|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Largest Bumper Pull TH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
SuperBad

fl

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/11 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The truck I want purchase sits up too high for a 5th Wheel to hookup in the bed, so I am now thinking about a bumper pull. Could anyone provide me some information in regard to what is the largest bumper pull with the largest garage TH that is currently available. Truck will pull 30K Lbs. Thank you.

Bad Brad

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/11 10:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pull a Raptor 3110TT. It is an outstanding nice trailer with a 10' garage (2 queens in there) and also a slide-out. Up front is another queen and the bath room. We feel Keystone did a great job on this one. Additionally, it has triple axles & all wheels are 16". Mines not for sale, but given the economy, I'd suspect there's a few out there. I've had mine for over two years with zero problems.

BTW, my truck is also lifted. It pulls the trailer with ease.

2020 Ford F450 Lariat, 6.7, 10 Speed

2018 Grand Design Momentum 394
2010 Polaris RZR S
2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000
2 boys 23 & 21 yrs
A Really AWESOME Wife

BigDogF250

Ramona, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you mention largest garage possible are you requiring an isolated garage? My WW FSC3200 is 32' INSIDE, outside of the box measures 33.5' and it's more like 36' tongue to back. The longest I have ever heard of was 34' inside in a toy hauler.

I have 19' of usable garage plus the kitchen if I really needed it. I can easily park a Polaris RZR, 1 quad and 2 motorcycles with no stacking or twisting and still have room to pull into camp at midnight and go to bed without unpacking. When I don't take the RZR I don't even bother unloading the bikes till it's time to ride, they fit in the back under the bed. I can lower the rear bed to sleeping position and have someone use it with the bikes under it.

Rolling up a carpet isn't that big of a deal, I didn't need to dedicate space to a garage that wouldn't be used for living space. The trailer is just under 300 sq. ft, no need to give some away...

Good Luck!

Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

MadMav

Colorado Springs, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a few out there that have a GVWR of 18k and are near 36ft and have garages around 16'. Let me do some more research and I will get back to you.

Mav

"A fifth wheel trailer is a bi-level towable mobile home."

SuperBad

fl

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Brad, I will take a look at that model you mention. I was hoping there would be a 40 footer out there with a 12-14 garage.

The hauler I am looking into (Sport Chassis) does come in a lower version. P2XL vs P2 so the 5th wheel is not out of the question with the P2, I just perfer the XL version of the truck as I plan to drive it around a bit, but it's clearly too high.

The quest continues.....

BigJon05

Central Valley CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wow you must have a huge lift. I have a 6" lift and 35" tires and my fifth wheel sits perfectly level.

2007 3924 Raptor
03 F350 PSD longbed, 6" fabtec, BFG 35, airbags and compressor
09 Can-am Outlander 800 max xt ltd
07 Can-am Outlander 650 max xt

SBrooks72

Phoenix, Az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/11 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SuperBad wrote:

The truck I want purchase sits up too high for a 5th Wheel to hookup in the bed, so I am now thinking about a bumper pull. Could anyone provide me some information in regard to what is the largest bumper pull with the largest garage TH that is currently available. Truck will pull 30K Lbs. Thank you.

I know forest river and Weekend warrior have 34ft'ers (bumper pull). As for garage, they didn't have them separate. Good luck
Brook

SuperBad

fl

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MadMav wrote:

There are a few out there that have a GVWR of 18k and are near 36ft and have garages around 16'. Let me do some more research and I will get back to you.

Mav

This seems along the lines of what I am looking for. I have viewed a few manufactors websites, but have not seen too much in a bumper pull layout. I really like the Enduramax 3912END to provide an idea of what I am after, but again I need to decide if I want the lower version of the hauler to pull it.

fsujeeper

md

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 06:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

someone here had a custom 40 weekend warrior bumper pull. forget who though.
the large forest river bumper pull was the cherokee wolfpack 30wp. i am pretty sure they stopped making them. we have the 30 wp and really want to upgrade to a 5th wheel.

MadMav

Colorado Springs, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sorry. I have searched for a bit, and cannot find them anymore. I'm pretty sure they were listed on the Forest River web site last year, but cannot find them on there any more.

Mav

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Largest Bumper Pull TH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.