RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Avion truck campers - Hundreds of photos

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Avion truck campers - Hundreds of photos

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 431  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/14 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went out to a great dinner in Lawrence, Kansas. Decided to stay in a motel tonight and get rid of some of the road dust. Backed into a space in front of the room and two low hanging rods from a balcony went through the top rear of the Avion. I'm a bit low, as you probably understand. This is a major repair.

As Sweet Jane puts it: look on the bright side. You'll never do that again.

She's right about that. Whew!

Desertboy

Oklahoma/ And Northern Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/14 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yikes, sorry to hear that, did it go all the way through? And was it on the very top of the roof or down where its visible? If its on top it shouldn't be to hard to fix. I feel bad for you man, and I hope you make it home safely.

1969 AVION
3/4 12 VALVE

Freightliner/24' Flatbed 50,000 miles/ Titan 4000 receiver Hitch, no Mods needed.

garryk6

Central WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/14 11:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

67avion wrote:

Went out to a great dinner in Lawrence, Kansas. Decided to stay in a motel tonight and get rid of some of the road dust. Backed into a space in front of the room and two low hanging rods from a balcony went through the top rear of the Avion. I'm a bit low, as you probably understand. This is a major repair.

Wow! I'm glad you guys are alright! Things can be fixed, as you have shown us all on your first fix up 250 pages ago! I am certain that you will fix it, and well! I have found that for a temporary fix, the aluminum duct tape seals pretty good till you can do a permanent repair.
Keep us posted! I am always worried I will do the same....

Garry

Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

tonyj54

Independent Republic of Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/14 11:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cajunavion wrote:

Howdy!
Tonyj I like your floor plan. I am remaking
mine in a similar vein. My kitchen sink
getting moved to where yours is. Would
you be so kind as to give us some pics
of the plumbing inside your kitchen cabnits?
Also what lives in the floor space between your
dinette?
thx

Cajun.

Most of the folks who have been on here know that we picked up our C-10 REALLY cheap, and, due to our situation, haven't done anything that was not absolutely necessary to get her ready for our use. The cushions you see on the settees are original, just covered in cotton slips made by our daughter for us from some pillow cases. The curtains are made from fabric left over from some project or another.

Under the dinette is a little storage spot, not designated for anything particular right now. I'll get some photos of the undersink plumbing if you like, but you won't see anything spectacular. To be honest, I don't think I touched it, other than to maybe just make sure fittings are tight.

And, yeah, she's definitely old school. We like her that way. Comfortable, and fits us like a glove. Like the early '70s radio on the counter. We use it all the time. The Coleman lantern hasn't been lit yet, but we LOVE the fact that it's there, and we wouldn't move it for the world. Talk about a conversation piece! The Dometic fridge works fine, the stovetop we use just like we bought it, and, we're not certain, but the oven did not appear to have ever been used when we brought her home early last year. Funny thing is, we found her in a backyard less than five miles from our home. She was patiently waiting for us to find and love her.

So, as soon as possible, our intentions are to have our girl back out there, showing off, making new friends, and introducing this true piece of art to new folks.

See y'all on the roads, or in the parks.

tonyj & Shirley
'66 AVION C-10
'86 F-250 6.9 DIESEL
KJ4OEQ 146.520MHz
CB Channel 7

Michael 111

Winston Salem

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/14 05:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

67avion wrote:

Sorry to to hear this....i am sure that you will be able to repair it like it was never there.

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/14 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pulled the metal back and stuffed towels into the holes. As an old photog I always carry duct tape. So it's secure.

I was very unhappy with rumbling dreams all night. One of the dreams had me back in the Southwest desert where Indians were performing a healing ceremony on my camper. I sat straight up in bed.

It was time to develop some temp solutions. Woke up with a mission. The hotel keeper really helped me out with an 8 foot ladder.

We're heading to Thomas Hart Benton's home in KC and then to other spots where he painted murals.

Onward Avionistas!

Sent from my iPhone

69 Avion

Phoenix, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/14 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I am very glad that nobody was hurt. Things can be fixed or replaced, people can't.
Please be safe on the rest of your trip.

Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/14 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

67avion wrote:

I guess misery likes company . Last trip out in the fall , 5 front panels need replacement . So much for my almost perfect skin . I truly feel your pain .

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

garryk6

Central WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/14 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

67avion wrote:

I guess misery likes company . Last trip out in the fall , 5 front panels need replacement . So much for my almost perfect skin . I truly feel your pain .

You guys got any pics?

IT always helps to see the damage, and then how you fix it, to keep the rest of us encouraged when we have a boo-boo, so we can not get so discouraged when it happens...

Garry

Jamm3r

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/14 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cajunavion wrote:

[image]

Ogden Model A water filter.

Cartridges still available, look for General Ecology part RS-50g from ebay or other sources.

1971 Cayo C-11 truck camper, 2010 Airstream Classic, 1997 Chevrolet K2500, 2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 431  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Avion truck campers - Hundreds of photos
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.