|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 185  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/11 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spot's back. He's sore, very hungry and thirsty, and eager for affection. We're letting him rest quietly, only checking on him every few hours, when we pet him until he has enough and moves away. A couple more days of quiet rest and he should be ready to start going on walks again. The weather should have warmed back up by then, too.

Not getting anything on the various adoption forums except emails that are so obviously bogus that they're not even amusing.

We'll put up flyers in the immediate area next. He really deserves his very own family.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Harley, blacker cat

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/11 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbi and Spot met today. She insisted on playing chase, but he's not yet up to it, so she'd zoom around, while he strolled behind her. She'd trill and he'd chirp, then they'd both stalk the deer for a bit. She did bop him in the nether region twice, so he finally decided it was time to go inside.

When he's feeling better, he might be able to keep up with her and get a bit more exercise, instead of being stuck in the garage when we can't be with him.

Back to designing the flyer.

AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/11 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spot sounds like a really great cat. And that’s coming from someone who’s not really a cat person…I just feed them….

Anyways, I truly hope you can find a great home for the "Big Guy"!!!

Pops

Btw, thanks for the updates....(thumbs up)

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/11 10:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you get one of the local rescues to place a regular ad on Petfinder with his picture and description of what a cuddler he is? I'm thinking that would be a whole lot more exposure than those classifieds most folks don't know about.
Glad he's doing better.

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/11 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Poppy, the closest rescue has proven to be a major disappointment. Anything involving work on their part is apparently not on the list of things to do...

Meanwhile, this morning's email finally brought a fishing email that's actually funny.

Quote:

How are you doing today over there today with your adorable pet for adoption...hope great? i am responding to your advert placement on Pet- Finder.com concerning your re homing of your pet for adoption...I am highly interested in adopting your pet for my family..we don't have any pet we are rearing for now in the house..so I will urge you to consider my family for the adoption especially for Kerry... she we be adding a year to her age soon and i will really want to adopt a pet for her... also I will need some vital information from you about the pet. Are you the actual owner of the pet? when last did the pet visit the veteran doctor for medical check up and also i want you to get back to me as soon as you can with the last asking price for the pet and what he or she like eating most...I will be looking forward to hear back from you.....I will also like some photos of the pet if it available...

Enjoy the rest of the day...

Happy New year

Mathew Theodore

AuntSmurf

Depends on the day lol

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/11 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmmm, am thinking that Matthew is not the right place for Spot! Spot really sounds like a sweetie.....makes me wish I had a place for him. But, our big dog thinks that cats are to be chased! He would get along with our little dog, tho. [emoticon]

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/11 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's been misty or lightly raining all day, but everyone insisted on going outside. Spot slid on the hot tub edge (limestone) and got wet, so I brought him into the house and towel dried him, then let him wander about, while Alex and Bobbi were still outside.

He then wanted to go back to his room, so he stayed there a while, but was a bit disturbed when Bobbi barged in (she'd been exploring the garage), ate some of his food, used his litter box, then sat on his bed. I finally caught her and took her out, so he could have a little peace. Brazen little hussy...

Later, when the rain got serious, I decided to be lazy. Went out and brought him back into the house, with his food dishes and blanket. Alex stared at him and a couple of times has hissed at him, but Spot is so polite that he just sits down and waits for Alex to do whatever Alex intends to do. Since Alex is all mouth, he's not sure what to do, so he doesn't do anything -- so far.

Spot took a couple hours nap on our clean laundry (jeans), and is following Bobbi around now, watching her play.

He's still very leery of the Litter Robot, so there's already been a little accident (poop beside the box). He's very intelligent and has been training up quite nicely, so we'll deal with that fairly quickly.

It's been many years since we've had a chatty cat in the house. He's quite a talker, so we're still trying to figure out what he's saying as he explores the house.

It's a whole lot easier to foster a cat in the house, than to keep running back and forth -- specially in bad weather. But I expect tonight to be a bit noisy, as he figures out where to sleep (not on our bed -- Alex won't stand for that), and continues to explore. He doesn't seem to want to sleep on his binky on the chair where I put it, so he'll decide, then I'll put his binky there.

Meanwhile, we'll wait for the next fishing email off Petfinders...

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/11 10:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, wasn't that the dumbest thing, that phishing email? I don't understand what they might gain from that. Sounds like the guy probably isn't even in this country and you know that's not his name. I thought of you today when we made a PetSmart run and I stopped for a second to look at the rescue kitties that will be available this weekend. A beautiful orange boy looked up at me and plaintively asked, "Are you my mommy?" Well, he said it in cat talk but the meaning was perfectly clear. Darn, Darn, Darn. [emoticon]

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/11 11:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, that's Quite a Development! You'll make a big fuss over Alex, of course. Catnip, pheremones, and bribery (treats when the new guy is around) all tend to improve attitudes in my experience. I would also consider giving him a regular litter box to use... he won't be stressed by the machine that way, and Alex is less apt to provoked to going elsewhere if he doesn't have to share with the interloper.

I can't figure what the phisher is trying to accomplish, either. Maybe build a relationship and get an address later? It isn't like you're going to give someone your bank info to place a cat with them so... Hmm.

susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

vikx

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/11 01:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have been "hooked, lined and sinkered"....Spot is in the house, Alex hasn't thrown a fit and Bobbi is flirting. What part of "Spot is home" don't you get??? LOL. Really enjoyed this, good luck in getting rid of Spot...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 185  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.