RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Converting my dully to a 10 wheel drive to handle Toyhauler

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Modifications & Accessories

> Converting my dully to a 10 wheel drive to handle Toyhauler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 45  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Securiti

Washington PA 15301 USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tj548 wrote:

nayther wrote:

some red paint on the sleeper and it should really look good.

Or white to match the trailer... White with a couple of black and yellow swoops would be sweet.

You are in my head. My wife was just saying that today.

Pictures of all
1996 Dodge 3500
4.88 Gears
GearVender Transmission
Extra 115 Gal Fuel tank
Banks Power Kit
K&N Air filter
5 Inch Exhaust
2007 Wide Open Endura Max

kevin.emerick@facebook.com

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Securiti wrote:

Lol. Yes. Had haring three days ago. Long story. Will update later. But the magistrate needs more time to research the law.
At least he is going about it the correct way and NOT believing everything the LEO had to say. I have seen magistrates that believed LEO's walked on water and their word was his law....

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2010 Rzr or 2007 Grizzly 450 in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Securiti

Washington PA 15301 USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

Securiti wrote:

Lol. Yes. Had haring three days ago. Long story. Will update later. But the magistrate needs more time to research the law.
At least he is going about it the correct way and NOT believing everything the LEO had to say. I have seen magistrates that believed LEO's walked on water and their word was his law....

Amen. I am hoping for the best. I cant drive it till I get ruleing. The dot cop was bad. He put posters up at State Police station a month ago telling his buddy's to tow it if they see it.

Doughboy12

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

that parking spot is perfect for the ramp deck that is all the rage at the moment...

thinkpt

Tustin, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

finally some posts on this. Keep'em coming Securiti, I look for this topic every day, I love reading about your work.

2006 Chevy 2500 6.6L D/A
2007 WW FS2500, Billet etc
2006 Yamaha Rhino Special edition
2006 Honda Trx450er
2008 KTM 530 EXC R
2011 Kx250f
2006 Honda ex300
2009 Suzuki Kx100
2009 Suzuki kx85
2011 KTM 65sx
Son Ryan, Jake, and Jarett

longrider1100

OH-IO

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Securiti wrote:

Y-Guy wrote:

Looking good! Any updates on your legal issues with the pickup?

Slap a cattle guard on it a few spikes and you're ready for Mad Max IV

"...the magistrate need more time to research the law." Don't these magistrates and judges get info on a case BEFORE the case is heard??? I had a judge reschedule a child support hearing with two couples and two attorneys present because she thought a rep from Child Support should attend. It was one of those days I wish I had a roll of duct tape for my head so it didn't explode.

Best of luck to you in this one. Have you decided if you are going to run for sheriff yet?

Time to plan to camp.

Securiti

Washington PA 15301 USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 03:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thinkpt wrote:

finally some posts on this. Keep'em coming Securiti, I look for this topic every day, I love reading about your work.

Thanks. Havent worked on either one in awhile. Been working to pay for these projects. Ready to get in mood again.

MPond

Thousand Oaks, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Securiti wrote:

If you could see these spacers. You would see they are of high quality. The law code says I can have 1/4 inch spacers. But I had 3 inch. But if that is the best problem he could find after the major change I did with adding 3rd axel. Then I am doing good.

Here is pic of spacers

Just catching up on this thread - missed it for a while.

One thing that might be worth checking is this: I've spoken to Leo's in both CA & UT, and the distinction between spacers & adapters makes all the difference in terms of what's legal and what's not. The way I've seen it defined is that spacers slide over the existing studs, but you still use those same studs to bolt the wheel on. Adapters are designed like your picture above - they bolt to the existing studs, and have a second set of studs for the wheel to bolt to. And it doesn't matter if the adapter is from the same bolt pattern to the same bolt pattern - they're still considered "adapters", and they're still legal - at least in CA & UT.

I don't know if this is the same where you live, but it might be worth checking into. If it's the same there, maybe you could show the pictures above and explain that they qualify as adapters, not spacers.

2003 Country Coach Intrigue, Cummins ISL 400
Toad: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) toad, with just a few mods...

Other rig: 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually / Next Level 38CK Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler w/ quads, sand rail, etc...

Securiti

Washington PA 15301 USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/12 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MPond wrote:

Securiti wrote:

If you could see these spacers. You would see they are of high quality. The law code says I can have 1/4 inch spacers. But I had 3 inch. But if that is the best problem he could find after the major change I did with adding 3rd axel. Then I am doing good.

Here is pic of spacers

Just catching up on this thread - missed it for a while.

One thing that might be worth checking is this: I've spoken to Leo's in both CA & UT, and the distinction between spacers & adapters makes all the difference in terms of what's legal and what's not. The way I've seen it defined is that spacers slide over the existing studs, but you still use those same studs to bolt the wheel on. Adapters are designed like your picture above - they bolt to the existing studs, and have a second set of studs for the wheel to bolt to. And it doesn't matter if the adapter is from the same bolt pattern to the same bolt pattern - they're still considered "adapters", and they're still legal - at least in CA & UT.

I don't know if this is the same where you live, but it might be worth checking into. If it's the same there, maybe you could show the pictures above and explain that they qualify as adapters, not spacers.

Thanks. That is exactly the way I presented my case. But I am still waiting for magistrate to research law. And schulel a hearing. He seems to be taking his time on this But thanks for info

MPond

Thousand Oaks, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/12 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Securiti wrote:

Thanks. That is exactly the way I presented my case. But I am still waiting for magistrate to research law. And schulel a hearing. He seems to be taking his time on this But thanks for info

Best of luck to you. Please let us know how it turns out.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 45  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Modifications & Accessories

> Converting my dully to a 10 wheel drive to handle Toyhauler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS