|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC Caravan through Nova Scotia

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/10 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've started out on our long awaited Truck Camper rolling Jamboree/Caravan through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We've headed up early with fellow truck camper friends Toni/Ron and Fran/Chuck. First time ever crossing the border into Canada, we were asked to go into the customs building to have our passports "verified". Pleasant man took the passports, asked questions and we must have answered okay because we were sent on our way with an "Eh, Enjoy Canada".

Camped for the night on the Bay of Fundy in St. Andrews, NB. Tide was full in when we arrived followed quickly by a pretty heavy rainstorm. By the time we got set up and remembered the camera, the tide was racing out.

[image]

Feels so good to have this crisp, cool air after our hot summer in Maine. here's a view out the camper door after the rain.

[image]

To start our journey off well, we even got a gorgeous rainbow over the Bay with the tide full out.

[image]

Tomorrow we six will walk into St. Andrews and play tourist before heading off to the ferry from St. John to Digby, Nova Scotia.

2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

LanceCamper845

Pocono Mountains, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/10 05:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enjoy your trip and drive safe. We will be thinking about you guy's. Keep sending pictures.

Jim & Cathy

2008 Ford F-250 Crew-Cab w/ Camper Package
6.8L V-10 / 5 Speed TorqShift / 4.10 Rear
Ride- Rites / Stable- Loads / TorkLift Tie Downs / Fast Guns
2011 Lance 830

JerBear

Kingston,Nova Scotia,Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/10 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't wait to see you all Saturday! Have a great trip here. We are in full-out packing mode tomorrow! Looking forward to happy hour on Saturday!
Cheers! Paula and Jerry

2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/10 07:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Give us pictures so we can travel with ya.....One of these days we will do that run too..

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/10 05:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Photos later. Wifi was very iffy until this AM when we are ready to roll.

Nova Scotia September 11, 2010

Three more TCs rolled into St. Andrews, New Brunswick after a trek up from MA. I think they were a bit surprised at Route 9 known as the Airline out of Bangor. That is the beginning of the Great North Woods and an immense space of trees, lakes, wildlife and loggers.

We left timing the drive up to Digby so that we were in plenty of time for the ferry. Here's the rather impressive line up of TCs waiting to get on the ferry. At the end of the line is a pop-up from Ohio who was rather amazed to see that many rigs in one place. Lots of fun to see the stares and interest in the campers and we gave tours and handed out business cards of places to buy campers.

[image]

Ferry was much larger than I had anticipated and actually still had room for vehicles. Our group has many retired Navy and Coast Guardsmen but they didn't need their sea legs as the crossing was smooth as glass. We spent much time up on the decks watching the approach of Nova Scotia.

[image]

We were greeted at the landing by Farctic Ox (Ted and Cheryl) who were taking those arrival photos cruise passengers usually cringe about. After the obligatory grocery and fuel stop we caravan over to Dunromin Campground next to Annapolis Royal, NS.

[image]

Tomorrow we'll all split and head to craft fairs, a tidal power station exhibit, to roam through historic gardens and view restored town buildings. Our hosts, Jerry and Paula, have arranged a dinner of local Nova Scotia foods for a welcome gathering.

* This post was edited 09/13/10 05:40am by TwoMaineiacs *

BugsRLB

NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/10 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were in that same parking lot a few weeks back. [emoticon]
Lane 6, slot 1.

2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

Little Kopit

TheMaritimes.ca

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/10 10:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EEEEEEEEEKKKK!!! I sure hope you're doing more of New Brunswick on the way back. Acadian Historical Village, Kings Landing, Saint John City Market, Hopewell Rocks, Kings Landing, Grand Manan Island, Campobello Island, to name a few.

Still I hope you get to fortress at Louisoburg faster than I did. For all my years living in NS and NL (24.5 years) I was always going to go to Louisbourg the last thing before the ferry. Only the home bug would bite. Finally, at about year 22 I went there first & it's a must, must, must, must MUST SEE.

Coastal road in Maine is not only most scenic, but coolest, says one who used to own land near Lubec.

[emoticon]

& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Seacraft Skipper

Lakeville, MA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/10 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were up at St Andrew last month and stopped at Campabellow Isl. for the night at beautiful Provinchal Park on the Isl. I think there were about 200 sites with only six of them occupied, what a shame. It had a salt water beach and a public golf course right across the street. Now we were asked for our passports since Campabellow is a Canadian Isl. even though the only way to get there is over a bridge from Lubec Maine, unless you come by private boat. The Rooseavelt Summer Home is worth the stop. Kind of unusual isn't to have an American Presidents summer home in Canada? Great trip to make, we go to PEI that way sometimes. Good luck to all.
Pat and Bob

Seacraft Skipper
"Semper Paratus"
2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 ExCab L/b Air lift A/B.
2002 Lance Lite 915.
1972 20ft Seacraft Sport Fish.

Seacraft Skipper

Lakeville, MA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/10 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just remembered something from our trip. We returning across the border, the customs guy said are you bringing anything back that you bought in Canada? We thought for a second and said no. He said he just wanted to walk through our TC. I unlocked the door and we went in. He said what are these? There were three tomatoes on the counter with stickers on them that said "Product of Canada" but we bought them at home before we left. Guess what, they took them anyway and it wasn't worth having a discussion about. I did say we bought them at home but it didn't make any difference. I hope he had a nice tomato sandwich for lunch.
Bob

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/10 12:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TwoMaineiacs wrote:

We've started out on our long awaited Truck Camper rolling Jamboree/Caravan through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We've headed up early with fellow truck camper friends Toni/Ron and Fran/Chuck. First time ever crossing the border into Canada, we were asked to go into the customs building to have our passports "verified". Pleasant man took the passports, asked questions and we must have answered okay because we were sent on our way with an "Eh, Enjoy Canada".

You making fun of us....EH!!

Have a great trip, hopefully the weather holds for you.

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC Caravan through Nova Scotia
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.