|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Norcold Door Alarm

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
NorCal Dan

Ocean Park, WA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/10 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Recently my Norcold 1210IM has started giving a door alarm. I think the right side door is not sealing correctly because when I push on it the alarm stops. Also noticing dripping water inside.

I'm looking for directions for adjusting the door strike. The manual says to adjust it, but it doesn't say how to do it. Can anybody tell me how to do it?

'13 Ram 2500Hemi pulling '12 Coachman Chaparral -- USAF Retired --

Pokey2

Bel Marin Keys, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/10 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since nobody else has responded, I will get things going.

Dripping water sounds like a a faulty door seal. Your fridge is bigger than mine (“right side door”; I have only one door), but I just went out and looked at my Norcold fridge. Easy to enlarge the door opening (a shim under the latch bracket), but no way I can see to make it tighter.

Are your fridge door gaskets in good shape, and clean? All I can think of. More knowledgeable posters can and, I hope, will chime in.

Good luck!

Chris

Old Blue

New York USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/10 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

when our alarm sounded the tech. put a small bumper,like a small chunk of thin sticky one side rubber, on the inside of the door where the alarm switch is located. that stopped the alarm, but also make sure that the door is really shut tight, give it an extra little push to be sure.
Bill

Bill
36 Holiday Rambler
Harley Rider

imgoin4it

Alamogordo, NM USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/10 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would try the shim on the switch that shuts off the interior light first. It is a small hinged switch on the top of the refer door opening so that when the door is closed it hits the switch and shuts off the light. The reason I say do this first is because if the light is on, it thinks the door is open and shuts off the refer. It also starts beeping at that time. The dripping water sounds like the refer is getting warm inside, but I would almost bet it is not because the door is not sealing tight but rather the refer is shutting off because the door is not hitting and shutting off that. There is also a way to shim the whole door up, but that did not fix mine. The light switch shim did. A thin piece of white plastic and some double side tape was still working on mine after 5 years.

Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

tkcas01

Roaming Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/10 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also make sure there is nothing too deep for the shelves that the door bins hit when you close the doors. Any pressure like that is enough to make the alarm sound.

Roaming Full Timer

bobrobs

SCHDY

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/10 09:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1200lrim has magnetic hall switches to tell it that the door is closed all of the way. If I remember, you adjust the strikers in the door frame via 2 phillips screws. Remember, something pushing on the plastic door on these models can warp the door and screw things up royaly.

NorCal Dan

Ocean Park, WA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/10 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. My unit uses the light switch to determine if the right side door is shut. I have determined that the rt. door has dropped just enough to allow the door to not hit the light switch. I contacted NorCold (Thetford) and they said to shim the door. I have used a rubber washer and it helps until I can find some teflon washers.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Norcold Door Alarm
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.