|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Who has the best Warranty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
wolfcat1

Vidor, Tx.

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/11 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does ant TT manufacture stand out as having the BEST warranty ? Wolfie

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/11 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a few that have a 2 yr full warranty, I think most have a 1 yr full warranty. My zinger came w/ a 2 yr warranty (as do all crossroads products). I saw another w/ a 2 yr warrantywhen I was looking but can't remember who.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS -
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold in 2014

chisnsamnbobnella

hamilton, oh

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/11 10:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco has a 2 year full warranty, and a great product to boot, ie you shouldn't have to use it.

Sam the wife, Bob the me, Ella the baby girl and 3 Chihuahuas... Charro Shakira and Steve.
2010 Jayco Jay Feather EXP 23J
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac V8

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/11 10:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some companies have enough confidence in what they build to give you a 2 year warranty on EVERYTHING, Bumper to hitch!

Crossroads, KZ, Jayco, Carriage, Gulfstream, Open Range, New Horizons, and some others. Earthbound RV's have a 3 year warranty...virtually unheard of in the industry!

Some Manufacturers offer a 2nd year warranty on top of the standard 1 year for an additional fee.

But the warranties are sometimes a bit muddled by the Manufacturer, for Example Skyline's "Ultimate Warranty" has a "3-2-1" warranty. 3 years on A/C, Microwave and roof. 2 Year on Range, water heater and power convertor. Same as all the other brands. And just 1 year on the RV itself!

And a roof warranty for example, no matter how long it is...will not protect you from damages from leaks due to what the manufacturer will say was a result of inadaquate maintance from the owner (YOU)!

And some RV Companies will even stop honoring your warranty if you "use the RV as a residence" or "full time" in it. Jayco, New Horizons and a few others allow living full time in their RV's without restrictions.

And as said, if that new RV has to spend much of it's life in a Dealers repair shop, due to sloppy or cheap construction...is not really made better by the fact that is has a long warranty anyway!

The warranty is something that could be there merely to give you a bit of "peace of mind" when making a large purchase such as a RV. You should instead be looking for a company that is commited to building the best RV in the industry, and are devoted to customer service after the sale. Where quality, craftsmanship and pride are not just advertising slogans!

Some RV companies are in it for a long term...20, 30, 40 or more years in business. Or are new arrivels, in business only a few years, and part of a huge corporation that has to answer to their board members and stock owners?

Do they "forget your face" the minute you sign the papers at the dealership and drive away? Or are they long time family owned manufacturers that build long term relationships with you?

THAT'S what you should be really be looking for. Good luck!
[image]

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. ">

spadoctor

Clinton Corners, NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/11 06:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It all depends how they stand behind what they write. I had a Skyline Nomad that lost frame camber and split the side when more then 2 years past the end of the warranty. The removed the box from the frame...rebuilt the frame and added support...reassembled and repaired all the damage...NO CHARGE. The said it never should have happened. And no buck passing either. The same has been true for the few things my KZ Durango has had happen.

nny12972

NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/11 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The vast majority of warranty issues are fit & finish that most dealers will take care of in a heart beat...the next highest probability is appliances....again, most dealers are warranty agents for appliance mfgs. .....not necessarily the final assembly mfg. you'll need to deal.....checking out your dealer is often the best approach.
J

rastone

Marianna, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/11 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Jayco on which the front wall began to delaminate. I took it to the dealer for repair and they submitted the request to Jayco. A paperwork mess up by the dealer made it look like my warranty had expired by 10 months when in fact it was still in force. But Jayco, even thinking the warranty had expired, still made the repair with no questions asked.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/11 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best warranty is one that you do not have to use.

nny12972

NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/11 01:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately, "the best one...." isn't the rule today.

There isn't just ONE...most RVs have 6-12---some more than that---separate warranties....in my experience, having one rock-solid facility who can and will work them all is what I go for...I talk very frankly about warranties with every seller of major-cost items I buy---reading the instructions helps, too---majority of owners who visit our two CGs these days haven't a clue where their warranty/instruction papers are---much less honestly do the PM....
J

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/11 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO the real key is will the dealer go to bat and fix problems if they arise at no cost to you if they are supposed warranty items. No matter how good or bad the warranty is, how the dealer treats you as a customer can make a huge difference in how problems are covered.

Our trailer has had a few "fit and finish" issues and so far the dealer has beeen very response and fixed them as warranty items.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Who has the best Warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.