|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> BREEZE HANDLING ISSUES - Mike Mas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/11 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HeresLucy wrote:

The Breeze is built on Tiffin's PowerGlide chassis. You will probably need to take these questions to the TRVN forum.

Lucy

Thanks, Lucy.

I don't happen to have a Tiffin product, so I don't monitor that site.

If you/others happen to get any factual info on this, would appreciate your posting it here.

Thanks.

Brett

Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
EX: 1993 Foretravel 36' U-240

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

HeresLucy

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/11 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wolfe10 wrote:

HeresLucy wrote:

The Breeze is built on Tiffin's PowerGlide chassis. You will probably need to take these questions to the TRVN forum.

Lucy

Thanks, Lucy.

I don't happen to have a Tiffin product, so I don't monitor that site.

If you/others happen to get any factual info on this, would appreciate your posting it here.

Thanks.

Brett

I'm really out of my element on this topic and since we don't own a Breeze I really don't follow the discussions on it. But in an interest to help I looked thru the replies in one the links I provided earlier and this one had some details that might make sense to folks who understands this stuff. I'm leaving out the member's name. This was posted in July of 2011.

~~~~~

"There may be several "causes" for your steering problem, and if you work with the factory (Tiffin) they should be able to correct your steering problems.

First, they are now recommending lowering the tire pressures to 80-85 psi all around; as compared to there original requirement of 110 psi. This pressure is sufficient to handle the maximum vehicle weight ratings on each axle, but you still need to get your coach weighed -- preferably on all four corners -- to make sure you are not over weight on one of the corners.

Next, Tiffin has issued a new set of alignment specifications -- they are available from Gary Harris at Tiffin -- that have new values for caster, camber and ride height. Both sets of axles need to be checked for alignment: the critical dimensions for the rear are ride height and thrust angle, while ride height and caster are critical for the front.

Next, the vehicle needs to be loaded to the approximate weight and distribution you will using while travelling. It became apparent early on to most Breeze owners that the Power Glide chassis were aligned at chassis build-out, but many did not receive re-alignment after the the "house" was added.

Next, have the alignment performed by a reliable truck facility and have them communicate with Tiffin (Gary Harris) prior to undertaking the alignment.

Finally, don't be afraid to become vocal with Red Bay -- up to and including with Bob Tiffin -- until you are comfortable with the ride."

~~~~

Hopefully it helps?

Lucy

* This post was edited 11/18/11 05:56pm by HeresLucy *

2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> BREEZE HANDLING ISSUES - Mike Mas
Search:   Advanced Search