RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Whale at Boiler Bay, OR. (Pics)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Whale at Boiler Bay, OR. (Pics)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 12:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We took these pictures back in August. I didn't bother posting because I've already posted the same trip twice. I decided to post just the stuff that is new so as to not repeat myself.
We were at the regretful part of our latest trip to Oregon, you know, the part where you have to pack up and go home and back to work. We decided to pull into the Boiler Bay lookout and enjoy the view. I saw a whale right next to the cliff line along the shore below so I ran to get my camera, put on my 400mm lens in hopes of getting a good shot and after about a twenty minute wait, payoff.

Whale watching boat.
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

And then the whale was gone.
[image]

We stayed a night at Devils Lake SP in Lincoln City and found it to be a nice place for being in the middle of a city. Small city that is.
Devils Lake SP Info.
[image]

[image]

[image]

Couldn't resist. Had to eat at the tourist trap.
[image]

The competition.
[image]

On the boardwalk in Lincoln City.
[image]

Love those Oregon Beaches.
[image]

Interesting dead weathered tree at the RV dump but can't remember the name of the SP sorry.
[image]

Kelli loves to take pictures of old barns even if she barely grabs the camera in time and frames it against the camper jack.
[image]

This is better.
[image]

[image]

One more blur for the road.
[image]

Charlie getting some fresh air.
[image]

Chipmunks are very interesting. Charlie refers to them as "Code 1 Rodent Alerts".
[image]

This was at a nice little USFS CG we spent two days at because it was so peaceful and relaxing.
[image]

Right out our door plus a few steps.
[image]

Kelli just loves her Charlie.
[image]

Beautiful trees in this CG.
[image]

Old railroad service building.
[image]

Old Theater.
[image]

Another old Barn
[image]

Mt Rainier. You know you're almost home when cell towers dot the skyline.
[image]

We have been lucky to see whales along the coast before but this was the best we've had for photos.
Really hoping for bad weather and wind next weekend so I can go to the coast and storm watch. We had a great storm this weekend but I couldn't get out to enjoy it.
J&K

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Blind Bob

N.W. Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 01:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old barns and storms. They really don't go together unless you're looking for both of 'em. I can just imagine you running to get the camera when the whale showed up.
Thanks for posting the report.

2010 F250 extended cab long bed.

1972 Amerigo

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pictures. That would be a thrill to be in an inflatable boat next to a whale(s)...

weymard

NORMANDY

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the pictures ! Very nice ! I love Charlie !

FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

rbanuchi

Boca Raton

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

great photo's!! We are talking about going out to Oregon and Washington State. Can you tell us the best area's for whale watching along the coast. We will head to San Juan Islands of Washington State beginning from the Redwood Forest of Northern California. thanks for any information on Oregon!!!( In early June )

brianjw

Here and There

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 05:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh man that is depressing. I grew up in Lincoln City, lived outside of Portland for years. I took this damn job in Kentucky two years ago, can't wait to move on and get back home!

2006 F150 SuperCrew FX4 - Bilsteins, Hellwig sway bar, Firestone air bags, BFG KM2s, 4.56 gears, F&R lockers, Torklifts w/ Fastguns
2011 Travel Lite 700

louiskathy

Oregon (presently)

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good job on the whale pics! If you want to share pics like these with some other RV'rs that enjoy sharing photo's, check out www.rvpics.com
and if you are REALLY interested in some fine pics, check out www.shutteraddict.com

If you want to see what the waves looked like on the Oregon coast yesterday, Here's mine:

Click on my pics

Kathy

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 09:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

louiskathy wrote:

Good job on the whale pics! If you want to share pics like these with some other RV'rs that enjoy sharing photo's, check out www.rvpics.com
and if you are REALLY interested in some fine pics, check out www.shutteraddict.com

If you want to see what the waves looked like on the Oregon coast yesterday, Here's mine:

Click on my pics

Nice pictures on your page. I know a little about your vantage point near Tillamook. Just a quick drop in. As good as the pictures are, it's still not the same as being there. You're lucky to have seen it. Thanks for the picture link suggestions. I'll check then out.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 09:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rbanuchi wrote:

great photo's!! We are talking about going out to Oregon and Washington State. Can you tell us the best area's for whale watching along the coast. We will head to San Juan Islands of Washington State beginning from the Redwood Forest of Northern California. thanks for any information on Oregon!!!( In early June )

Whale watching, SW Washington Coast.
Other good travel info at this link.

In the San Juan Islands, there are Killer Whales all year. Oregon coast is easier to get to than Washington coast, Especially the NW Washington coast. In the NW area you would probably want to spend time in the Olympic Mtns. Look me up when you get closer to leaving and if you have any other questions, I'll try to give you some pointers.

J&K

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/10 09:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

weymard wrote:

Thanks for the pictures ! Very nice ! I love Charlie !

Thanks Weymard.
Hope the strike situations in France aren't effecting you.
Charlie is a pretty good cat. When we first got him at 2 years old. He was wild and unapproachable. He was in a home situation that wasn't working for him. It took a full month before we were able to touch him. With a lot of patience, he has become one of the best mannered cats I've ever had.
Take care, J&K

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Whale at Boiler Bay, OR. (Pics)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.