I could haul my pontoon boats and decided it was too rough. Now I feel like a wimp. In fact I just got home from the Yellowpine Harmonica Festival and kept crying like a baby about the washboards!

2001 Dodge 3500 DRW, 2010 Outfitter Apex 9.5, 99 Jeep TJ dragging behind.

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/10 10:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DJ, don't feel bad about loosing a rod....That's happened lots with my son, when he was little, and myself.
Here's a little story about loosing something more than a $100 rod/reel.

Years ago we were up on a nice bass lake near Sacramento. The fishing day was just about over and the sun was almost down. I cast into a deep pool area near the shore and BANG, fish on!!!! Told my son this is a biggie!!!! The "Chinese Fire Drill" began. I handed the rod to my son, ran, stumbled, crawled to the front of the boat to get the camera.....Not just a little camera nor cheap.....why bring a cheapie....Got that big/expensive Minolta with a nice lens....Well I grabbed it, fumbled it un-like Jerry Rice and dropped the damn thing into 30 ft of water...CRAP....
The fish was the biggest we had ever caught...2+lb....We normally throw them back to catch another day....Well no one would believe that I caught this on so we took it home. took pix's, put it in the freezer to take it to the taxidermy....Well that's the end of the story....we ate that $400 fish.

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Hornet Reservoir, Idaho
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.