|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Largest Bumper Pull TH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
sin cal hd

Hooligan #109

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 08:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just out of curiousity, what truck is to high and pulls 30k. I want one.

2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

carringb

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/11 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a custom built Weekend Warrior that was 41' long. 12,000 pounds empty and 18,000 loaded, with 18' of cargo area.

However..... They neglected to put it on a heavier frame, so it still only had a 13,000 GVWR. When I complained they told me to go by the axle weights, which meant 18,000. WIthin less than a year, the A-frame started to crack at the welds, and on my trip back to Oregon to have it fixed, the A-frame ripped off of the trailer, and the body separated from the chassis during the recovery chassis, so I opted to have it totaled out (it was borderline, but I didn't want any future issues, considering it already had issues before being wrecked).

BTW - They screwed up on my first build, and made one more just like it, but in the wrong interior color, and without the 6" lift. My dealer sold it shortly after delivering mine, so there may be one more out there, if it hasn't broken also.

What are you towing with that has 30,000 pounds towing capacity? I can only go 20,000 on my receiver, and have to use the pintle hitch above that (up to 30,000) and few RV trailers have a lunette ring instead of a ball-hitch.

2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

SuperBad

fl

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/11 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to those that replied with some options. Sounds like I need to decide to either get the smaller truck and the 5th wheel, or the bigger truck, a large box trailer and stay in hotel[emoticon]. Brand new to RV'ing at this point therefore simply trying to figure the best plan.

In regard to those asking about the truck I am looking at that is too large and pulls 30K. It's the Sport Chassis P2 which has the pickup bed rather then what most use as I have seen on this forum the "Ranch Hauler" that has the flat bed. The normal P2 will pull a 5th, however when you move into the XL series, they add a lift kit, and what they call a super single rear tire (one large tire, rather than a dually configuration). The XL sits up very high, and I have been told by the Manufactory a 5th will not work.

Thanks again… I have learned quite a bit browsing this forum thus far!

fsujeeper

md

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/11 06:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if u want something custom, spacecraft and new horizons will make you pretty much anything you want.

broccoli2

SoCal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/11 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

that is a big truck
If your getting this one
[image]

Why not get the 4X4 version
[image]

* This post was edited 02/02/11 03:45pm by an administrator/moderator *

2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3921
2011 Jeep JKU
2014 Polaris RZR XP1000 Titanium
2012 Polaris Outlaw 50 Pink
A few 2 wheelers
1946 CJ2a Frame off

SuperBad

fl

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/11 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan thnaks for the info on the Northwoods. Their website is not too informative (keeps locking up my compute) but 38 feet with a 12' garage is what I am looking for.

Broccoli- Not opposed to the P4, but it adds a bunch of $ to the price,and I am just not sure I would use the 4 wheel drive that much. I have also always been under the impression 4 wheel drive adds to rougher ride.

Thanks all for the input

nvreloader

Western Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/11 11:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try looking at Northwoods DF TH Model 38-5U, 12'seperate garge with back dual bunks, Heavy well built, 4 Season TH, with Alum Frame and tons of options.
Don

2010 F-350,6.4PSD, 6spd man trans,CC,SWB,SRW, Caravan camper shell,50 gal bed tank,17,000lb Husky WD hitch,Northwoods 2008 28KS Desert Fox Toy Hauler,2005 Honda 500 Rubicon ATV w/rumble seat,1 Aussie waiting,watching and ridin shotgun on the whole outfit.

SuperBad

fl

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/11 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone ever seen a stacker trailer split in half where the front has been converted to a multiple level living area?

Stack toys in the back, people in the front.

woodly1069

near the house for now!

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/11 02:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

28' Campmaster w/14' garage can't be beat and built like a tank! Would not trade it for ANYTHING!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Largest Bumper Pull TH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.