|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Waterton Park Alberta

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Canned Ham

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/11 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.

2002 4x4 Dodge DRW Lariat SLT Quad cab
5.9 Turbo Diesel
6-speed manual transmission
with some kind of exhaust(?) brake

...but something's missing...

MNtundraRet

Bloomington, MN

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/11 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were there in 1999. We picked a non-electric site right by the lake-shore. The wind coming across the lake, off the glaciers, kept blowing out the refrigerator on propane. We needed to shift back to an electric site. We liked the short walk to the shops and restaurants.

We got to eat at the hotel on the point, and golf at the golfcourse across from the hotel. We hope to get back there again.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/11 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for the compliments and the feedback.

DAS26miles - The biggest drawback to any National Park in Canada is the cost, not only for entry but for camping. I have started to stay away from the parks if I can. For Waterton I have a park pass for the open season, but still cringe every time I have to camp as the rates are so high. They do plow the town streets, actually better than most cities, and this year they even plowed the campground sites - go figure.

pianotuna - Thought about wiring up a switch but I am having enough of a job getting a switch wired in for the back-up camera. No time and no place warm to do it. Did just see a ad for a indoor thermostat with a remote, will have to check into that. You reminded me about the blanket idea, I had forgotten, will have to make a note for next time. I did add weather stripping to the door and that made a huge difference.

kohldad I will try and get some pictures of the plexi install. I was just going to use the shrink plastic on the windows but after pricing it out found that the plexi was cheaper in the long run, even if it only lasts for two years I save money. As far as brave, I would say more stupid than brave. I live by the saying that whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Living in Canada if we don't get out in the cold we would never get out[emoticon]

billtex - Modeling fees go through the union, think it was two buckets of grain and some fresh leaves [emoticon] We actually saw hundreds of dear, only this one had anything worth photographing.

profdant139 Here is my web site http://www.firstchoicephoto.ca I hate to say it but the galleries need a lot of work to get them up to date, looking at some pictures I am not really proud of them as they are showing their (my) age. Another project on my to do list.

Dave1131 - Good time this time of year - free park entry, free campsites and very few tourists!

MNtundraRet - Try Crandell campground or even Belly River on your next trip. No electric but a lot less wind.

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

TBH219

South East, Charleston SC

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/11 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW those are some very nice pics I like the frozen waterfall and the buck pics. That thing has a ton of mass on those horns.

Very beautiful country up there. I hope to get to visit someday. Thanks for the report.

Blake

2011 Ford F-350 CC SWB 4X4 SRW 6.2L 4.30 Gears Torklift tiedowns/Fastguns

2011 Northstar Laredo SC 4ea.AGM'S 240 watts of solar and some other stuff.

DAS26miles

SoCal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/11 04:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was that the CG at the far end of town and just a short walk to the west over to the waterfall? When we were there in September, they were concerned about the bears. Guess they are all tucked away for the winter.

Photomike

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/11 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DAS26miles wrote:

Was that the CG at the far end of town and just a short walk to the west over to the waterfall? When we were there in September, they were concerned about the bears. Guess they are all tucked away for the winter.

That is the one. No bears for some reason on this trip [emoticon] [emoticon]

Bigfootchevy

Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/11 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also would be interested in seeing your plexi-glass windows pics. Very interesting story and nice pics. Have fun in the snow and thanks for sharing.

Paul

gvgeode

Grass Valley, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/11 11:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pics, thanks for sharing them. And thanks for the idea about turning the covers back to warm up the sheets, had never thought about that.

2010 F-450, 6.4PSD, CC, DRW, 4X4, 60 gal fuel tank
2009 Lance 1055

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/11 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Photo Mike:

Stunning photos, and very detailed post trip write-up !

Yours is the 1st 2011 Trip Report posted to Trip Reports. Congrats, and looking for more TRs from ya!

Cheers,
Silversand

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Photomike

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/11 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks,

Here is a link to the Storm Windows I built.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Waterton Park Alberta
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.