RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Yellowstone ~ Everyone remembers their first time . . Trip Report, that is

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Yellowstone ~ Everyone remembers their first time . . Trip Report, that is

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Clarryhill

Midcoast Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/10 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bka, fabulous report and some really fantastic pics. Really appreciate you sharing with us.

2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/10 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Took a long time to make that post with all the photos and links. Thanks. More places to go have been added to our permanent "gotta go there" list.

2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/10 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very, very, very nice. I'll second what DJ said, great set-up there. So why have you kept us waiting so long?

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/10 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A great first time report. As already mentioned, some info as to where you started from and the ultimate destination would be of interest.

Keep us updated in your venture.

Wayne

Tiger4x4RV

Inland Empire, Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/10 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are obviously a guy who knows how to live! Please keep sharing your beautiful photos and trips reports with us.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/10 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davis_clan ~ Thanks for responding with kind and encouraging words.

OHparklandgroup ~ I hope to get better with each future contribution. I have learned a lot from this process and even more respect for those that post often. I have not been to a lot of states in my TC, yet, but I have traveled considerably in other means, sleeping in the back of my car and beside my motorcycle for many, many years. I am just older and like to have a bed, fridge and bathroom now. I have enjoyed the really great Ohio Parks you have nearby. What a wonderful asset you Ohioans have.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli ~ Hi, again thanks for the encouraging words. Validation is good and an incentive to do more, better. Yes, I am a full-timer, no house, no roots, no schedule. There is more to this particular adventure and I will post some more, on this thread. I don’t keep an itinerary, which is the joy of what I am doing; just point the truck in different directions, when needed.

Computerbug ~ Thanks! Yep, my buddy, Keiss, is easy to wear out with those short legs of his. I never have to worry about him waking me up in the morning, as he does like his beauty sleep.

Kohldad ~ Hey! I have been following your posts for a long time and thank you for such kind words. Yes, it was a pleasure and with all the lurking I have done, I have glommed a lot of helpful tips and shortcuts. Since my trips are actually a never ending adventure, it is hard to stop and pick just one thing to post.

BradW ~ Hi Brad, always, I have appreciated your insight, constructive guidance and enthusiasm. I have no doubt you will be pointed west, very soon, again.

Nycsteve ~ Hey Steve! Thanks for the encouraging words. Writing is something I enjoy and how to hit a stride with a balance of words and photos. Of course my pup, would like it that we are talking about him. It is HIS world. Keiss is a Scotty, 10 y.o., named after a town in Scotland. Keiss is my fourth Scotty, since 1963. He travels and has his own hiking license tag, as Boulder Open Space license dogs to be able to be off leash. I have an upcoming story about his first encounter with a Grizzly Bear too. He stays in the camper, hikes short distances (where allowed) and often stays with friends when I am in the backcountry.

Billtex ~ Wow! Right back at you Bill. I have another post, in the makings of an area that I would say most people would choose to drive right through, quickly. I will take a lot of what I have learned from this initial process and improve. When I would race at a track nearby, I would stop at the Steinbeck Center in Salinas often, as he was someone that I fell for, so many years ago, now. He had such an amazing Truck Camper, himself. Since my penchant is to avoid populated areas, my friends often remind me to be safe and I am learning to change my “personal environment” quotient to who I am today. Thanks.

~DJ~ Thanks for the Super Comments. I have enjoyed following your posts and even more so, the Salmon River country and Stanley country of Idaho, perfect motorcycle country. There are so many more reasons to get back to Idaho and find some more dirt roads to explore. Yes, my rig is really great at staying away from it all and staying warm too.

Clarryhill ~ Thanks! Photography has been a passion of mine, for a long time and the intimate scene is more of a desire, than the scope. I hope this detail shares well with others.

TwoMaineiacs ~ I have enjoyed your posts and contributions for a long time. Because of you, my future destinations will include Maine. Introducing more locations, previously not contemplated, is my goal.

Whazoo ~ Coming from the “Master” means a lot to me. I have been sending out travelogues for years, to friends, with a couple of them on this forum. These rv.net’rs have been encouraging me to do it here too, so I finally did it. I have been around since 2004 and posting since 2008, but I find it is better to watch and learn and from you, I have learned a lot. Thank you.

Reddog1 ~ Hi Wayne and thank you. You have been an inspiration for a long time and your words of experience are always appreciated. In my case, I have been thinking the same thing, of a beginning and an end. To be honest that has been one of my excuses, not to post a TR before. I literally do not have a beginning or an end planned and I like that. Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero . . .

Tiger4x4RV ~ These words, from you, are satisfying as I have followed your travels too. Seeing the future is so far away and not knowing whether those opportunities will be there then, motivate me to do more today. Thanks.

sabconsulting

High Wycombe, UK

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/10 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic report. I love the first abstract photo through the windshield, plus your "fellow travellers" in the golden grass. Beautiful composition.

That is a serious rig you have there - utility body, front winch, satellite dish, BMW bike. Very nice.

And yes, it also ammuses me that people want their picture taken in front of the most dull things. I hope they took some pictures of the fantastic scenery and not just the sign posts!

Steve.

'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/10 03:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is just outstanding 'work' -- for anyone. Got any more up your sleeve? I know you didn't just get truck, camper, trailer, motorcycle, etc.

Cal

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/10 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic Bryan, simply fantastic! I guess it was worth the wait. You know, you could have started simple, just a few pictures, a little text to get rolling. I guess why you took so long was you knew you wouldn't be satisfied with run-of-the-mill.... [emoticon]

I like how you added in some links in your text - I've often thought about doing that but only very rarely have. That's a really nice extra touch. You also have a nice balance between text and photos - I always enjoy the writing in TR's as much as the pictures.

As far as content - wow - the pictures are fantastic
- even using less than the allowed 640x480. Truly amazing colors and detail.

Most of them are perfect postcard material....so I'll comment on others [emoticon] I like the shot of the people taking shots of the people. I found that trick when I got my first camera - I used to make fun of my dad fussing over his camera getting family pictures - so I'd take shots of him while he wasn't looking. On my last BC trip I took one of two different people simultaneously taking pictures of our rig. The bear-prints - very cool. I haven't done enough hiking in bear country to have seen such a nice pair [emoticon] on the trail. Really cool. And I also have to mention the last Swan photo - looks like he's ready to fight.

Man o man - great TR Bryan. Keep 'em coming. Don't fuss about them all being perfect - it's easier to keep up if you don't. But we'll certainly all enjoy whatever you put out there. I sure did with this one. Thank you sir!

I expected to see half your face in a final photo [emoticon]

2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

pa traveler

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/10 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent post with beautiful photos,look forward to more.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Yellowstone ~ Everyone remembers their first time . . Trip Report, that is
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.