RV.Net Open Roads Forum: No Pressure Under High Pressure (this could take a while)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> No Pressure Under High Pressure (this could take a while)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/10 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awesome, great post!

One hint for cool mornings/warm days; zip-off pant legs...yeah, I know...they are geeky...but they work!

Bill

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Nemo667

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/10 09:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As always, I enjoyed your trip report and pictures. Thanks for posting.

2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon

weymard

NORMANDY

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/10 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Splendid landscapes ! and your comments are , as always, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I stick the link on a french forum [emoticon]

FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

Clarryhill

Midcoast Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/10 12:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seldom, fabulous pics as usual!! Really appreciate the trip report on yet another beautiful place to visit. Green with envy over here in the Northeast.
You definately had me going there waiting for each next picture, knowing that there was going to be one of a little munchkin griz sooner or later...Thanks again and Good Traveling

2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/10 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the wonderful trip report. It was a great escape for me while eating lunch at my windowless desk today. I enjoyed the story and the scenic (and even the ... uh ... not so scenic) photos [emoticon]

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/10 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing your adventure... you did an unbelievably good job of keeping us hooked on your every step. the pictures are awsum

Sleepy

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

spacedoutbob

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/10 11:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful pictures and trip report. I always look forward to your photos and reports and realize what I am missing. Thanks again for posting.

Bob in Calif.

Good Sam Club Life Member

dadwolf2

Henderson,NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/10 11:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

DonCurley

La Sal, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/10 11:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric,

Another great trip with your typical great write-up & pics (which I have to admit I have gotten out of the habit of doing for our trips). Anyway, we were in a number of the Abajo Mountain areas you explored when we were there in May when we also did the Cathedral Point & Beef Basin areas.

We also just got back from a 5 day trip with our friends & neighbors where we went down past Natural Bridges, onto Halls Crossing, took our campers on the ferry across the Colorado River to Bullfrog, hit the Burr Trail along the eastern side of Capitol Reef, onto Boulder, up the Hells Backbone road to Posy Lake on the Aquarius Plateau, and finished up by heading back through Capitol Reef/Hanksville/Green River and camped at Crystal Geyser (which erupted quite nicely in the early morning hours for us). When we got home Monday afternoon, the extended high was breaking down in a major way and a lot of the areas we had just been camping in and traveling through then proceeded to get absolutely hammered with major thunderstorms and mega rain ... so we were glad we weren't still there (or we would probably still be stuck there).

Of course, you outdid that with the 4 tornadoes hitting just west of your home base in Flagstaff. Crazy weather this fall!

Don

-'07 Dodge 3500/QC/SB/SRW/4x4/6.7L CTD/6-spd auto/35" Toyo MT's/Ride-Rite air bags/RS9000XL shocks
-'07 Apex 8 fully optioned w/220W solar/2 T-145's/2KW Prosine/Honda EU2000i/Tundra fridge/AC/etc
-'00 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4, highly modified w/5.9L Magnum V8

seldomseensmith

Flagstaff, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/10 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DonCurley wrote:

Of course, you outdid that with the 4 tornadoes hitting just west of your home base in Flagstaff. Crazy weather this fall!

I got home Tuesday night as the storm was reaching a crescendo. Of course Wednesday was the wildest, with tornadoes hitting the ground less than 10 miles from the house. Not something you expect in northern Arizona, and I watched very nervously out the window much of the day as reports of damaging wind and hail kept rolling in.

With the amount of rain that the whole region received it could not have been good for the areas that got hammered earlier in the year. Makes me wonder what kind of shape things will be in next spring?

The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> No Pressure Under High Pressure (this could take a while)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.