|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Wal Mart Parking

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
stevenlit

Keizer, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/02 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good job CampingNuts. That's the best info to be given.

Steve and Denice Little and "Cookie" a rescued 16 y/o Long Haired Doxie/Papillon mix
2001 40 Ft. Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser - Cummins ISC, Allison World HD, Spartan w/Granning IFS, Onan 7.5K QuietDiesel
2002 Chevy Tracker ZR2 - "The Pup"

thumper

wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/02 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree about the comments from the "whiners"...

Something to consider though (and doubly important to ask the manager first) is that some municipalities have enacted zoning laws that prohibit "camping" in certain parts of their boundaries. The Wal-Mart where I used to live fell into this situation and "campers" were ticketed by the local boys in blue.

I've seen all manner of RVs with slides out, but never anyone grilling or the like. Seems most people are doing exactly what another poster suggested - catching up on some sleep before getting back on the road.

Hey, have fun. Don't worry what anyone else thinks - they're just jealous!

wittmeba

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/02 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello VTR Pat,

I dont think people should attack you the way they did about your post. Part of the problem is the spelling of Wal-mart (or Walmart or Wal Mart, etc) that makes search utilities not return findings. We have all asked questions that have been addressed in the past.

CampingNuts posted the link I was looking for (somehow lost from bookmarks/favorites) so I hope you are all set.

*This Message was edited on 02-Jun-02 06:47 AM by wittmeba*

NRA Member & supporter of the 2nd amendment - over 5,000,000 strong

Firefox® 33

Log home images - Updated 05/19/2013

rayhtx

West Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/02 06:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VTR Pat,
For some strange reason folks will jump all over you on the forum and flame people for the most simple questions. But get them out on the road and they will spend hours explaing those same things and try to help you come up with a better way to do anything.
Maybe it is just the computer that brings out the hostility. We all need to get out and smell the roses.

Ray & Pat
West Texas Home on Wheels
03 FW Providence 330 Cat 3126E Allison MH3000, Jeep Liberty
Sterling, Brake, & Breakaway

Frankjake

Ventura

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/02 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy everyone, I am new to towing a trailer and new to this forum, only been on about a week. I was getting a little worried at first, it seems, as with all forums, that some questions get asked over and over again, but the ones of us that are new, never got the chance to read or respond to the old posts. I see where a few on here kind of "Bash" the ones that asked repeat questions. Being a member of several other forums with other topics besides RV's I see many many repeat posts. Most of the time, eveyone will join in a just answer the new person. I hope this is what I continue to see on here. It normally takes just as much time to answer a question as it does to explain to them how to go "search" for it.

Just my two cents worth. And so far, I am enjoying this forum!
Frank

RichB

Duluth, MN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/02 05:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Frank ya really hit the nail on the head. An answer is a lot easier than an explanation of how to do a search. [emoticon]

Rich

05 Chev 2500HD DMAX
1999 Nomad 2655SE

AcaciaWM

Peoria AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/02 02:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VTR
Just to let you know, The City of Flagstaff does not let you use their Wal Mart. The store is not the problem. The PD will wake you up and have you move on. I was just up there and the people at Wal Mart explained this.

lilbear

ND USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/02 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Evidentally the Walmarts in North Dakota will allow you to park there and camp. There are 2 5'ers unhooked from trucks camping in our Walmart right now as we speak. I live 3 blocks away. Also, in another post I was dealt the same bull about doing the search thing. I asked a specific question about a specific camper and was told to do a search. So I am a lurker on this site now instead of a POSTer. [emoticon]

Becky in CA

Monte Sereno, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/02 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lilbear,
Don't let the few grumps stop you from asking any question you need an answer to. Most people are happy to repeat info. It still can be helpful to do a search on any topic because there may be helpful answers from people in the past.

See, you got a nice answer so come on back!

Becky Yoder
2001 Monaco Dynasty
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Charles2222

Cochran

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/02 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amen Troubleshooter,Also Fred Meyer and K-Mart
In Fairbanks I was told Fred Meyer had a dump and wtr.
Always ask any place you wish to stop.
Never think a question is dumb.I like the one about the chicken colonerl.I have never been to proud to ask,and I still ask.Been around RVing since 1968.
Have fun and WELCOME TO the forum

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Wal Mart Parking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.