|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Maiden Voyage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
tmphoto

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/10 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all of the great info on this site! It was invaluable to me in deciding on a truck and camper (not to mention all of the mods to my truck). I spent most of this week prepping the truck with Air Bags, Stabil Loads and Torklift Mounts. I have my fastguns ready and ran out of time to install the Rancho 9000 shocks that came in too late. Might be best since I am getting a free wireless controller for the shocks by rebate and it might be best to install all at once. I have a Hellwig Bigwig sway bar on order and will install that when I return from the trip. So, the Dodge is ready for the trip and we are heading out today to pickup the Arctic Fox 1150 from Bish's RV in Idaho Falls, ID. They are great and gave me an incredible deal on a 2011 1150. Should be quite a first trip, so far the weather looks good and we have more snow in Nashville than they are getting out west right now.. I have a set of V bar chains for the rear outer tires on the Dodge. Will update as we go!

Dodge 3500 DRW Crew Cab LB 4X4, 2013 Voltage 3905, Stable Loads, Air Lift Bags, Big Wig Sway Bar, LED Lights, KTM 690 Enduro, KTM 350 XC-F (Plated), Kawasaki KDX 220, Mini Big Green Egg Maiden Voyage

turtletalk

NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/10 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be looking for your trip report --going and coming!

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/10 12:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a good trip... looking forward to updates

sleepy

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/10 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Right on tmphoto! Welcome to the site...your set up is much like mine. Mine is just a little older. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Your going to love the space of the 1150. Did you get the dry or wet bath?....A quick mention....you didn't say if you had a bed liner or a bed pad. I use both but if you have neither the quick solution to protect your bed and keep the TC from shifting and rubbing the paint off is a bed pad. The price isn't horrible either....you should be able to find one along the way. If you have either your good to go...congrats!

* This post was edited 12/26/10 01:41pm by KKELLER14K *

tmphoto

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/10 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a factory under the rail bed liner and also added a matt to keep it steady. Decided to drive all might. Me and the DW swapping every 4 hours to get shut eye. I have about 12 hours left to get to Idaho Falls. Will probably get a motel there as we will arrive after closing time at the RV dealer. Really like the way the Cummons eats up the miles. Very comfortable seats and ride.

tmphoto

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/10 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh,we went with the dry bath.

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/10 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I flew to Salt Lake City and drove up to Idaho Falls in FEB 2009 to look at a camper. There was snow everywhere with big piles in the parking lots but the roads were clear and the temps were right around freezing so not too bad. Hope you have the same luck. There is a Walmart right off I-15 at W Broadway that you can use to buy the essentials for your trip home. Also a Fairfield Inn and several restaurants there if you need a place to stay until you pick up your rig.

I see Bish's is on the NW side of Idaho Falls. If you want a nice little drive for a shakedown you might go east on Hwy 26. I took a drive out that way and saw Palisade Lake nestled in the foothills of the mountains. The lake was frozen over and covered with snowmachine tracks. Gorgeous country!

Snake River from Hwy 26

[image]

Palisade Lake on Hwy 26

[image]

Oh, and while in Idaho Falls drive south a few blocks on S Utah Ave which turns off West Broadway just a block or so east of I-15. There is a beautiful statue/fountain in a roundabout just before you get to Panchert Dr.

[image]

[image]

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

tmphoto

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/10 12:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Thanks for the info. I love the photos, that fountain is amazing. This is a quick shot taken today from I 80 in Wyoming [image]

Moderator Edit - photo width=640

* This post was edited 01/01/11 02:46pm by an administrator/moderator *

tmphoto

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/10 12:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weather is good for now but there is a snow storm coming tomorrow ;( Trying to figure out what we will be safe attempting, would really like to go to Jackson, WY and West Yellowstone.

Eugarps

Hagerstown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/10 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a great trip. How's the weather man treating you? I sure hope you have a camera along to show us the load out. [emoticon]

Bill

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Maiden Voyage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.