|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Our first trip- Front Royal, VA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/10 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice! Our first trip in our camper, was driving it back from where we bought it in Connecticutt - I spent a night in Philly at a Wallmart and the Philly airport lot picking up my wife, and then our first real night was in Front Royal on the river. I woke up and realized I was in a John Denver song! It did seem like an area I could see spending more time, if we would have had it. Did you do any driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway?

We'll be at Carlsbad caverns this weekend - so the cave pictures are timely for us - can't wait!

2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

okeehandyman

south florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/10 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thx for the pix of your trip. We love the caverns. Also formerly from DE. Next time you yearn for those sights, I suggest a trip out to Carlsbad, NM.

DEcamper

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/10 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad you enjoyed our trip, because I really enjoy going on all of yours. Eventually, we hope to really visit some of the places we read about here. And your point of views help us decide if we may want to visit that area or not. I hope the way we write our stories help you decide too.

BT, we haven't been on the BR parkway, but we did drive most of Skyline drive last summer. It is gorgeous up there in the mountains and we will return one day when we have more time to explore.

Nina

Todd & Nina
2009 Ford F-450 4X4, Torklifts w/Fastguns
2010 Northstar Igloo U
Honda EU2000i (Camo)

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/10 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DEcamper wrote:

BT, we haven't been on the BR parkway, but we did drive most of Skyline drive last summer. It is gorgeous up there in the mountains and we will return one day when we have more time to explore.
Nina

I was thinking Skyline Drive is a "part" of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We just drove the first two sections of Skyline Drive southward and the last third was close due to snow/ice (it was January.) The list keeps getting longer rather than shorter, huh? [emoticon]

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Our first trip- Front Royal, VA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.