|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Wal Mart Parking

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Chalenger

Mattawan, MI. USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/02 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pat, ask away with the questions there are many that will help out on here. I'm also a newbie to the RV'ing.
While I was down in Orlando Fl. area (Kissimmee)I was quite tired one evening after just arriving there. I pulled into the Super Wallmart and went in and asked the mgr. If I could park the motorhome for a few hours to catch some sleep. He said that the lot is posted (and it was) not allowing overnite parking of rv's. It was not a policy of Wallmart but a State Ordernance. After looking the sign over, he was right. It is a state wide ordernance in Florida. He did say that I could park and get some sleep as long as it was not overnight. I slept from about 9:00pm until 4:00am and was out of the lot by 4:15am. I was not approached by anyone that told me I had to leave.

Old Snipe

Full Timer

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/02 08:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always found it beneficial to ask ther Wal- Mart manager's permission to overnight after I made some purchases and have the blue Wal-Mart bag(s) in hand. Want to show that I don't expect something for nothing, it helps make a good impression.

Paul D
2007 Winnebago Journey 39K, Cat C7 350 HP
(aka "R SANITY")
2003 Honda Element 4WD Toad
www.rsanityrvtravels.blogspot.com

L and J

Somewhere in the Mojave Desert, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/02 09:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im a newbie toooooooooo... and heck, Ive probably asked more silly questions here than anyone here ever wanted to hear about - again! The way I see it is this: This is a forum for all, and for all to get help, give help and perhaps even make a few RV'er friends. If some of the people dont want to post to questions over and over again, then 1) they can simply ignore the thread altogether (especially when it clearly states the subject in the thread line) and 2) they can just move on their merry way and leave my thread alone if they dont like it. What I dont understand is why do they even bother to reply at all... if they are so bothered by it, why arent they just 'moving on' and leaving the thread alone - if it annoys them so much, it appears to me to be a waste of their time to even bother giving such flip replies. Oh gosh... noone will ever be as perfect as me I guess! BAHAHAHA ;-) (kidding of course)

Continue to ask away!!

As for WalMart....I hope the information given to you by the others is of help to you. I know its helped me, so thanks for asking the question.

~* The Proud Marine Corps Family *~
Laurie and Jeremy & son and daughter, 6 & 10
Jeremy is active duty (17yrs)/(Gulf War/Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom/Currently serving in Operation Enduring Freedom AGAIN!)

1999 30' Class C V10
No Toad....YET. Still Researchin'!
6x10 Trailer carrying: 2003 Honda XR50, 2003 XR70, 1998 Yamaha 250 (I think thats what that thing is!lol), 2000 Yamaha Warrior quad 350electric

rayhtx

West Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/02 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are all Newooooooo Biessssssss. I have never met the person that knows everything. I also have never meet one that has not made a mistake. Post your questions when you can't find answers and the great folks on this forum will try to help.
Welcome to the Forum
rayhtx

ARcruiser

Benton, AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/02 10:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last December we stayed at Wal Mart in Live Oak? Florida on way to Orlando. We arrived very late... around 1am to 2 am.... 4 or 5 other rigs were there also.

About 3am, we were awakened by loud pounding on front and rear windows. Jumped up, looked outside to see 2 Police Officers.... they told me I had left headlights on! (billyunt, Ain't I)
Florida law or not, they said they patrol the lot, knowing that a lot of tired out of state folks are there. I thanked them, and that was it.

*This Message was edited on 09-Jun-02 10:39 AM by ARcruiser*

Pokie3

San Diego, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/03 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sad thing is, I'm not sure the original poster came back after the initial bashing he received. This is, after all, the Beginning RVing's forum, right?? Thanks to all who gave kind and informative responses. As another newbie, it's a question I've had, too. And I'm glad to now have the answer.

Jeepito

Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/03 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have stayed at Walmart, after asking manager on duty for permission. Sure beats the truck stop. I didn't "camp", but just spent the night.

PIP-SQUEAKS

KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/03 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Allot of times questions are asked by others that I am also curious of the replies. For me this is probably the most significant attraction to the Open Roads Forum. I like to learn from everyones experience...

Just wanted to add the number of views to this thread says it all...

*This Message was edited on 11-Jul-03 08:11 PM by PIP-SQUEAKS*

Kevin & Susan
3 Kiddie Cats
1 Sheltie

2002 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 4.6L V8 Triton Auto 4.10 LSA 6050# GVWR Tow Pkg.
DERALE 13204 Transmission Cooler 20500GVW
BRIDGESTONE Dueler A/T Revo LT265/75R16 Load Range D 3000lbs.
Superchips 1715 MAX Micro Tuner
Firestone 2150 Sport-Rite Air Coil Springs
2004 Dutchmen Lite 28BH-SSL
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller

mike4947

N. Syracuse, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/03 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The policy does vary from Wally World to Wally World. Around here you ask the manager and he says yes and hands you a paper with THE RULES.
My favorite one is #2 Overnight patrons should be aware that the public rest rooms are not to be used for full bathing.
Sort of disconcerting to walk in and find 3 nude people washing up at the sinks.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Wal Mart Parking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.