|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> New 2011 RoadTrek 210 Popular Simplicty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
sergeant76

New Bedford, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/11 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Following photo's are of the new 2011 RoadTrek, 210 Popular Simplicity.

The private bathroom has a toilet, but no sink, should have a sink, maybe it should have no toilet instead have a Porta Potti, less problems, and have a sink. Above the driver and passenger area the storage area has no door(s). I would think that would be unsafe if storing items there, items could fall.

The RoadTrek Simplicity is plain and simple,(Simplicity), but not bad. RoadTrek had to cut down on some of the frills in order to lower the price.

All in all not bad for a class B, and for those who prefer a class B with out all the frills. If I were looking as a first time owner of a class B I would consider the RoadTrek Simplicity.

We are glad that when we ordered our second Class B, 2010, RoadTrek 190 Popular, that we ordered with all the frills.

Ron

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Ron & Rose Cabral
New Bedford, MA
2010 Chevy/RoadTrek 190 Popular
FMCA-303873 ~K1RRC~ RRCRT@aol.com

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/11 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is rather plain..but it should appeal to the folks that want the RoadTrek quality for a few less bucks. $108,000.00 vs $90,000.00 or so.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. ">

sergeant76

New Bedford, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/11 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is listed for $79,000.00.

Ron

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/11 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The kitchen sink is directly across from the bathroom, so I don't see the lack in the bathroom such a big deal.

Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

sergeant76

New Bedford, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/11 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a 2002 Dodge RoadTrek with only one sink, the kitchen sink, no problem, now we have a 2010 Chevy RoadTrek with two sinks, one in the kitchen, one in the private bathroom, how nice.

Of course there are folks who don't like to wash and rinse their hands or brush their teeth and rinse their mouth out or wash their hands after going to the bathroom in the kitchen sink. Most Misses do their food preparations in the kitchen sink, such as rinsing the tomatoes, the lettuce, the fruit, etc, even though RoadTrek provides a sink liner.

With the 2 sinks it feels more sanitary, hygienic, free from elements, sanitary condition for the preparation of food. Then again I guess there are folks who don't prepare food when camping.

To each his own opinion.

Ron

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/11 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From what I have read there are differences that are more than cosmetic - one battery, one fresh water tank with smaller capacity. And then there are still the options. As a new Roadtrek shopper there was too much missing given what has been left out compared to a 190 Popular or Versatile. I believe the under $80K price that has been quoted is for the 190 Simplicity without options. With the options that I want I am paying not more than this for a new (from the factory) full 190P. I think that RT is spinning its wheels on this one - not enough of a price difference. Time will tell how well they do with it.

Thanks for the photos -those are the first I have seen. Up until now it has all been description and specs.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

retraite

Wanderin' about

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/11 05:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1775 wrote:

Time will tell how well they do with it.

But, they get high fives for at least trying.

That said, I sure like our PW as it's built (and modified).

Cheers.

booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/11 05:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1775 wrote:

From what I have read there are differences that are more than cosmetic - one battery, one fresh water tank with smaller capacity. And then there are still the options. As a new Roadtrek shopper there was too much missing given what has been left out compared to a 190 Popular or Versatile. I believe the under $80K price that has been quoted is for the 190 Simplicity without options. With the options that I want I am paying not more than this for a new (from the factory) full 190P. I think that RT is spinning its wheels on this one - not enough of a price difference. Time will tell how well they do with it.

Thanks for the photos -those are the first I have seen. Up until now it has all been description and specs.

We also paid a lot less than the $80K, but remember that is MSRP, so you should be able to get at least 15-18% off of that, which would put you at $64-$68K, which is not all that bad these days.

The one tank sounds wonderful to me, as the inside tank really doesn't do much for cold weather use IMO, and it takes up prime storage space. We took ours out, and run on the outside, 14 gallon, tank. It really hasn't been an issue for us, but 22 gallons would be better. I will be very interested to see if the bigger tank will fit into our 07, new roof style 190P.

* This post was edited 01/22/11 09:04pm by booster *

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/11 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Schweet! No real look of being a stripped down version, just not as many bells & whistles. Now all they gotta do is come up with a 190 4x4 version.... [emoticon]

Jim, "A penny saved..... is a government oversight."

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

sergeant76

New Bedford, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/11 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The price is $79,000 for this brand new 2011 RoadTrek 210 Popular which is in stock at a well known RoadTrek dealership.

Ron

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> New 2011 RoadTrek 210 Popular Simplicty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.